House Of Representatives Top Secret Hb 4271 Hearing

bobandtorey

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is this person a Dr?  She's saying high THC causes seisures... 

And Naptha needs to be outlawed?  She's using Fear and conjecture to pursue her own agenda...  She's trying to commercialize and make it so only large companies can afford to grow.  I don't use or condone naptha, but I also would like to see her lab tests showing traces left over.  And who does she know that's died from it?  No one.

Seriously, who is this woman?  She needs to be removed from hearings.

Cannabis Patients United opposes the bill as written, and will testify...

Becca Hollingsworth gave this testimony back in late May, I was in attendance.  Personally I did not care for her testimony and have to wonder if she is not being paid by forces that would like to come into Michigan if 4271 passes.

Our main objection to the bill is allowing dispensaries to cultivate.  We consider this a slippery slope that could lead to caregivers being banned.

Is this person a Dr?  She's saying high THC causes seisures... 

And Naptha needs to be outlawed?  She's using Fear and conjecture to pursue her own agenda...  She's trying to commercialize and make it so only large companies can afford to grow.  I don't use or condone naptha, but I also would like to see her lab tests showing traces left over.  And who does she know that's died from it?  No one.

Seriously, who is this woman?  She needs to be removed from hearings.

It just goes to show us things go on behind the scenes that we don't know about $$$ money does that IMHO

The title of this thread is very misleading. 

The hearing, or non-hearing as described by the head of the Judiciary Committee of the State Reps, was held back in May as Hayduke said.    I was there.  It was standing room only and from what I could tell there was someone there from nearly every activist group in the State plus MPP

exactly right, Semi...

And Rep Cotter the chair of the House Judiciary made clear this was NOT a hearing on HB 4271 but rather a discussion of distribution.... 

so I agree the title of this thread is factually incorrect...

though only dispensary proponents and testing groups were given time in the morning to testify...

in one of the testimonies (joe cain?) he cuts the speaker off and says how the speaker cant just attack the bill, or else nothing will get done. 

or something like that.

the speaker had a valid point but i think was not voicing it with the right words.

but yeah i thought this was a new video, not from may :)

in one of the testimonies (joe cain?) he cuts the speaker off and says how the speaker cant just attack the bill, or else nothing will get done. 

or something like that.

the speaker had a valid point but i think was not voicing it with the right words.

but yeah i thought this was a new video, not from may :)

Yes that was Joe Cain they cut off along with others that were not given time.

Cannabis Patients United opposes the bill as written, and will testify...

Becca Hollingsworth gave this testimony back in late May, I was in attendance.  Personally I did not care for her testimony and have to wonder if she is not being paid by forces that would like to come into Michigan if 4271 passes.

Our main objection to the bill is allowing dispensaries to cultivate.  We consider this a slippery slope that could lead to caregivers being banned.

Thank you for the clarification on the meeting. 

I know CPU is opposed to 4271 as it is now written.  We are lucky to have them attempting to fight some of the language.  Unfortunately, I could never afford the dues to be part of CPU.  I suppose I should clarify and ask if their are effective ways "common folk" can help oppose the language in the bill.   I was approached by another activist in the community with the same questions.  How can people help and show their opposition without hindering overall? 

Edited by northerngal

Thank you for the clarification on the meeting. 

I know CPU is opposed to 4271 as it is now written.  We are lucky to have them attempting to fight some of the language.  Unfortunately, I could never afford the dues to be part of CPU.  I suppose I should clarify and ask if their are effective ways "common folk" can help oppose the language in the bill.   I was approached by another activist in the community with the same questions.  How can people help and show their opposition without hindering here? 

The Medical Marihuana Review Panel is currently taking comments in support of adding Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) as a qualifying condition for Michigan’s medical marijuana program. Please make your voice heard and support the addition of this devastating condition!The panel will also conduct a public hearing on September 5. The deadline for written comments is 5:00 p.m. on October 5. 

According to the Department of Veterans Affairs, PTSD will affect 7-8% of Americans at some point in their lives. In Michigan, that’s about three quarters of a million people. PTSD can be debilitating in all areas of a person’s life, impacting sleep, school, work, and personal relationships.

Many find relief through the use of medical marijuana, particularlyveterans, and victims of trauma should not be considered criminals for seeking a safer alternative to many pharmaceutical medications.

Please consider attending the public hearing in support, particularly if you are a patient with PTSD or a medical professional:

What: Public hearing to add PTSD

Where: G. Mennen Williams Building, Williams Auditorium – 1st Floor, 525 West Ottawa, Lansing, MI 48933

When: Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 1:00 p.m.

She is Cannalytics at the RC Randall memorial wellness center in Lansing.

This is standard fare from what I hear from most testing facilities and proponents in public, private and governmentally.  Thus my years long annoyance with testing purveyors.

They work with these groups/businesses and in my opinion, should be boycotted for working with such a business who is so clueless and wrong on so many levels.

Drop off Locations:

C.S. Consignments
2982 Alice St
Whitehall , MI 49461
231-894-0094

Center For Compassion
Traverse City

Lansing Farmer's Market
1200 Marquette Street
Lansing, MI

Metro Detroit Compassion Club
5489 Perry Dr
Waterford Township, MI 48329
(248) 618-7302

S & G Health and Wellness
119 Fifth St
Michigan Center, MI 49254
(517) 764-9233

Herbal Solutions
124 West Michigan Ave
Ypsilanti, MI 48197

Michigan Compassion Center
1222 Glenwood Ave
Flint, MI 48503
(970) 509-0781

New World Seeds
502 E. Front Street
Traverse City, MI

Dianes Compassionate Care Services
135 Ottawa St
Muskegon, MI 49442
(231) 747-8031

Greater Michigan Compassion Club
(Dueces Wild)

885 E. Apple Ave
Muskegon, MI 49442

Muskegon Medical Marijuana Dispensary
1377 E. Sherman Blvd
Muskegon, MI 49444
(231) 683-1403

Natural Remedies
1349 S. Ostego Ave.
Gaylord, MI 49735

And they seem to be having a cannabis cup this month!

Aww isn't that special.

What a bunch of crock shite people they are.

Are you interested in winning a Federal IND Patient Tin?
We will be accepting entries into the First Annual Cannalytics Cup from now until August 31st! The winner’s will be announced at the Anniversary Dinner which will have guests from around the country including: Mike Boutin, Tawni Boutin, and Nate Morris from Weed Country, as well as Alice O’Leary; Robert Randall’s Widow, Mary Lynn and Al from Patients Out of Time, Elvy Musikka the first female IND Patient and many more on September 14th!

Each entry will come with one free dinner ticket included, and if you want to bring a guest you will get a discount on any additional tickets you would like.

The categories will include: Best Sativa, Best Indica, Best Hybrid, and Best CBD strain.
Entry fee is $120, and seven grams of the flower material you are entering.

I assume she's from Cannalytics.

I'm not familiar with this bill, but in terms of her testimony in this video, she seemed relatively accurate. it did seem as though she may have jumbled some issues (like pesticides and nutes). I assume she meant that there are dangers associated with caregivers using pesticides, as well as some nutrients (like Gravity).

THC can exacerbate spasms/seizures in some conditions.   

Concentrates should not contain carcinogens. I was told that there has never been a BHO sample tested at Cannalytics that didn't test positive for petroleum residues. That's simply irresponsible imo.      

I should add that I recognize the need for home grows to remain a legal option for cannabis patients. I assume that's the foremost concern with those opposed to her testimony. I simply feel that the argument for home grows should take a higher ground than simply claiming that opponents are ignorant.  

Okeefe the writer of Michigan Medical Marijuana Act gives her view. This meeting was never placed on the agenda, yet it covered a highly controversial topic in the State of Michigan. Patients and Caregivers rights, and the distribution of medical marijuana. However, the only view points that were given during this testimony was supportive of HB 4271. Patients and Caregivers do not support HB 4271 but we were not given a chance to attend, or voice our concerns.

Edited by bobandtorey

I should add that I recognize the need for home grows to remain a legal option for cannabis patients. I assume that's the foremost concern with those opposed to her testimony. I simply feel that the argument for home grows should take a higher ground than simply claiming that opponents are ignorant.  

The problem is the bad information.

CBD is not proven to be the main anticonvulsant used in cannabis and actually has shown in one study that it helped 1/4 of the subjects, did nothing to 1/4, and increased seizures in 50%.

I can say from personal experience, CBD does absolutely nothing for me but give me a headache.  I guess I am part of the second 25%.

For them to make such ridiculous and broad statements is just dumb and deserves ridicule.  They simply are doing it to promote their business and beg for their state license when and if testing becomes legal and regulated.

What they do is dangerous and misinforms the legislators. 

The problem is the bad information.

CBD is not proven to be the main anticonvulsant used in cannabis and actually has shown in one study that it helped 1/4 of the subjects, did nothing to 1/4, and increased seizures in 50%.

I can say from personal experience, CBD does absolutely nothing for me but give me a headache.  I guess I am part of the second 25%.

For them to make such ridiculous and broad statements is just dumb and deserves ridicule.  They simply are doing it to promote their business and beg for their state license when and if testing becomes legal and regulated.

What they do is dangerous and misinforms the legislators. 

I agree. She was using lots of qualifiers and weasel wording to promote fear and uncertainty. I know from personal experience that THC rich meds can and do prevent seizures.

Sure wish Zach Jarou still owned Cannalytics.

I mean, the problem we know well(epilepsy sufferers) is that much data is generalized and not type specific. There are many different kinds of "Epilepsy" with many different causes.

Types of Epilepsy

Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
Frontal Lobe Epilepsy
Parietal Lobe Epilepsy
Occipital Lobe Epilepsy
Primary Generalized Epilepsy
Idiopathic Partial Epilepsy
Symptomatic Generalized Epilepsy
Progressive Myoclonic Epilepsy
Reflex Epilepsy
Febrile Seizures
Benign Rolandic Epilepsy
Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy
Infantile Spasms
Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome
Childhood Absence Epilepsy
Benign Occipital Epilepsy
Mitochondrial Disorders
Landau-Kleffner Syndrome
Rasmussen Syndrome
Hypothalamic Hamartoma & Epilepsy

To generalize about so many different inflictions that "CBD is the best because it doesn't get you high" is naïve and dangerous to the patients themselves.  Honesty of the vagueness of research is paramount to patients.  Education is important for these people.  Many forget,... Epilepsy kills.  Broad irresponsible statements that merely exist to promote ones business model are unhelpfull and sometimes damaging.

They seek legitimacy by lying. Plain and simple in my eyes and view.  Others may feel different and I accept that; but I will say something about it. :-)