A Funny Thing Happened

Wild Bill

A funny thing happened today. We were invited to a bar-b-q at the home of some people we didn't really know very well, it was quite a ways away and my back doesn't do well on long car rides. I brought along a few cannabis pills so I wouldn't be suffering all day.

I had taken one and was just starting to fell the effects so I took one more. I find that they last longer this way and there is something of a cumulative effect.

I was on the verge of getting giggly when I overheard a nearby conversation and decided to join in.

An off duty LEO was there and was expounding his views on "these medical marijuana cards".

"It used to be that if you smelled it you arrested them and a blood test was taken. If it showed THC then it was an automatic conviction.

NOW you have to prove that there was something wrong with the way they were driving before you can arrest them."

I interjected, "You've got to be kidding! You mean they actually have to break a traffic law before you can arrest them for impaired driving! That's outrageous!"

His reply? "Yep, that's how it is now, the courts take the side of the criminals."

Can you imagine what this country is coming to? People will need to break laws before they can be arrested.

What will they think of next?

That took some testicle fortitude. Thanks for sharing!

whaaa? you mean not finishing the story? or being able to have enough restraint not to point out the error in his logic? and tempting fate that he might rethink his opinion at a later date and find the error? I think theirs more to the story, ... either way great story WildBill ...  

whaaa? you mean not finishing the story? or being able to have enough restraint not to point out the error in his logic? and tempting fate that he might rethink his opinion at a later date and find the error? I think theirs more to the story, ... either way great story WildBill ...  

I was a little over medicated for the occasion and had two more pills in my shirt pocket while I was talking to him.

My statement was originally meant to be sarcastic but was taken seriously by LEO.

I figured there would be no way to change his mind and any more conversation would just lead to trouble.

It gave me a real good look at what we're up against though.