How Much Weed Will A Heavy Smoker Save If He Vapes?

if you smoke the bud that was previously vaped, do you still get medicinal benefit from the used material?

obviously, it will be deminished, but the vape also does not get all of the thc vaporized either.

to answer OP question, the vape uses about a thumbnail of marijuana, while smoking a joint can take quite a bit more material.

depending on joint size.

for pipe/bowl size, i think its similar amount.

the trick is that you can vape off the same material 2x or 3x.

vaporizing also has different effects for me, so its not the same feeling as smoking.

so i think the amount saved depends on how you feel the effects from vape vs smoking.

if you smoke the bud that was previously vaped, do you still get medicinal benefit from the used material?

obviously, it will be deminished, but the vape also does not get all of the thc vaporized either.

to answer OP question, the vape uses about a thumbnail of marijuana, while smoking a joint can take quite a bit more material.

depending on joint size.

for pipe/bowl size, i think its similar amount.

the trick is that you can vape off the same material 2x or 3x.

vaporizing also has different effects for me, so its not the same feeling as smoking.

so i think the amount saved depends on how you feel the effects from vape vs smoking.

when I only vape, I say I save at least 50% like said above, you can vape that same bowl 2 or 3 times,

as far as the vaped mm after its been vaped, I havent tried to smoke it, but ive mixed a rather large amount with peanut butter, i get a hersheys chocolate bar, and some grahm crackers,  I spread the mixed pb and vaped mm and spread it on a grahm cracker, I take a peice of chocolate and put it on top and than another grahm cracker, I wrap them in aluminum foil and I put them in the oven at 175 for like 10 to 15 minutes and than I eat them, its kinda like a smore but has peanut butter and mm instead, it works real well for anything and it gets you feeling good also!

Peace

I don't think you'll save over the short run, because your tolerance will go up.

Plus, vaping goes fast.  You're basically sucking away the top layer of THC and discarding the rest (saving it for later).

It gets me paranoid at times, strain dependent.  And sometimes, after smoking heavy OG's, it helps lesser weeds and kushes go the distance.

I run through herbs faster with the vape.

I don't think you'll save over the short run, because your tolerance will go up.

Plus, vaping goes fast.  You're basically sucking away the top layer of THC and discarding the rest (saving it for later).

It gets me paranoid at times, strain dependent.  And sometimes, after smoking heavy OG's, it helps lesser weeds and kushes go the distance.

I run through herbs faster with the vape.

Im almost 51 yrs old, Ive been using mmj since I was just a kid, im embarrassed but here goes, I was 9 yrs old when I started smoking, columbian gold, red, rainbow, jamaican, sensi which was just from cali and had no beans. tye stick, black african, northern lites, mexican, etc

My tolerance has gone way down, Im talking way way down, the mm we are getting today is so much stronger than what we were getting when I was younger. they didnt measure it by weight, they measured it by fingers, 2 fingers in a sandwich bag was a nickle  5 bucks, 4 fingers was a lid 10 bucks, it was basicaly a half oz and a whole oz for 5 and 10 bucks!

any one who seen me at the last get together seen how red my eyes got, and I cant tell you how many people asked me if I was ok lol!  I was ok, I was feeling realy good, I just needed tooth picks to hold my eyes open lol.

When I vape it is most def different than a bowl or joint, to me it makes me more mobile, it makes me want to do things, way more than just burning one, but like Ive been thinking, mm is not the cure all for every one, it works on a lot of different ailments but not the same for all with the same ailment, just like pills, the same pill does not help all people with the same illness!  But im willing to try, why wouldnt I? ive almost died from the narcotics the dr.'s were giving me, they say that opoids and xanax is a deadly combination, yet ive not had a dr. since my auto mobile accident in 98 that hasnt wrote me both, and im talking for over 12 yrs so when I messed up and got put in jail for 8 days w/o any help to come off of my narcotics prescribed by a reputable dr. I got no help from the county to help me come off of them, instead when I got out of jail on that 8th nite, i was in i.c.u out cold for over 18 hrs, they could not control me in the jail, I still dont know what was real and what was a dream, and it has been over 3 yrs now, I remember everything whether it is a dream or real, but I do not know which is which, I lost my singing voice lol,   so now I cant sing any longer, (lucky for all of you lol) but I also cant make a lil bit of extra cash doing dj ing and karaoke, I guess I may as well just sell my system!

Now had I been on mm before I went to jail for a driving ticket (non mm or alcohol related) I would have  had no prob with 8 nites and days in jail, I would have come out and been home and had no adverse effects, but thats not how life goes for me most times, I have to learn the hard way!

Ok back to vaping, I realy think it saves me 1/2 when i do it regularly, but I know people who take 2 puffs and actualy get sick from it lol.  so no I dont think it works the same on all people, I dont beleive mm is the cure all, but I beleive for certain ailments it is the best you can do, like for cancer and aids, it makes you hungery, it gives you a good feeling when everything else gives you a horrible feeling!  vaping is a very safe and accurate way to use mm, also medibles and oils, tinctures, butter.  we should not be limited as to what we do with our plant that is most definatly a cure and good meds for a whole lot of people!

Peace

Im almost 51 yrs old, Ive been using mmj since I was just a kid, im embarrassed but here goes, I was 9 yrs old when I started smoking, columbian gold, red, rainbow, jamaican, sensi which was just from cali and had no beans. tye stick, black african, northern lites, mexican, etc

My tolerance has gone way down, Im talking way way down, the mm we are getting today is so much stronger than what we were getting when I was younger. they didnt measure it by weight, they measured it by fingers, 2 fingers in a sandwich bag was a nickle  5 bucks, 4 fingers was a lid 10 bucks, it was basicaly a half oz and a whole oz for 5 and 10 bucks!

any one who seen me at the last get together seen how red my eyes got, and I cant tell you how many people asked me if I was ok lol!  I was ok, I was feeling realy good, I just needed tooth picks to hold my eyes open lol.

When I vape it is most def different than a bowl or joint, to me it makes me more mobile, it makes me want to do things, way more than just burning one, but like Ive been thinking, mm is not the cure all for every one, it works on a lot of different ailments but not the same for all with the same ailment, just like pills, the same pill does not help all people with the same illness!  But im willing to try, why wouldnt I? ive almost died from the narcotics the dr.'s were giving me, they say that opoids and xanax is a deadly combination, yet ive not had a dr. since my auto mobile accident in 98 that hasnt wrote me both, and im talking for over 12 yrs so when I messed up and got put in jail for 8 days w/o any help to come off of my narcotics prescribed by a reputable dr. I got no help from the county to help me come off of them, instead when I got out of jail on that 8th nite, i was in i.c.u out cold for over 18 hrs, they could not control me in the jail, I still dont know what was real and what was a dream, and it has been over 3 yrs now, I remember everything whether it is a dream or real, but I do not know which is which, I lost my singing voice lol,   so now I cant sing any longer, (lucky for all of you lol) but I also cant make a lil bit of extra cash doing dj ing and karaoke, I guess I may as well just sell my system!

Now had I been on mm before I went to jail for a driving ticket (non mm or alcohol related) I would have  had no prob with 8 nites and days in jail, I would have come out and been home and had no adverse effects, but thats not how life goes for me most times, I have to learn the hard way!

Ok back to vaping, I realy think it saves me 1/2 when i do it regularly, but I know people who take 2 puffs and actualy get sick from it lol.  so no I dont think it works the same on all people, I dont beleive mm is the cure all, but I beleive for certain ailments it is the best you can do, like for cancer and aids, it makes you hungery, it gives you a good feeling when everything else gives you a horrible feeling!  vaping is a very safe and accurate way to use mm, also medibles and oils, tinctures, butter.  we should not be limited as to what we do with our plant that is most definatly a cure and good meds for a whole lot of people!

Peace

That's interesting.  I get way less stoned with a joint.  It's more mellow for me.

I'll smoke one and drive 2 hours later.  But vaping, I won't drive.  At least not for 4 hours.

Edited by greenleaf