Mayorherb Defense Fund.

bobandtorey

It was my dr.'s and ssdi that determined I was disabled,  I applied for ssdi for back issues and they sent me to a shrink lmao!

I already had all of the testing I needed for my back, so I guess they wanted to see if I was coo coo also, well they said I had 2 anti social disorders and I was bipolar, anti social disorders, I was a dj and karaoke host lol, but I most def had back issues lol and as far as bipolar well you all can answer that bawahahahahahaha!  Id have to say the head meds they put me on a yr ago made me alot more mellow than I was! :hair:  :skydive:  :butt2:

Peace

So it wasn't the state?  Actually, I was determined to be disabled too, by the Social Security Administration.  Without that, I doubt you'd a have a real solid case.

Now my next question:  Since you were already determined to be disabled, what accommodations do you expect from LEO if you are arrested and put into jail?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Accommodations are specific to each case. It is up to local departments to write and enforce a program of training that requires pertinent accommodation. In Jim's case, I would expect that rules are supposed to be written beforehand to address mobility issues, which are quite common in the general population, and certainly a very common issue within the mmj community. Mental health issues are also required to be addressed. What they would be would be submitted to the DOJ, probably through the EEOC, for approval.

Leo can be counted on to continue to ignore the law until and unless they have their noses held in it. Perhaps it is time we approached state and local governments to stick a cattle prod where it is necessary to bring them to conform. If mayorherb is indeed disabled within the required definition and otherwise meets the requirements of disability law, and was deprived of legally required accommodation, he has the option to bring suit.

I would expect that rules are supposed to be written beforehand to address mobility issues, which are quite common in the general population

How much mobility do you need in a jail cell?

If mayorherb is indeed disabled within the required definition and otherwise meets the requirements of disability law, and was deprived of legally required accommodation, he has the option to bring suit.

I agree.  I just don't think it will be easy, and I don't think Mayor has a disability that will be covered.

"How much mobility do you need in a jail cell?"

To get there requires physical restraint. If a patient's condition does not permit, say, handcuffing behind the back, there should be accommodation that avoids it.

Think things through Celli. Ya gotta try little trooper.

Edited by GregS

"How much mobility do you need in a jail cell?"

To get there requires physical restraint. If a patient's condition does not permit, say, handcuffing behind the back, there should be accommodation that avoids it.

Think things through Celli. Ya gotta try little trooper.

Well being the little trooper that I am, I started thinking things through.  (I have a bad habit of thinking things through using other people's ideas and opinions besides my own.  Nasty, nasty habit.).........

I know that most police officers are currently trained in the ASA.  

I know that a police officer's word carried more weight in court than yours does without actual physical proof (photos, video, etc.).  

I know that if you can't put your hands behind your back, then they can't put handcuffs on you behind your back.  I mean, if it's a physical impossibility, how are they going to do it?

From all of that, I can readily surmise that any disability suit against a police officer better be well documented and center around the LEO literally making your life nearly impossible while in the jail, i.e. not give a diabetic insulin, not allow a person with interstitial cystitis to go to the bathroom, not allow an epileptic to take their anti-seizure medicine, etc.  Making someone uncomfortable doesn't count.

As they say, The devil is in the details."

Well being the little trooper that I am, I started thinking things through.  (I have a bad habit of thinking things through using other people's ideas and opinions besides my own.  Nasty, nasty habit.).........

I know that most police officers are currently trained in the ASA.  

I know that a police officer's word carried more weight in court than yours does without actual physical proof (photos, video, etc.).  

I know that if you can't put your hands behind your back, then they can't put handcuffs on you behind your back.  I mean, if it's a physical impossibility, how are they going to do it?

From all of that, I can readily surmise that any disability suit against a police officer better be well documented and center around the LEO literally making your life nearly impossible while in the jail, i.e. not give a diabetic insulin, not allow a person with interstitial cystitis to go to the bathroom, not allow an epileptic to take their anti-seizure medicine, etc.  Making someone uncomfortable doesn't count.

As they say, The devil is in the details."

Cuffing a patient whose shoulders are injured behind their back can be done, and will likely result in further injury. It is not impossible.

No police officers are trained under the ASA. I am pretty sure you meant the ADA, but how do you know they are, and if so, are they trained adequately and is the policy enforced? Do you have verifiable sources?

Did I say anything to indicate that defendant testimony is any more or any less valid than the officer's?

Edited by GregS

Yes, I meant ADA, I am currently exchanging emails with someone else talking about the ASA and their attempt at getting dispensaries legalized in Michigan.  It was a total brainfart.  

I'm just saying that before you even think about using something like this, you better be dàmn sure you have a solid case.  

I'm also saying, that from what I know of the Mayor, he doesn't have a disability that would be covered.  This was a thread about the Mayor, remember?

I have said the same thing over and over.  I don't understand why you, or anyone would have a problem, or disagree with the statement that I have made.

Greg, you do realize that you're advocating for the use of something that probably doesn't have a shot in hèll  of working, and could possibly tinkle off the judge that has to try you, right?

The map is not the territory.  You're asking me to think things through and every time you come up with a new crazy scenario. (That can change, like not being able to put your hands behind your back morphing into an injury that could get worse if you're handcuffed.)  I've shown you another side to that scenario simply by thinking things through.  It's nice to think that things will always work out the way you think and want them too, but you have to consider what the other side would think and do in the same situation.  Thinking things through entails thinking through different angles than your own.

It's almost as if you do it just to be argumentative.

so we go from some joker in clear violation of the MMMA trying to drag patients down into his self made hole in the ground to a full blown discussion of who is more disabled and what the definition of disabled is.  

sometimes I just have to sit back and watch these discussions unfold.  I can't write stories this good.

Dr. Bob

so we go from some joker in clear violation of the MMMA trying to drag patients down into his self made hole in the ground to a full blown discussion of who is more disabled and what the definition of disabled is.  

sometimes I just have to sit back and watch these discussions unfold.  I can't write stories this good.

Dr. Bob

The definition of disability is important enough to be stated in the clear terms of the ADA. It is important here in that most of us meet it. Is disability law not an important topic for discussion? Disability is a point made by the OP.

Will you please point me to statements that say something "of who is more disabled?"

Edited by GregS

Dr. Bob

Michael’s House Drug & Alcohol Treatment Centers has this to say on that matter:

Ways to Tell if Someone you know is Using Marijuana

1. Loss of train of thought during conversation. Trying to hold a normal conversation with an individual who is high on marijuana can be a challenge. While intoxicated the individual will lack the ability to stay focused on the topic of conversation, and may drift into other, unrelated subject matters.

:lol: :lol:

The definition of disability is important enough to be stated in the clear terms of the ADA. It is important here in that most of us meet it. Is disability law not an important topic for discussion? Disability is a point made by the OP.

Will you please point me to statements that say something "of who is more disabled?"

See?  It's like you thrive off of being argumentative.

I also agree that education is the Key i do as much as i can but some just don't want to here it most still think it won't happen to them they our legal card holders they can have enough  Meds on hand not to run out and if they do get raided they will fight it all the way in front of a jury and when i say what makes you think a jury will here you have a card what makes you think that will happen when know one in this State has been able to do that in almost 5 years 

I don't mean to be rude, but what in the heck are you trying to say? Punctuation, please!

Here's the simple skinny on transporting of the plants: Either Mayor or his caregiver (not sure of his situation) is allowed to be in the car with the plants, not both. On his application for his card, he gets to chose if he will be in possession or if his caregiver will be. There were two people in the car...therefore it is not a legal transport. Period. Only one person is allowed to be in possession, not two.

Why is this so hard to figure out? 

Here's the simple skinny on transporting of the plants: Either Mayor or his caregiver (not sure of his situation) is allowed to be in the car with the plants, not both. On his application for his card, he gets to chose if he will be in possession or if his caregiver will be. There were two people in the car...therefore it is not a legal transport. Period. Only one person is allowed to be in possession, not two.

That's what I said above.  It was one of the few things I could figure out from the narrative that was very foggy about other things.

If they are nice they will give him two rubber mats instead of one, and if they are real nice they will give him a pillow,But in jail you have to earn respect from the guards if not they will make him sleep on the concrete with nothing  disabled or not  

Those are the words of someone that understands how the system works and how you will be treated.

(1) The vehicle is being used temporarily to transport living marihuana plants from 1 location to another with the 
intent to permanently retain those plants at the second location.
(2) An individual is not inside the vehicle unless he or she is either the registered qualifying patient to whom the 
living marihuana plants belong or the individual designated through the departmental registration process as the 
primary caregiver for the registered qualifying patient.

This means only one.
Edited by Dr. Bob

See?  It's like you thrive off of being argumentative.

Factual statements and questions of fact are intended, yes, to offer and solicit rational argument. I don't have a problem with that. Finding truth requires it. It's pretty obvious that you think otherwise. Please explain.

Edited by GregS

Factual statements and questions of fact are intended, yes, to offer and solicit rational argument. I don't have a problem with that. Finding truth requires it. It's pretty obvious that you think otherwise. Please explain.

You're not about finding the truth, you're just about arguing with anyone about anything.  

How many threads have you turned into an argument after giving bad advice?  How many more threads are you going to hijack by doing this?  

Seriously Greg, you're the most argumentative person on this forum, and the more you're shown to be wrong, the more argumentative you become. Maybe you can just leave this thread alone now and let it turn back into what it was supposed to be about, MayorHerb and his defense fund.

You're not about finding the truth, you're just about arguing with anyone about anything.  

How many threads have you turned into an argument after giving bad advice?  How many more threads are you going to hijack by doing this?  

Seriously Greg, you're the most argumentative person on this forum, and the more you're shown to be wrong, the more argumentative you become. Maybe you can just leave this thread alone now and let it turn back into what it was supposed to be about, MayorHerb and his defense fund.

Herb mentioned disability. My comments are pertinent to that. Are you suggesting that discussion regarding disability law is not?

Edited by GregS