Mayorherb Defense Fund.

bobandtorey

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it wasn't the state?  Actually, I was determined to be disabled too, by the Social Security Administration.  Without that, I doubt you'd a have a real solid case.

Now my next question:  Since you were already determined to be disabled, what accommodations do you expect from LEO if you are arrested and put into jail?

Well hmm!  Knowing me and my past if I was to get popped by leo, it would be my fault and I wouldnt expect nothing from them, oh accept a large fine and a bill on my way out of the hilton for the crappy food and uncomfortable bed!  Thats about all I can think leo would do for me, ive been in jail, I didnt get 2 mattresses, pillow wtf is that in jail, I chose to use my blanket as a pillow in stead of covering my freezin arse off!

Am I expecting to much from leo in that situation?

Peace

Well hmm!  Knowing me and my past if I was to get popped by leo, it would be my fault and I wouldnt expect nothing from them, oh accept a large fine and a bill on my way out of the hilton for the crappy food and uncomfortable bed!  Thats about all I can think leo would do for me, ive been in jail, I didnt get 2 mattresses, pillow wtf is that in jail, I chose to use my blanket as a pillow in stead of covering my freezin arse off!

Am I expecting to much from leo in that situation?

Peace

Now there's the words of a man that understands what happens when you get arrested.

əbˈt(y)o͞os,äb-/
adjective
adjective: obtuse
  1. 1.
    annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.

"he wondered if the doctor was being deliberately obtuse"

if "slow to understand =  Refuse to understand   then obtuse is clearly appropriate.

Greg....I Love You Bro

Edited by beourbud

You turned this conversation away from factual points Celli. We've seen how taken you are with your newfound nine dollar word, using it to baffle yourself and other readers with your shiny new ersatz intellect. Congrats man.

The lion's share of my points had been directed toward disability law in response to Redden's/mayor's original post. They are not off topic and are entirely pertinent to that. I'm prepared to move along, and would have earlier had you not made some kind of crude game out of this.

That said, I don't foresee mayor being successful at raising money for his defense here. There are no questions of fact that are compelling enough to garner the attention and contributions necessary. The only questions that may come close to that are, to my mind and which may be somehow useful, those regarding disability which he says he has, but he does not say what that disability is. Otherwise his violations are pretty garden variety and do not rise to a level of shock and awe that warrant a fundamental challenge to the facts in the case because they do not affect the community at large, as do the facts regarding extracts in Carruthers, and which are so clumsily laid out as to be inconsequential. I wish him well and hope he comes out clean.

Edited by GregS

I have hope that someday, with much coaching and encouragement, Greg will make a positive contribution to a discussion and remain on point.

As for the mayor, I am sure his minions will support his efforts (they have to the tune of over $700) but I hope given the financial issues with his club they turn the money directly over to his attorney.

Dr. Bob

You turned this conversation away from factual points Celli. We've seen how taken you are with your newfound nine dollar word, using it to baffle yourself and other readers with your shiny new ersatz intellect. Congrats man.

The lion's share of my points had been directed toward disability law in response to Redden's/mayor's original post. They are not off topic and are entirely pertinent to that. I'm prepared to move along, and would have earlier had you not made some kind of crude game out of this.

That said, I don't foresee mayor being successful at raising money for his defense here. There are no questions of fact that are compelling enough to garner the attention and contributions necessary. The only questions that may come close to that are, to my mind and which may be somehow useful, those regarding disability which he says he has, but he does not say what that disability is. Otherwise his violations are pretty garden variety and do not rise to a level of shock and awe that warrant a fundamental challenge to the facts in the case because they do not affect the community at large, as do the facts regarding extracts in Carruthers, and which are so clumsily laid out as to be inconsequential. I wish him well and hope he comes out clean.

Oh Really

You dont think this activity affects us?

ALL this sort of activity  screws us all    thank you very little.

as long as they keep pushin spensaries they gonna be major push back

NO ONE  should got to jail ....but We gotta follow the Law   Best of Luck

Edited by beourbud

That is the point being made, this behavior DOES affect the entire community.  I don't think anyone should go to jail for a plant, but personally I hope they make an example out of him to negate the utter CRAP he spreads all over the internet, telling people this kind of activity is allowed and encouraging them to participate as well.

This is a gift of the voters, there are rules to follow.  If you want to do something, simply to line your own pockets at some market or sell your overages, that isn't allowed under the plain language of the act, DON'T DO IT- it breaks the law which causes you and your family grief, and hurts the rest of the community with the 'push back' from the courts, leo and the legislature.

You think we have a bona fide section to the law now because everyone was doing this right?  No we had internet and mail order certs, presigned certs, and bad actors on the stage.  They reacted by restricting it to stop them, hurting others in the process.

This kind of activity will result in the same effect from the state if it becomes widespread.  On the short side, he did it, he gets to defend it and take the consequences.  Hopefully with his own money.

Dr. Bob

See?  I've asked you to stop, as a moderator, and let this thread go back to what it was supposed to be about, and you continue to argue.  Why?

'

I guess your decision that Mayor's case isn't special and he can't raise money here overrides whatever everyone else thinks, and we should just let you continue to talk about whatever you want that doesn't have to do with the title of the topic.

I have this to say............. Is anyone here going to say that someone with 44 grams of medical marijuana and 11 cuttings in there car is a black eye on the community? Really? Why because of the stupid harmless little bill that they passed about transporting? It would appear to me that the MMJ was where and how it was supposed to be, so that one is out. The plants? And again this is why I said it back then that that part of the law is not so harmless as we now see. Not realistic to put that restriction on all patients. Some CANNOT abide by the plant transportation restriction. Of course when I said it back then I was told I was an ungrateful fukk for not accepting what the politicians did give us. Pfft.......

First off that part of the law should not pertain to patients or caregivers same as the transporting meds. It is not in the MMMA and the MMMA trumps that law.  But say you buy that it does apply to us. Is this really a violation when it is THE PATIENT and THE PATIENTS CAREGIVER in the car? Edited to add that I already know they mean ONE person in the car.  If you buy that it is a violation. Is that violation really something that someone should go to jail for or BE MADE AN EXAMPLE OUT OF? Really?

I would like to know what it is that Mayor has done IN THIS SITUATION that warrants his arrest? That warrants charges? That warrants being thrown under the bus? I know some here have had their issues with mayor for a long time but to hang him out to dry. For what? Sheit from the past? So when someone has beef with someone and then one of those someones gets wrongfully arrested in the future then we will just agree with the leo when they are wrong just for the sake of you dont like that someone? I know you people and you are better than that. I know you are.

Edited again to add that it is obvious we dont have the full story here and would be nice to have it. Mayor?

Edited by ozzrokk

Don't try to play the personal beef card here.  I and many others in here have rallied round the flag for folks that we don't necessarily agree with or like, but were unfairly accused despite pretty much playing the straight and narrow with the interpretation of the law.

And don't confuse not agreeing with a law with not obeying it as a condition to get special permission to use a restricted substance.  The law on transportation is clear.  The recent COA ruling on oils/tinctures is clear.  It isn't a question of agreeing with either, but those are the standards we have to follow and flaunting the rules, advising others to flaunt the rules and being an a hole in general like this guy is not helping this community.  It was only a matter of time before he was taken down.

I don't support those obviously outside the rules.  You can do what you want.  We can agree to disagree.  There will be other times we will be in agreement.

Dr. Bob

Some CANNOT abide by the plant transportation restriction.

The law on transportation is clear.  The recent COA ruling on oils/tinctures is clear.

These recent rulings, brought about by what was seemingly willfully breaking the medical cannabis law have had an immediate effect on me. While I have little respect for laws per se, and no respect for the government, I do try to obey laws both to stay out of jail and to keep up my end of the "social contract".

I always tried to keep up with the letter of the MMMA as I understood it.

After my last three month vacation at the hospital I am unable to operate a motor vehicle and have no caregiver.  If I need to transport plants there is no way I can do it legally.

My lung function is only 50% so smoking and vaping is not an option for me. Tinctures and oils were a mainstay for me. There is now no way for me to consume these without breaking the law.

I donated money (that I don't really have to spend) to the Carruthers fund, not because I have any sympathy for him, but because if his appeal fails I'll be munching leaves the rest of my life.

The people that are pushing the limits for personal gain don't seem to care about collateral damage done to the rest of us, only about lining their pockets. There are people giving specious arguments here everyday "If you sign a caregiver form and then throw it away after making the sale you'll be legal".

They either don't realize or don't care what these poorly thought out actions do to the rest of us.

The dispensary lobby scares the hell out of me.

Right Dr. Bob. We can agree to disagree. As we also agree to agree many times. My point is about THIS situation. I am still waiting for ANYONE to tell me how THIS situation is a black eye to this community. I suspect I will not get an answer and am used to that. As Wild Bill said there are situations and patients that cannot abide by some of the dumb rules be it clear as a bell or not. I know this for a FACT.

I had thought that the transportation of plants was put in with the transportation of meds in the trunk etc. I will have to double check that. But either way it is an unjust restriction on patients especially when it is the patient and the patients cg in the car. Not anyone, not everyone, not someone just doing whatever they want. THE patient and the patients CAREGIVER.

This medical cannabis law(MMMA) restricts everyones medical use.  It is a highly and tightly regulated system with very tight guidelines and no room for error,.... since the day we passed it.

Many didn't realize that and thought they had received a free pass to any activity surrounding "medical use".  We have seen the result of that.

..... and what is wrong with just transporting seeds?

-_-