Mayorherb Defense Fund.

bobandtorey

I had thought that the transportation of plants was put in with the transportation of meds in the trunk etc. I will have to double check that. But either way it is an unjust restriction on patients especially when it is the patient and the patients cg in the car. Not anyone, not everyone, not someone just doing whatever they want. THE patient and the patients CAREGIVER.

Agreed. It is stupid.

HB 4851 of 2011 amended the definition of Enclosed Locked Facility in Sec. 3 of the Act to include a car for securing plants.

edit: I should add, they believed(and possibly the courts) that a plant could not leave an enclosed locked facility.  Thus the reasoning they came up with for it. (don't shoot the messenger)

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this to say............. Is anyone here going to say that someone with 44 grams of medical marijuana and 11 cuttings in there car is a black eye on the community? Really? Why because of the stupid harmless little bill that they passed about transporting? It would appear to me that the MMJ was where and how it was supposed to be, so that one is out. The plants? And again this is why I said it back then that that part of the law is not so harmless as we now see. Not realistic to put that restriction on all patients. Some CANNOT abide by the plant transportation restriction. Of course when I said it back then I was told I was an ungrateful fukk for not accepting what the politicians did give us. Pfft.......

First off that part of the law should not pertain to patients or caregivers same as the transporting meds. It is not in the MMMA and the MMMA trumps that law.  But say you buy that it does apply to us. Is this really a violation when it is THE PATIENT and THE PATIENTS CAREGIVER in the car? Edited to add that I already know they mean ONE person in the car.  If you buy that it is a violation. Is that violation really something that someone should go to jail for or BE MADE AN EXAMPLE OUT OF? Really?

I would like to know what it is that Mayor has done IN THIS SITUATION that warrants his arrest? That warrants charges? That warrants being thrown under the bus? I know some here have had their issues with mayor for a long time but to hang him out to dry. For what? Sheit from the past? So when someone has beef with someone and then one of those someones gets wrongfully arrested in the future then we will just agree with the leo when they are wrong just for the sake of you dont like that someone? I know you people and you are better than that. I know you are.

Edited again to add that it is obvious we dont have the full story here and would be nice to have it. Mayor?

Thank you no wonder the Mayor won't post here because he would only be bashed as we can see

If everyone were always and everywhere compliant with senseless laws, cannabis users, medical and otherwise, would not have come so far. To say that we should all fall in line in lockstep and with glazed eyes to obey the orders of the man behind the curtain is bullschit.

Edited by GregS

Thank you no wonder the Mayor won't post here because he would only be bashed as we can see

When I think of all the pain he caused my family and me, all the baseless crap he has spread designed to damage my reputation and business (simply because over 2 years ago I didn't mention p2p in a casual discussion with him of cg2cg transfers in a proposed bill), the threats and harassment of my staff and those that I work with, I have no pity for him.  He made his bed.  He gets to defend his twisted definition of the MMMA now (especially since he was given CORRECT information).  I simply feel sorry for Sherri.

It seems there are many others in here that feel the same way.  Is that our doing, or his?

Dr. Bob

Edited by Dr. Bob

Oh Really

You dont think this activity affects us?

ALL this sort of activity  screws us all    thank you very little.

as long as they keep pushin spensaries they gonna be major push back

NO ONE  should got to jail ....but We gotta follow the Law   Best of Luck

The point was that the extract issue in Carruthers is unresolved law. Mayor's issues, as best we can guess, do not affect the community to the degree that a push will do anything to rectify any laws as will Carruthers. Perhaps the illegal xfer issue is a possiblilty, but that is a misdemeanor offense that can be walked away from for a couple of hundred bucks. It is hardly worth any sensible person's, and who lives on a limited disability income, grief and money to appeal, and he can be expected to plead to that charge if it is brought. Otherwise the disability issue has more potential to produce something useful, and even that is a crapshoot.

Edited by GregS

So you pissed the guy off and now you are butthurt Townsend, but you still foment trouble. Maybe you had it coming. It is plain that your bedside manner sucks. Weren't you laughed out of court over the matter, or was that another of your churlish imagined slights?

Edited by GregS

When I think of all the pain he caused my family and me, all the baseless crap he has spread designed to damage my reputation and business (simply because over 2 years ago I didn't mention p2p in a casual discussion with him of cg2cg transfers in a proposed bill), the threats and harassment of my staff and those that I work with, I have no pity for him.  He made his bed.  He gets to defend his twisted definition of the MMMA now (especially since he was given CORRECT information).  I simply feel sorry for Sherri.

It seems there are many others in here that feel the same way.  Is that our doing, or his?

Dr. Bob

i had no idea of any of that

I understand your anger Dr. Bob. I really do. I cannot speak as to what did or did not happen in that situation. But I can understand.

This situation as best I can see is about LEO not honoring the paperwork (if we even have that situation correct)

The whole plant transportation issue (which is dumb as hell and just because it is the law doesnt mean it isnt dumb as hell. In fact it is also against the law for a patient to pass a joint to another patient. I wonder how many people honor that part? I will guess not many if any)

The meds on hand were put away properly and not over weight (so that should have no bearing but I am sure they will try some bullsheit with that)

The tincture issue (which is also dumb as hell in fact even dumber than the transportation issue and that is if we even have that part right)

All of which Mayor will win outright I predict as he should ON THIS CASE......... If his cards and paperwork are in order he SHOULD beat that outright with card protection and again the state will have wasted alot of money for nothing. If the cards or paperwork were not in proper order then he should beat it with a section 8 and still again the state would have wasted alot of money. A state that has no money but the money they waste.

When I say these parts of the law are dumb as hell I do not say it as in well we should just ignore the parts we dont like but some things are not realistic in the real world and on those issues they are NOT.

Someone mentioned about an illegal transfer. I did not see anything about anything like that so I cannot speak to that.

If the Mayor didn't break any laws, then we all should chip in, and show up for his court dates.

If the Mayor did break any laws, then that is an issue. 

Without knowing the charges, a copy of the police report, and a clearly written version of the story, from the Mayor himself, we can't know the truth.

The Mayor has caused Dr. Bob much grief, by continuing to talk about alleged events in 2007.  For the record, Dr. Bob was was acquitted of all charges after a key witness passed away, according to:  http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuanagrowers.net/index.php?/topic/715-the-truth-about-dr-bob-townsend/

In my mind, if a person was acquitted of all charges, back in 2007, it's time to give it up.  The Mayor has continued the smear campaign way too long.

None of the people that I have taken to Dr. Bob's office in Mt. Pleasant, have had any issues with Dr. Bob.  That is the current information.

For the Mayor's sake, I hope it turns out well for him.  If he is innocent, we should make sure he walks.  If he did the crime, he may have to do the time.

Can't we all just get along ???

we can't know the truth.

i know the truth. the MMMA states very clearly its intent:

The laws of Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Vermont, Rhode Island, and Washington do not penalize the medical use and cultivation of marihuana. Michigan joins in this effort for the health and welfare of its citizens.

THE TRUTH IS NO ONE SHOULD BE PENALIZED FOR THE MEDICAL USE AND CULTIVATION OF MARIHUANA ACCORDING TO THE MMMA.

Edited by t-pain

That's the preamble, to the law.  Not the law, itself.  If the preamble was the law, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

"Quote

The laws of Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Vermont, Rhode Island, and Washington do not penalize the medical use and cultivation of marihuana. Michigan joins in this effort for the health and welfare of its citizens.

THE TRUTH IS NO ONE SHOULD BE PENALIZED FOR THE MEDICAL USE AND CULTIVATION OF MARIHUANA ACCORDING TO THE MMMA."

I agree with your assertion, in principle only.  There are many parts to the law.  All parts must be followed, or you are in violation of the law.

By simply disagreeing with the fine details of the law, doesn't make the law null and void.  That would be nice, but it doesn't work that way.

If we disagree with parts of the law, we work to change the law.  Breaking the law, reduces us to common criminals.

We've gotten this far, arguing amongst ourselves does nothing to further our cause.

Learn the law.  Follow the law.  Work on changing the law.

Learn the law.  Follow the law.  Work on changing the law.

sure, where in the law does it say police can do inspections?

because it actually says police cannot do inspections in section 6g

(g) Possession of, or application for, a registry identification card shall not constitute probable cause or reasonable suspicion, nor shall it be used to support the search of the person or property of the person possessing or applying for the registry identification card, or otherwise subject the person or property of the person to inspection by any local, county or state governmental agency.

sure, where in the law does it say police can do inspections?

because it actually says police cannot do inspections in section 6g

If the police conducted an illegal search, that ups the odds of the case being thrown out..... assuming he has a good lawyer.

If the Mayor was in violation, of any part of the law, then that becomes a problem.  The Card does not protect us from our own stupidity.

We need the video of the stop, the audio, the police report, Mayor's detailed version of events.  We don't have that.  That makes it hard to judge if the cops mucked up, the Mayor mucked up, both sides mucked up, or perhaps nobody mucked up.  

Is the Mayor out on bail ??  Or, is he in jail ??  When is the next court date ??

If the Mayor is 100% innocent of ALL charges, then he should go for a jury trial.  Win that, and you have a decent shot at a Civil suit.

However, if he is not 100% innocent, of all charges, it may be best to plea it down, to a simple misdemeanor, pay the fines, and learn a lesson.  Then, follow the law 100%, and then wait for LEO to screw themselves, by making illegal moves, and then get a good lawyer, and take them for a ride !! 

If the police conducted an illegal search, that ups the odds of the case being thrown out..... assuming he has a good lawyer.

If the Mayor was in violation, of any part of the law, then that becomes a problem.  The Card does not protect us from our own stupidity.

We need the video of the stop, the audio, the police report, Mayor's detailed version of events.  We don't have that.  That makes it hard to judge if the cops mucked up, the Mayor mucked up, both sides mucked up, or perhaps nobody mucked up.  

Is the Mayor out on bail ??  Or, is he in jail ??  When is the next court date ??

If the Mayor is 100% innocent of ALL charges, then he should go for a jury trial.  Win that, and you have a decent shot at a Civil suit.

However, if he is not 100% innocent, of all charges, it may be best to plea it down, to a simple misdemeanor, pay the fines, and learn a lesson.  Then, follow the law 100%, and then wait for LEO to screw themselves, by making illegal moves, and then get a good lawyer, and take them for a ride !! 

I am sorry to be the one to tell you

You can not have a jury trial and use your card it's up to the judge 

And will add your chances of a Law suit are almost Zero 

Maybe a sec 8 

Edited by bobandtorey

Their has been a good deal of discussion on this thread and it has caused me to think and I believe that the obvious must be addressed. 

I would like to suggest that each and every one of us take a few minutes to inspect our vehicles (old or new) to ensure that all of our lights and flashers are in working order.  In-operative lights, things hanging from our mirrors and cracked wind shields is cause enough for leo to engage us.  We should perform these inspections on a regular basis, it's just common sense.

This simple act should serve to reduce leo/pt/cg contact and ultimately fewer problems for us the sick and dying.

Do you think mayorherb would have been pulled over if his head lights were working properly?  I vote no!

Forgive me if this has been discussed in a previous thread, but I think the reminder is worth our time and may save one of us from the horrors of the legal system.

Their has been a good deal of discussion on this thread and it has caused me to think and I believe that the obvious must be addressed. 

I would like to suggest that each and every one of us take a few minutes to inspect our vehicles (old or new) to ensure that all of our lights and flashers are in working order.  In-operative lights, things hanging from our mirrors and cracked wind shields is cause enough for leo to engage us.  We should perform these inspections on a regular basis, it's just common sense.

This simple act should serve to reduce leo/pt/cg contact and ultimately fewer problems for us the sick and dying.

Do you think mayorherb would have been pulled over if his head lights were working properly?  I vote no!

Forgive me if this has been discussed in a previous thread, but I think the reminder is worth our time and may save one of us from the horrors of the legal system.

Thank you John very good advice

i agree 

It is not too much to ask for a clear explanation of the facts. Without them we are required to either speculate about the circumstance or drop it. In this case I think we've just about beaten things to death with the speculation..

I disagree it is not Speculation 

lets see the Mayor got pulled over went to Jail we know that part, with someone else driving OK got that he had some cutting (12) in a bag located in the car but away from reach he had some kind of oil sorry can't spell (Tinctures) had paper work for all and a card 

And now he needs help 

Today i wish i hadn't posted this because it was not my business to do so  i am sorry  i was only trying to help him because i know how he feels i can't help  or change who i am.

you beat me to it!  I was going to say something in the same order of you!

had all of his lights been working and he was going the speed limit he would not have been pulled over, why would any one transport even their own personal in a vehicle with a broken head light?

Im telling you if my head lite went out while I was driving, I would park my vehicle in a safe legal spot and call some one for a ride and go back and get my car the next day, my meds would have left with me(yea ilegal)

I do a regular check on my auto's lights, my trailers lites, there is absolutly no reason to get pulled over for something like that, so even if he was well within his numbers and they didnt have this stupid plant transportation law, he broke a simple lil law, they would have pulled him over, gave him a ticket that could be fixed within 10 days by replacing the burnt out light bulb!  but when you get pulled over by leo and you have meds in your car, you know they can smell it, so it gives them probable cause, no search warrant needed!

I have nothing against mayor herb never have never will, had the same thing happened to me, you would have heard about it from me after my court case was done and fines paid, this is a misdemeanor unless he has had a simple possesion before the law, 2nd simple possesion becomes a fellony!

It would be nice to have herb come in and write and tell us him self all that happened if he is wanting donations!

Peace

you beat me to it!  I was going to say something in the same order of you!

had all of his lights been working and he was going the speed limit he would not have been pulled over, why would any one transport even their own personal in a vehicle with a broken head light?

Im telling you if my head lite went out while I was driving, I would park my vehicle in a safe legal spot and call some one for a ride and go back and get my car the next day, my meds would have left with me(yea ilegal)

I do a regular check on my auto's lights, my trailers lites, there is absolutly no reason to get pulled over for something like that, so even if he was well within his numbers and they didnt have this stupid plant transportation law, he broke a simple lil law, they would have pulled him over, gave him a ticket that could be fixed within 10 days by replacing the burnt out light bulb!  but when you get pulled over by leo and you have meds in your car, you know they can smell it, so it gives them probable cause, no search warrant needed!

I have nothing against mayor herb never have never will, had the same thing happened to me, you would have heard about it from me after my court case was done and fines paid, this is a misdemeanor unless he has had a simple possesion before the law, 2nd simple possesion becomes a fellony!

It would be nice to have herb come in and write and tell us him self all that happened if he is wanting donations!

Peace

Thanks Jim most of all of the Mayor Herb  details are on FaceBook