Starting The Legalization Process Here In Michigan. . .. .

Is anyone tired of all this continual reefer madness..?  I for one am tired of feeling sick for the sick.  And sick of reading about overzealous judges, cops, prosecuting Attorneys, etc...etc.

I do not have the faintest clue about how to start a campaign nor do I want to be the face of legalization.  Because as a CG some rambo Cowboy cops will target me and try and steal everything I have worked so hard to obtain.  But I do want to start donating a few hundred dollars a month so we can get OUTRIGHT LEGALIZATION HERE IN MI.   We can do it.  Our state has more money than CO and WA so how did they get it done..?

I know I can be a prick on this site and chew people's rear's up.  But come on man this has got to stop.  If there is just 1 thing that I know we all can agree on is that nobody should go to jail for growing, smoking, possessing, driving with it in your car or even selling Marijuana.  Arresting people is NO Answer.  taxation & regulation with resonable allowances for home growing as well as distribution is the solution. If the state and local cities get their money they will be happy.  Taxes are not such a bad thing either because it will suck to pay it but it is just part of operating a legit business.  And that is the problem here all these basement jackers are not paying taxes so the cops and cities got beef withit because they see that as criminal and want their share.

I spent a few hours reading both the CO and WA lawa and while they both are not perfect.  It is a whole lot better than how hard our law here in Mi has beentorn to shreds.

Can we start some good synergy and get some action done.  I mean come on we all can tear each other up on this site all day so why can't we unite for just 1 thing...???  Legalization is the only solution.  Nobody has to go to jail for a few ounces of marijuana.  It is pure insanity.

Does anybody feel the same way as I do..??  

What can we do... .....moving forward.,.?

Edited by motorcitymeds

someone with some balls has to setup a kickstarter campaign to collect money for marijuana legalization like tomatoes in michigan.

its easy, register at kickstarter.com , tie in a bank account (preferably a new one at your existing bank) and start taking donations. it might be better to get a tax exempt political action committee formed before that so you can avoid paying taxes on donations.

Edited by t-pain

someone with some balls has to setup a kickstarter campaign to collect money for marijuana legalization like tomatoes in michigan.

T-Pain..didn't you read my signature..?  LOL...I forgot to add that I am a PUNK As- SCURRED LIL Biyatch to that list.  But I like growing herbs. !!  And i will gladly send in 250.00-500.00 in towards a Governing campaign that's legit here in MICHIGAN.  I am on record to that amount so who ever sets up the Kickstarter or similar account tonight, tomorrow or over the week ...hell next week and we talk and your Honest, sincere, basically legit about this..then i will gladly be the first to donate to it.

This has got to get done.  None of us need to live like this any further.  Although I am in decent health and in sound spirits living this life has definitely affected me and i have to fight to ignore how what I do gets into my own head.  I became a CG to get legal and not to constantly be living in fear.  The fear has not gone away and in fact has gotten worse.

Edited by motorcitymeds

Be careful. Did you hear Rep Irwin on last night's Planet Green Trees speak of the "black market" after legalization? Doesn't sound that legal to me.

People need to determine what legalization means before they support it. The devil is in the details.

No i did not log into the show because i was too busy hiding under my bed. Life in fear.. LOL

ANd anythign is better than how our law has got tore up.  Does anybody like putting the meds in their trunk so they whole neighbor hood can see you packing up...then your patients entire neighborhood seeing you unload..?

yeahenough said.  They are going to keep tearing away....shreding, ripping.  Because they simply cannot let it be.  It inferiorates LEO, Judges, and most republicans that we even have this crazy thing called "medical marijuana". 

i know, i'm scared as well.

maybe some lawyer who wants some publicity will do it?

like the lawyer firm in florida?

I had my few rounds with cops 16 yrs ago.  No Thanks.  I'm good. I lost that fight.  But i will sacrifice buying some clothes or some gadgets i don't need if that means i can sleep easy at night...!!  There is NO cost that can be attached to that amigo.

Edited by motorcitymeds

i'll match your $250 when a lawyer starts the fundraising.

the law will also be retroactive and get those people out of jail and court!!!!!

any changes the voter inititive makes (like removing marijuana from the schedule list) will only be able to be changed by another vote by the people.

it will be a law that CANNOT be changed by those making whoopee politicians!

it will be clear that no one may be arrested, prosecuted, pulled over, harassed, questioned, inspected, audited, fired, or penalized in any way for having plants or mj.

more as i think on it..

Edited by t-pain

the law will also be retroactive and get those people out of jail and court!!!!!

any changes the voter inititive makes (like removing marijuana from the schedule list) will only be able to be changed by another vote by the people.

it will be clear that no one may be arrested, prosecuted, pulled over, harassed, questioned, inspected, audited, fired, or penalized in any way for having plants or mj.

more as i think on it..

i concur SIIR..!!

more as i think on it..

we can still get pulled over for drugged driving, even if it is legal you can get dui  like wise with any of the pain pills your dr prescribes you that says dont operate heavy equipment untill you are used the effects of this medication, I dont recall alot of people gettting pulled over and charged for drugged driving before the mm law! does any one else?

p.s and there will still be rules when it gets legal, and people will still break them so leo will still have plenty to do. they are not going to just say we can have as much mj as we want or we can grow as much as we want, people will still be pushing it to the limits and beyond like what is being done now, (im not mentioning any one in particular) but the despense and f.m's are stretching the law about as far as they can, when and if they are allowed, there will be others doing it in the black market stilll, where ever there is money to be made the bad apples are going to push it as far as that jail cell!

I dont know why big bro doesnt want taxes from mj, it realy could be a boom in farming cannabiss and many other things made with hemp, and all the jobs that come with it, it seems like a win win situation, how come we/mm/mj users only see this as a win win if it is made all out legal?

Peace

Legal like tomatoes is the only way to go.

That would take all the crap out of all of the arguments. The fact remains that to do that would make it far less profitable, and by extension, taxable. Does anyone believe the dispensary folks and politicos want that? Who else is calling and writing and meeting with the key players to prevent that and insist on flat out decriminalization?

Edited by GregS

Be careful. Did you hear Rep Irwin on last night's Planet Green Trees speak of the "black market" after legalization? Doesn't sound that legal to me.

People need to determine what legalization means before they support it. The devil is in the details.

Yep. There will always be a black market for cannabis just like there still are underground markets for alcohol and tobacco, which are, of course, legally regulated, that's why we still have the ATF agency, for better or worse.

And any 'pro-legalization' group that might help with legalization here in Michigan should surely be informed by us as to the 'reasonable' possession and personal grow aspects we would like to see included in any new law. 

And yes, we must move carefully, and if nothing else that means we should keep an eye on the other states that have legalized and find out which groups helped them, and we should copy the portions of those laws that we want here in Michigan.

I personally believe that after the legalization groups like MPP, ASA, NORML, etc., help the states that appear ready to legalize now, we will get some help from those groups as well.

But I for one believe that full legalization (with reasonable possession amounts (at least an oz) and the right to home grow (six plants or more)) is the only way to help insure that no more people go to jail over a plant that should never have been criminalized in the first place.

And I, like Motorcity, will put my time and whatever money I can put together to support a legitimate and well thought out legalization effort, regardless of what group or organization that might be.

MTCW.

having an ounce legal and six plants just doesnt make sense.

unless you plan to grow 1/6th oz per plant.

its more of the same stupid moo poo that gets people arrested.

either think it through for one second or please stand aside.

ok then you say CO law says 'anything you harvest is ok too'

well then, whats the point of the oz limit in the first place?

what if you have 6 strains but you need to try 600 different strains to find the one that works for you ?

but you can only trade 1 oz at a time? what?

people arent limited by the booze or ciggs they can buy.

where does this one oz limit come from, and what is the goal of it?

what does it prevent? criminals sending pot out of state dont care about limits anyways.

Edited by t-pain

having an ounce legal and six plants just doesnt make sense.

unless you plan to grow 1/6th oz per plant.

its more of the same stupid moo poo that gets people arrested.

either think it through for one second or please stand aside.

ok then you say CO law says 'anything you harvest is ok too'

well then, whats the point of the oz limit in the first place?

what if you have 6 strains but you need to try 600 different strains to find the one that works for you ?

but you can only trade 1 oz at a time? what?

people arent limited by the booze or ciggs they can buy.

where does this one oz limit come from, and what is the goal of it?

what does it prevent? criminals sending pot out of state dont care about limits anyways.

T, my friend you're mixing 'medical marijuana law' into possible ' full legalization law'.

Please clarify your own thinking, and then come back with some ideas on 'recreational cannabis laws' that might help us make a start with  RECREATIONAL CANNABIS LEGALIZATION.

The idea of limiting the possession amount and the plant grow amount for 'recreational use' is to make the legalization law something that MOST voters, NOT just users, can relate to and want to get behind, OTHERWISE we will NEVER get a legalization law passed.

And if you think I'm backing up or getting out of the way, you'd should probably re-think it. 

P.S. Ever heard of 'staggering' your plant start dates to manage maturing times?

you might want to get with minorml that is what they are all about, they dont usualy do alot when it is for mm, they totaly want it legal!

becareful what you wish for, you may wind up with no legal grow for pt's and c.g's.

Peace

Colorado has place for legal home grows.  Do I think there could be room for more absolutely.

That would take all the crap out of all of the arguments. The fact remains that to do that would make it far less profitable, and by extension, taxable. Does anyone believe the dispensary folks and politicos want that? Who else is calling and writing and meeting with the key players to prevent that and insist on flat out decriminalization?

I beg to differ amigo..taxes prop the prices up and provide stability.  Besides we have gone over this like a dead skunk on the road...quality will always have a place in the marketplace.  Walmart versus Whole Foods.  Onto the next priority like legalization.

The dispensaries want a system like they have in Washington state.

oh man Im to tired to look up washington's law, lol

can you copy and paiste it in here?

while your doing that cell,  how about motor city copy and paiste colorado's law and what the diff is between mm and rec as far as the medicine rules vs recreational rules

hey im all for all out legal, but not if I have to go to the store to get my mm, I dont need things to change as far as pt/cg grows and usable amount we have now,  if leo would stick to it!

Peace

Edited by phaquetoo

oh man Im to tired to look up washington's law, lol

can you copy and paiste it in here?

while your doing that cell,  how about motor city copy and paiste colorado's law and what the diff is between mm and rec as far as the medicine rules vs recreational rules

hey im all for all out legal, but not if I have to go to the store to get my mm, I dont need things to change as far as pt/cg grows and usable amount we have now,  if leo would stick to it!

Peace

The Michigan Medical Marijuana laws in place right now regarding possession and grow limits, and for a patient to have a caregiver grow for them or to grow for themselves, should NOT be messed...totally agree.

And there's no reason why a 'recreational use law' should change that.

I know I wouldn't support any such changes!