Starting The Legalization Process Here In Michigan. . .. .

i think when laypeople think of legalization , they mean full out legalization.

not 6 plants or 10 plants.

new poll says 66% support decrim or legalization.

last poll said only 25% wanted to continue the drug war.

seems about right and correlates with the 63% that voted for the MMMA.

people see  "Marijuana - yes or no"  when they go vote.

60% of people say yes. 30% say no.

so lets go marijuana like tomatoes while we have the chance.

ignore all this other limits, inspections, testing, taxes and whatever other stupid bunny muffin MPP and the dispensaries come up with..

just honest to goodness legalized like tomatoes.

you say 10 plants.

you break a branch off one of your plants.

the cops come for a visit.

police count that branch as a new plant. always.

it happens under the MMMA to patients.

police still arresting people even tho its legalized?

does that make any sense? no limits , no police still playing drug war.

Edited by t-pain

Just like the swift exodus out of alcohol prohibition, marijuana will one day too be legalized throughout the USA! For all types of reasons, our legal and political systems have to go through the usual policy reteric as well as debate the pros & cons of the current drug laws, but in the end the forces of nature will prevail and we will have legal cannabis for all!

You can already brew your own beer,and make your own wine.I DO Believe the time will come for full Legalization,I just hope I'm still around to see it.Aint gettin any younger!!!

I agree.

it seems so simple.

free to grow as much as you want for your own use.

cant sell any without a tax stamp of some sort like cigarette's or alcohol.

give provisioning center a whole new meaning.

a place where a cannabis grower will go to have their cannabis "prepared for sale" :)

it would be visually inspected, tested for the standard run of accepted levels of any contaminants or those things decided upon and approved by the community, then sealed weighed and stamped with a simple traceable serial number code system so that it could then be verified and thereby resold to any legal adult.. in any venue a particular community sees fit.

it kind of becomes a win win scenario that way.

we get to grow our own.

we get to resell

they get money

they keep enforcement...(to go after those who try to sell without a stamp)

just like any other commodity.

you can grow your own vegetables.

you can brew your own alcohol

you can only resell with state and federal authority.

even vegetables have rules for resale...you can only resell cottage foods within the scope of the cottage food industry rules.... so cannabis could in theory become like any other homemade commodity.

it kind of becomes a win win scenario that way.

we get to grow our own.

we get to resell

they get money

they keep enforcement...(to go after those who try to sell without a stamp)

just like any other commodity.

you can grow your own vegetables.

you can brew your own alcohol

you can only resell with state and federal authority.

even vegetables have rules for resale...you can only resell cottage foods within the scope of the cottage food industry rules.... so cannabis could in theory become like any other homemade commodity.

sadly these old mindsets might have to die off for progress to ensure.

What I mean by this is that these old politicians and LEO sheriffs have to go thru being ousted and dying off literally before much change might occur.

I just do not see how CO got it done and a state with Triple the GDP and funding cannot get it done.....those dang hippies in the CO mountains must be super organized..!!  LOL

Edited by motorcitymeds

give provisioning center a whole new meaning.

a place where a cannabis grower will go to have their cannabis "prepared for sale" :)

it would be visually inspected, tested for the standard run of accepted levels of any contaminants or those things decided upon and approved by the community, then sealed weighed and stamped with a simple traceable serial number code system so that it could then be verified and thereby resold to any legal adult.. in any venue a particular community sees fit.

MJ is an herb not a veg.  It needs to be treated like MINT , NOT a tomato.  Just because it eats like a tomato does not make it one.  You drink water , doesnt make you  a fish. We dont want it falling under any other gov bureaucracy now do we?  FDA, USDA..etc

Forget the testing...period.

I went to the store yesterday and bought some packaged organic tomatoes.  When i got home and opened the package....mold.

Same with potatoes,  So testing does nothing but line the pocket of the lab.....screw that

How bout the testing on pharmaceuticals...that usually doesnt play out well either.   How bout the building trades,  nope bad drywall from china.  How bout lead in kids toys...Fire retardant in dog food......the list goes on and on.

Testing is a Joke.......I'll test my own thank you

The rest of the concept is workable as long as anyone can grow 80 acres of Hemp...yeah thats right 80 acres.  This is the New  Industry that can jump-start our economy....Lets embrace it and be leaders in the Nation

Also had a conversation with an irs auditor/patient  last week.....they are are very interested in the claims being made about the number of test beig done and the cost (inconsistent)  Hope the labs can account for the hundreds of tests they claim to be doing...i think the feds  are going to want their cut.

You want progress...Progress is more freedoms to grow and LESS TESTING and GOV regulation

Edited by beourbud

So nobody wants to set up a funding account for this in MI..?.

oh sure maybe we can at least get as much as the carruthers case!  2k ?  I know I gave till it hurt, I have to pay double on a few bills this month because of that, and I dont mind saying, I did NOT do it for carruthers, I did it for the s.c over ruling the coa ruling, it has nothing to do with carruthers, if he didnt get behind the wheel it would have never happened, his liscense is revoked,denied suspeneded, that alone gets ya pulled over in your home county or where ever you got popped, porky pig dont forget who he got for driving infractions, like maybe drunk driving!  I am NOT carruthers, I was an oil maker, now because of carruthers im not an oil maker!

I have no more to give, maybe if I gave 5 bucks a crack id have more, but I try to give enough to make it worth it for the cause, im pretty sure I donated 20 times more than you, you do the math,,,,,,,,,,,,I wouldnt get behind anything you tried to get going, I could care less if weed is legal out right, im quite happy how it was!

when you break the law driving w/o a liscense it is automatic search and seizure, they alway can tow your car and take you to jail, they can be nice and leave your car in a parking lot for a friend or family member to come get, but not if they find things that cause them to want to search further,,do you under stand that?  I bet you dont!

MJ is an herb not a veg.  It needs to be treated like MINT , NOT a tomato.  Just because it eats like a tomato does not make it one.  You drink water , doesnt make you  a fish. We dont want it falling under any other gov bureaucracy now do we?  FDA, USDA..etc

Forget the testing...period.

I went to the store yesterday and bought some packaged organic tomatoes.  When i got home and opened the package....mold.

Same with potatoes,  So testing does nothing but line the pocket of the lab.....screw that

How bout the testing on pharmaceuticals...that usually doesnt play out well either.   How bout the building trades,  nope bad drywall from china.  How bout lead in kids toys...Fire retardant in dog food......the list goes on and on.

Testing is a Joke.......I'll test my own thank you

The rest of the concept is workable as long as anyone can grow 80 acres of Hemp...yeah thats right 80 acres.  This is the New  Industry that can jump-start our economy....Lets embrace it and be leaders in the Nation

Also had a conversation with an irs auditor/patient  last week.....they are are very interested in the claims being made about the number of test beig done and the cost (inconsistent)  Hope the labs can account for the hundreds of tests they claim to be doing...i think the feds  are going to want their cut.

You want progress...Progress is more freedoms to grow and LESS TESTING and GOV regulation

I agree... the IRS will have questions for many many people in our industry soon enough..

and why limit it to 80 acres?  I would say you can have as many acres as you can afford to maintain.. that would be the limit.

also I do not agree testing in some form is not going to be needed.

if you got moldy fruit you would take it back to the store and it would be exchanged or refunded with a proper receipt.  a person has a expectation of quality assurance when making a purchase in a retail outlet.

what that means is in our country it is up to each and every company to remain compliant with its industry.  how do you think we found out china had lead based paint in their toys recently? or about the contaminated drywall?  it wasn't due to a lack of testing that's for sure... it was all discovered due to oversight and testing.

people will always try to skirt the proper and legal way to do things.  Without some kind of standards and testing to ensure quality controls, the industry will bury itself.

I am not talking about mandatory testing.

I am not talking about specific testing even for specific contaminants..

I am talking about a quality assurance program to protect the end user.

not sure what to call that or how it should be defined unlike now with our current medical program, it would be necessary in our future resale industry to ensure we have proper quality cannabis released in each applicable market.

eventually like tobacco or alcohol there will be mega regulations and books of rules to follow to ensure compliance with the industry but right now it is wide open and we as Americans find ourselves in a once in a lifetime opportunity to help set the trend... rather than be forced to follow it for a nice change of pace.

Just like the swift exodus out of alcohol prohibition, marijuana will one day too be legalized throughout the USA! For all types of reasons, our legal and political systems have to go through the usual policy reteric as well as debate the pros & cons of the current drug laws, but in the end the forces of nature will prevail and we will have legal cannabis for all!

Alcohol isn't completely legal.  There's a limit to how much beer and wine you can produce and you can't distill alcohol at all/

I was thinking today, why hasn't anyone sought to change the law to limit traffic tickets to $100 or less (and make it a crime or civil penalty for any jurisdiction to attempt to seek more than $100 with court costs and fees combined.) 

It's not as if people wouldn't sign.

oh sure maybe we can at least get as much as the carruthers case!  2k ?  I know I gave till it hurt, I have to pay double on a few bills this month because of that, and I dont mind saying, I did NOT do it for carruthers, I did it for the s.c over ruling the coa ruling, it has nothing to do with carruthers, if he didnt get behind the wheel it would have never happened, his liscense is revoked,denied suspeneded, that alone gets ya pulled over in your home county or where ever you got popped, porky pig dont forget who he got for driving infractions, like maybe drunk driving!  I am NOT carruthers, I was an oil maker, now because of carruthers im not an oil maker!

I have no more to give, maybe if I gave 5 bucks a crack id have more, but I try to give enough to make it worth it for the cause, im pretty sure I donated 20 times more than you, you do the math,,,,,,,,,,,,I wouldnt get behind anything you tried to get going, I could care less if weed is legal out right, im quite happy how it was!

when you break the law driving w/o a liscense it is automatic search and seizure, they alway can tow your car and take you to jail, they can be nice and leave your car in a parking lot for a friend or family member to come get, but not if they find things that cause them to want to search further,,do you under stand that?  I bet you dont!

Bro.. XXXX stay asleep. XXXX mouth.

Edited by mibrains

Not much of a contribution to the topic but says a lot about You.

Jim nailed it.......guys like you and caruthers ruining it for everyone

beourbud,

Kindly refrane from insinuating that you know me, my business or anything about me before you open your keyboard mouth hands.  You have No idea about who or what I do and what I have done.  So let's just all be good little boys and not banter like Phaqutoo wants us to do so we can come down to his level of instigation and brighten up his days with kiddie banter on this site.

Everybody on here is a MASTER GROWER, PRO MJ ACTIVIST, AND OR  POOR AND SICK AND OR DYING PATIENT.  

SO TO AVOID FURTHER BANTER I WILL JUST STOP NOW AND LET YOUR CHILDISH INSTIGATION SLIDE OFF MY BACK JUST LIKE THE WIND BLOWING OFF MY SHOULDER AS I WALK DOWN THE STREET.

beourbud,

Kindly refrane from insinuating that you know me, my business or anything about me before you open your keyboard mouth hands.  You have No idea about who or what I do and what I have done.  So let's just all be good little boys and not banter like Phaqutoo wants us to do so we can come down to his level of instigation and brighten up his days with kiddie banter on this site.

Everybody on here is a MASTER GROWER, PRO MJ ACTIVIST, AND OR  POOR AND SICK AND OR DYING PATIENT.  

SO TO AVOID FURTHER BANTER I WILL JUST STOP NOW AND LET YOUR CHILDISH INSTIGATION SLIDE OFF MY BACK JUST LIKE THE WIND BLOWING OFF MY SHOULDER AS I WALK DOWN THE STREET.

Oh what tangled webs we weave when we practice to decieve!  lmao!  sure wish I could figure out what you said to me,  mighty super duper grower!  :butt2:

bawahahahahaha!

beourbud,

With all due respect you're one of maybe 3...or 2, if not 1 member on this site who is a self-proclaimed master-grower.

Oh what tangled webs we weave when we practice to decieve!  lmao!  sure wish I could figure out what you said to me,  mighty super duper grower!  :butt2:

bawahahahahaha!

LOL....Phaqutoo,

You are absolutely right finally for once I am one hell of a CareGiver.  That's what happens when you put all your energy into producing amazing quality.

Maybe you should look up my recent grow log on gage green forums and see whats up.

https://gagegreen.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1919