Patients With Recurrent Glioblastoma Multiforme

this particular topic is close to my heart.  we lost my dad to a stage 4 Glio in Feb of 2000.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16804518?dopt=Abstract

Abstract  

Delta(9)-Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and other cannabinoids inhibit tumour growth and angiogenesis in animal models, so their potential application as antitumoral drugs has been suggested. However, the antitumoral effect of cannabinoids has never been tested in humans. Here we report the first clinical study aimed at assessing cannabinoid antitumoral action, specifically a pilot phase I trial in which nine patients with recurrent glioblastoma multiforme were administered THC intratumoraly. The patients had previously failed standard therapy (surgery and radiotherapy) and had clear evidence of tumour progression. The primary end point of the study was to determine the safety of intracranial THC administration. We also evaluated THC action on the length of survival and various tumour-cell parameters. A dose escalation regimen for THC administration was assessed. Cannabinoid delivery was safe and could be achieved without overt psychoactive effects. Median survival of the cohort from the beginning of cannabinoid administration was 24 weeks (95% confidence interval: 15-33). Delta(9)-Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibited tumour-cell proliferation in vitro and decreased tumour-cell Ki67 immunostaining when administered to two patients. The fair safety profile of THC, together with its possible antiproliferative action on tumour cells reported here and in other studies, may set the basis for future trials aimed at evaluating the potential antitumoral activity of cannabinoids.

Free PMC Article

thank you..

I appreciate the sentiment.

it sometimes irks me to no end when I get back into the research...

to think they did a study in the university of Arizona back in the late 70's to show how evil cannabis was and they intended to show how it caused Glio tumors to grow exponentially...

oops..

it shrank the Glioblastoma in those test lab animals..

I cant find the link now to that research since my desktop crashed back on memorial day... however I do know that it is borderline criminal for "scientists" to bury or hide the results of such research...

when the results are contrary to the expected outcome the tendency is to trash the data.. however I submit that research "done" should be research "reported" when it comes to medical advancements with cannabis even if the results are contrary to the expected outcome... its an impossible dream..  everyone wants to keep their strain, data, tests, seeds, style and systems a big secret so they can maximize the profit potential.

I am truly for the concept of "free the weed"  which is to say I would love to see open research being done in every facility in the world.... :)

were it not for my fear of LEO I would happily post all my data for everyone to learn from.. including pictures and journals... makes me sick that I had to remove all my pictures more than a year ago out of fear of some criminal (LEO or rippers) using the hidden data embedded in the photos to come and rob me. 

I would give it away if they were but to ask... 

and I were able...

for the time being it is a War in the truest of definitions of that concept... it makes me sad that it is a civil war (or should I say an "un-civil" war). 

how many people have to suffer?

how many have to die? 

The fear associated with this field can be detrimental to a person's well being. I know that first hand. Always best to limit it in anyway possible, imo.

I think we'll see the rescheduling of this plant. I also think possessing a greater understanding of how and why cannabis works, and sharing that information, will  

serve to help in this endeavor.