Illegal Transport

wisco420

I have my cards concealed behind a Kroger's card in my wallet behind a leather flap and in no way will I admit having a card until deemed necessary.

I know if they ask and I say no I can be arrested for lying to a officer but I also feel they have no right to begin the traffic stop by asking if I have a card that's fishing for something

I always keep my card in a separate part of my wallet. It is only shown on a need to know basis.

You don't have to lie to the officer, just answer the question with a question.

Officer Porcine: "Do you have a medical marijuana card?"

Reply: "Why would I have a card?" or "What makes you ask a question like that?" or "Am I under arrest or am I free to go?".

You are replying in a courteous manner but not providing any information.

This can go on until they finally get tired and go away, or beat you up, depending on their frame of mind at the time.

Stay polite and friendly, it pisses them off to no end.

(BTW my cannabis never leaves my home so I have more leeway in traffic stops than many here.)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it so hard to walk to the back of your vehicle and put it in the trunk?  MCL 750.474 is very clear.   If you have to hire an attorney and complain because you were lazy, then there is something wrong with your thought process.

I do agree but the best that Leo could do is give them a ticket not a court date the people  of this State wanted the sick to be helped not jailed 

just saying

wisco420 committed a jailable offense.  LEOs do not have discretion for arrests, per state law.  Interim bonds are pre-established.  He had the right to post bond when he was arrested.  It can be posted at any police station.  Citations are issued for ordinance violations.  The statement, 'this State wanted the sick to be helped not jailed (sic)" is a red herring.

That's not what I said.  I said many people aren't aware of the law changes.  Everybody that was registered in the system DID NOT receive notification.  I'm well aware that ignorance of the law is no excuse, but many people didn't even know the law had changed at all.  Not everyone pays attention to everything happening in Lansing.

What's does government being a nanny have to do with this?

Why is it so hard to walk to the back of your vehicle and put it in the trunk?  MCL 750.474 is very clear.   If you have to hire an attorney and complain because you were lazy, then there is something wrong with your thought process.

I don't understand people coming on this site and saying basically 'you got what you deserved' , geesh. :hair:

I'm just at a loss here.. I'm not pleading guilty to something I'm not f#*@!+g guilty of! Corrupt system

Seems very odd to me to even carry it into the bar... if its not useable there is ltierally no reason to have it in your pocket why not have had it in the back of the vehicle or the glove box.... SMH

I don't understand people coming on this site and saying basically 'you got what you deserved' , geesh. :hair:

Are you opposed to someone stating the truth?   Why would you expect someone to come on and say, "I know you broke the law; but that is good and I support you?"  There are routine changes to the state law.  Michigan posts these changes to their website.   They don't send out personal notification to the general public.  MMA laws are no exception.

There is still a great deal of confusion here between what is "right and wrong" and what is "legal".

I don't feel that anyone is morally wrong for anything that they might do with cannabis unless they force it down someone else throat, but then that would be assault.

If however they break the law then they are legally wrong and need to deal with it on that level.

When I have been in that situation my course of action is to pay the money to the gangsters that run the legal system and they eventually go away and bother someone else. That's life in the fast lane. Get used to it or move over.

As many of us can attest to "legal" and "right" are mutually exclusive terms.

I can say this in this county has spent over a million dollars on just our case i have no proof of this but i do know for someone to be inn Court for almost 5 years even going to the C.O.A has to be $10,000 and or going  to the Supreme Court was $50,000 to  $80,000 

i do know of a Lawyer to just take a case it's 10,000 to start it but he is a superLawyer just like the one's we had

Yea what is wrong with you people? Why cant you just conform? Pfft....... The transport law should not even apply to MMJ patients and caregivers. But I guess I understand since someone could hurt someone else with that dangerous bag marijuana. I mean thats like driving around with an unstable grenade.............

Yes that was sarcasm.......

Yea what is wrong with you people? Why cant you just conform? Pfft....... The transport law should not even apply to MMJ patients and caregivers. But I guess I understand since someone could hurt someone else with that dangerous bag marijuana. I mean thats like driving around with an unstable grenade.............

Yes that was sarcasm.......

It is tough going through life being bitter.  I personally am glad the program exists and compliance with a few restrictions is not real complicated.  I guess the alternative is to quit the program if I was angry.   I appreciate your sarcasm, even if it hasn't added anything to this thread.

Edited by hpxguy

The law to have it locked in the trunk is ridiculous.  They are treating it like the mere presence of MJ is a public safety hazzard.  You can't carry a loaded gun on your front seat beecause of the possibility of you using it.  But a bag of weed?  What are you going to do, blaze one?  Then you are violating laws of intoxicated operation of a vehicle.  There is no need to lock it up, it is law makers making laws so they can say they are "doing something about the problem" even though they make the problem up.

If the argument is they want it inaccessible, whats going to stop someone from eating the roach they were smoking while driving before the officer gets to the window?

MMJ and driving was not an issue, they made it up and now have "fixed" it by fining the crap out of people who don't deserve it.

CedarSpringsCG,  yes, some do "blaze one" while driving.  It seems their action impacted the integrity of the program.  There is always someone to bring discredit on the medical aspect of the program. I suspect the law was established because of this action by a some.  It must have been a big enough of a problem for the legislatures to take action. 

It was a big enough problem in their heads.  It wasn't real.  I don't blaze and drive, or burn one for the road, I treat it like a drug, which it is and stay away from driving.  however it is no different than someone pounding a beer then jumping in a car, it happens, and this law has no effect on that and makes nothing safer.

It was just a way for Michigan to collect more in fines.

Yea like the Greens situation too huh......... Guess they should just conform and let them take their child........ Same as those following what the law says but since leo doesnt agree with it then maybe they should just shut up and do their time huh?  Fukk that.......... Dont worry they will get around to messing with your form of medical use soon then you can be the bitter one eh? They are picking this law apart and you either cant see it or dont care.

Edited to add that well this year you had a FEW MORE RESTICTIONS to follow than we originally had. I wonder how many more we will have by next year? But all harmless right? pfft......

Edited by ozzrokk

CedarSpringsCG,  yes, some do "blaze one" while driving.  It seems their action impacted the integrity of the program.  There is always someone to bring discredit on the medical aspect of the program. I suspect the law was established because of this action by a some.  It must have been a big enough of a problem for the legislatures to take action. 

Of course they would not have done anything if it wasnt a problem. Right?  Of course the system would just accept it if they didnt  ALREADY HATE THIS LAW.......... By the way they said they were passing those bills to HELP patients. I dont know one patient that was helped by any of them. Do You?

Of course they would not have done anything if it wasnt a problem. Right?  Of course the system would just accept it if they didnt  ALREADY HATE THIS LAW.......... By the way they said they were passing those bills to HELP patients. I dont know one patient that was helped by any of them. Do You?

Who are "they" that stated this was about helping patients?  Names would be good.   I sure would like to see the source document on this claim.  Other than some minor adjustment to original law back in 2008,  I don't see anything abnormal in the sequence to get it right.  The Green situation is Probate/Family Court.  They do things different than Criminal Court.