Illegal Transport

wisco420

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are "they" that stated this was about helping patients?  Names would be good.   I sure would like to see the source document on this claim.  Other than some minor adjustment to original law back in 2008,  I don't see anything abnormal in the sequence to get it right.  The Green situation is Probate/Family Court.  They do things different than Criminal Court.  

Ugggg the legislators that passed those bills. Those are the ones that said they were doing it for patients. They are the ones that said it. That is who they are. I will not look it up for you. They said it and if you dont believe it then maybe you should pay more attention.

What about oil and the sickest of the sick and the dying? They should just conform to a few new restrictions as well? You dont see that as an abnormal thing to get it right?

Edited by ozzrokk

Why is it so hard to walk to the back of your vehicle and put it in the trunk?  MCL 750.474 is very clear.   If you have to hire an attorney and complain because you were lazy, then there is something wrong with your thought process.

I don't understand people coming on this site and saying basically 'you got what you deserved' , geesh. :hair:

Are you opposed to someone stating the truth?   Why would you expect someone to come on and say, "I know you broke the law; but that is good and I support you?"  There are routine changes to the state law.  Michigan posts these changes to their website.   They don't send out personal notification to the general public.  MMA laws are no exception.

I never stated to whom I was addressing my comment.  I see you are a little defensive.

I have no aversion to the truth, in fact I prefer it over the alternative.

What I do not care for however is that at the time I posted you had all of 10 posts yourself,

in most of which you come across a little condesending at the minumim.

I raise issue also with the fact that you feel it 'okay' to insinutate laziness and an implication

towards anothers thought processes being 'wrong'.

If you honestly do believe in personal responsibility you might want to check yourself on

insulting others, imho.

Edit; I forgot to add that your signature really leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth also.

Edited by imiubu

I never stated to whom I was addressing my comment.  I see you are a little defensive.

I have no aversion to the truth, in fact I prefer it over the alternative.

What I do not care for however is that at the time I posted you had all of 10 posts yourself,

in most of which you come across a little condesending at the minumim.

I raise issue also with the fact that you feel it 'okay' to insinutate laziness and an implication

towards anothers thought processes being 'wrong'.

If you honestly do believe in personal responsibility you might want to check yourself on

insulting others, imho.

Edit; I forgot to add that your signature really leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth also.

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton

I just thought I would share my thoughts being a former long-term insider to the criminal justice system.    I understand passion, but it needs to be based on the full facts and not just the ones that seem favorable to a person's position.   Should I just keep quiet and, "scroll...smh...scroll...scroll...smh...scroll...scroll"?    BTW, I am a MM patient so these laws impact me too.  I refuse to be paranoid.

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton

I just thought I would share my thoughts being a former long-term insider to the criminal justice system.    I understand passion, but it needs to be based on the full facts and not just the ones that seem favorable to a person's position.   Should I just keep quiet and, "scroll...smh...scroll...scroll...smh...scroll...scroll"?    BTW, I am a MM patient so these laws impact me too.  I refuse to be paranoid.

Understood.

Your insight to the criminal justice system can be a great asset to the boards indeed.

I just have issue with the attitude in which you present your knowledge.

A good debate is welcomed.  Put downs however won't win your case.

You seem to be quite forum savvy, so you are most likely already aware of this.

Indisputable truth is one thing, opinions... well, you know the old saying.

Understood.

Your insight to the criminal justice system can be a great asset to the boards indeed.

Your insight to the criminal justice system can be a great asset to the boards indeed Yes i agree 

Sometimes people post things and write better then others like me my writing is not good and some may take my words wrong that why i try real hard to say IMHO all the time and even when i disagree i add to it Thank you

Understood.

I have read police reports and know that what the person is telling me just isn't so.  I guess it is just a carry-over from my old job.  I'll be more careful so others don't misinterpret what I post.

Face.jpg

WB is your screen name indicative of a business you may be associated with by a similar name?

I don't mean to pry it's just I was driving a few weeks ago and saw a sign with a similar name and it reminded of you for some reason :)

just curious..

I don't even remember where I saw the sign now.. I will have to think back.. :)

frikin short term memory issues coupled with a wondering mind and ya, I tend to get a lot of uggghhh uhhhh ummmmm moments..... lol

Why is it so hard to walk to the back of your vehicle and put it in the trunk?

:thumbsu:

Those were my exact thoughts.

This is one of the easiest "changes" to follow.  I am not saying we have to agree to it, but until it changes, can't we abide by it? 

I know in some circumstances, mistakes do happen.  Things could be forgotten or a person could be ignorant of the law.  In general, if we are aware of THIS change, what reason is their NOT to follow it?  The benefits do not outweigh the risks in this situation.  (risks referring to charges filed)

130,000 patients are paying half as much to be registered in the program due to 2 year cards.(just to be a smart asss)

Yes but how many are paying double because being on social security disability is no longer good enough for the reduced rate of 25.00?

That policy was being changed whether any law passed or not. The reduced rate is meant for low income people(defined) and just because you are disabled does not mean you are poor.

If you are at a certain income threshold and disabled, you are considered poor. Around $13,000 for an individual and about 18,000 for a couple.

The key here is, they were never "supposed" to simply accept SSDI as a qualifier. SSI and Medicaid are the qualifiers. 

But that issue has absolutely zero to do with the amendatory law. Zero.  They were actually being nice(weird to say about this program) and simply accepting people at reduced rates that didn't qualify actually.

Let me add: the program works at such a surplus, I think anyone who is disabled, regardless if they are millionaires or upper middle class, should receive the discount simply for being disabled. The programs income warrants it's ability to have that exist as a policy.

They don't want people to know about the transport law.

Just a pointless law created to continue to harass patients and create revenue for the courts and leo.

It would be easy enough to provide update on new laws when they mail new cards or renewals if they wanted to.

But that law was put in to help patients.........