"you Cannot Grow Good Weed In A Basement," The Compassion

I never said seeds from a bag were bad.  I said that genetics is 75% of it.  There's a chance you can get good genetics in a bag you bought on the street.  As you said above, it's a gamble. I'm not sure why the whole "bagseed" conversation started from my remark because it really isn't applicable.

What you cannot do, is get some ditch weed from Indiana and grow it in your home so that it's good medicine.  It's impossible, because the genetics aren't there.  

Not true at all about gens. It has some to do with it but no where near all. I have grown a lot for breeders and bagseeds and bagseeds can be just as good it you have a TRUE caretaker that know what he or is doing. I studied in cali under a indian guy and he did every wrong by the book most would say, grind fish heads and use egg yolk but his bud would be some of the best. At first I thought he was crazy but I learned that its all in the breeder. My trip to the west coast thought me so much... PEOPLE ON THE EAST COAST DONT KNOW A darn THING ABOUT MARIJUANA. Their beginner growers make so called experts look like rookies.

Just because it's bagseed does not mean it is not good genetics.  A grower can not make a plant better than what it is genetically capable of. Growers can run the spectrum of quality on the same plant(genetics).

And lumping together the quality of growers from geographical regoin will get you nowhere.  I just moved to Michigan from New York and have "been in the game" for 25 years.  Although a lot of east coasters(including me) are moving to western states to be free that doesn't mean the quality didn't also come from the east coast.  The guy who grew one of the recent cannibas cup winners was originally from New York(and began in NY and was darn good back then) and moved to Cali.  Not all of the west coast is from the west coast.

Edited by Norby

Man,  this is an excellent time to point out we need to know if the IP is in state or Not.   I'll bet huge piles of stalk 60% is outta state.

Individuals and groups who are posturing but NOT RESIDENCE  of MI.   We obviously have too much influence from outta staters already.

california ,   its beautiful...go home   you like it so much  (brought to you by the michigan MMJ tourist association)

ETA    For the Record     I have one thousand billion years of experience...that is all

Edited by beourbud

Just because it's bagseed does not mean it is not good genetics.

Quite to the contrary. If it's from a commercial grow it is definitely a commercially viable strain.

There would be no point in commercial growers growing hemp because no one would buy it any way. They want to start with something good.

When they plant they go for big buds and big yields.

It is the poor growing conditions and more especially the curing, or lack therof, from the guerilla growers that makes for bad smoke. I've seen it thrown in garbage bags fresh from harvest and left to get a layer of white mold on it to take away the green smell and then bricked up wet.

Even if it was the Holy Grail of cannabis to start with it would be crap after being treated like that.

Edited by Wild Bill

Having a lot of post dont make you a great grower it just says you spend a lot of time on this site..

Second I've grown so called good seeds from a bank and grown bagseeds as well. And bagseeds just mean you wont know what it is until flowering stage. Idk where you people get a bad name from bagseeds from. I guess my luck a lot better than yours. I had got herms seeds from good seedbank Seeds and bagseeds. NOT ALL BAGSEEDS ARE GOOD. but it you can get seeds from good bud I bet you a pound ifmyou grew it right that it would turn out beautiful if you loved your plant. Great soil with worms, great lighting, great bottle water, great curing stage. You can grow a beautiful plant that smoke like pure poop. And fertilizer, I personally make my own mix. As I said before WHAT WORKS FOR ONE MIGHT NOT WORK FOR OTHERS. Most ppl dont sex or cross breed. I do. And I must say I'VE grown some beautiful plants that smoked great. Sorry I hit a few feelings I thought we all was adults in a discussion. Guess not.

Ever seen a 7ft pot plant? I have yeild 6 pounds outdoors. All for a good bag of weed bought off the streets. Not all bagseeds Mexican brick weed. Seeds just mean the plant had sex.

Having a lot of post dont make you a great grower it just says you spend a lot of time on this site..

Second I've grown so called good seeds from a bank and grown bagseeds as well. And bagseeds just mean you wont know what it is until flowering stage. Idk where you people get a bad name from bagseeds from. I guess my luck a lot better than yours. I had got herms seeds from good seedbank Seeds and bagseeds. NOT ALL BAGSEEDS ARE GOOD. but it you can get seeds from good bud I bet you a pound ifmyou grew it right that it would turn out beautiful if you loved your plant. Great soil with worms, great lighting, great bottle water, great curing stage. You can grow a beautiful plant that smoke like pure poop. And fertilizer, I personally make my own mix. As I said before WHAT WORKS FOR ONE MIGHT NOT WORK FOR OTHERS. Most ppl dont sex or cross breed. I do. And I must say I'VE grown some beautiful plants that smoked great. Sorry I hit a few feelings I thought we all was adults in a discussion. Guess not.

Ever seen a 7ft pot plant? I have yeild 6 pounds outdoors. All for a good bag of weed bought off the streets. Not all bagseeds Mexican brick weed. Seeds just mean the plant had sex.

Six pounds is great but we don't currently have any real legal protection for anyone harvesting six pounds.  You can dribble on all day long about how great your and your plants are, but at the end of the day, what is comes down to is how you can manufacture great meds AND be compliant. 

. N speak of law growing marijuana is federally illegal. In all 50 states.

What's your point?  That if you break federal law to grow that it would also be smart to blow state law out of the water?

Please clarify your post.  This whole "six pounds" thing is troubling.

Edited by Highlander

The whole key to a good basement grow is........as soon as you wake up go into your room and pee on all of your plants, you only have to do it with your first morning pee pee lol, it has the most nutes!  If you cant pee enough to get some in every plant just pee in a bucket in the morning for a few days and than pour it in!  also they like beer and vodka, and if you have the tv on or noise on near them do it every day!

And that is the magic to basement growing,,,,,,now after you do all of that and say hey your right, I have some property I need to get rid of and a few bridges!

Peace

The whole key to a good basement grow is........as soon as you wake up go into your room and pee on all of your plants, you only have to do it with your first morning pee pee lol, it has the most nutes!  If you cant pee enough to get some in every plant just pee in a bucket in the morning for a few days and than pour it in!  also they like beer and vodka, and if you have the tv on or noise on near them do it every day!

And that is the magic to basement growing,,,,,,now after you do all of that and say hey your right, I have some property I need to get rid of and a few bridges!

Peace

All that - yes- but you're missing a key piece to the puzzle.  You need to add a heaping dose of spider mites to all meds because none of us are getting enough protein in our regular diets. 

All that - yes- but you're missing a key piece to the puzzle.  You need to add a heaping dose of spider mites to all meds because none of us are getting enough protein in our regular diets. 

Oh im not missing them, beleive me, im on the 2 part appoxi concrete paint, I done bleached and scrubby dub dubed everything, but now im one paranoid phaq about them lil peices of poop lol!

Peace

How you think seed banks make their on genes they better the seeds lol and cross breed plants.. To be a basic grower dont mean your a bad grower it means you dont master the art of sexing and breeding. It means you buy seeds instead of making seeds. You can sex on bud without seeding the whole plant. Lol rookies.

That has nothing to do with the beginning of this conversation.  The statement was that a good grow is 75% genetics.  What does the above statement have to do with that? ...and how do you know what I've mastered?  You may have been buying seeds that I bred for years for all you know about me.  Thou doth presume too much.

Who cares where I seen a six pound producing plant why is that troubling you? Why does it matter? I never said blow state laws out thewater, even thou the state of michigan hires pimps to be mayors.. I said why keep talking about whats law when your breaking the law. Some of you people are really sick in the head but its ok hopefully the meds help you out.

Who cares where I seen a six pound producing plant . . .

Nobody.

I said why keep talking about whats law when your breaking the law.

States rights. The Tenth Amendment to the Constitution states:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

The Constitution does not give the federal government the right to do what is is doing. We are trying to follow the laws of our state rather than the unconstitutional laws dictated by the federal government.

I don't know if the Federal Government grows in their basement or just outdoors. :thumbsu: