Bureau of Health Care Services
Health Professions Division
Michigan Medical Marihuana Program
PO Box 30083
Lansing, MI 48909

Telephone Number: 517-373-0395

Email Address: BHP-MMMPINFO@michigan.gov

Question:
Does my patient(s) have to notify me if they change to a new caregiver?

Answer:
When the MMP processes a change form to remove a caregiver, the caregiver will receive a notice
that their registry ID card for that patient is no longer valid. Prior to receipt of the letter (which can take up to 60 days
to receive) the responsibility falls on the patient to communicate with the caregiver to notify him or her

that he or she is no longer protected under the law.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara/lara_MMP_FAQ_6-28-13_426011_7.pdf

Sounds like you kept up your end of the agreement.You discussed with him that this was the intention before he signed  You better check out the new caregiver forms,the change form now wants the CGs signature also....and it is 2 pages long now. And the post  above mine is even something that a CG or a Pt would do,I would run real fast from that one. When I changed my CG,I never got one plant,even though legally they were mine. There is no recourse for a pt that CGs grow for,they do whatever they want to and get to keep your plants,usually just a harvest time. Like they planned it all out. But to even suspect someone would call and report me as a CG or a pt to LEO,is downright scary stuff. I sure as heck wouldn't call the cops on the person. But I may beatchslap them. Trying to put someone in jail is can RUIN their life. And that puts it all in a new light. Trust is earned,not just a given. Treat people the way you want to be treated. More and more pts are growing for themselves and CGs helped them do it.

Edited by jointedone

My point is that not every split is amiable and not every patient will notify LARA unless when signing a new CG.

This leaves CG's in the lurch with extra plant count that could possibly create a dilemma for them.

In the event that a PT does not communicate a change to the CG, it takes LARA a minimum of 60 days (see above) to

send CG's the notice they no longer have said PT.

THAT is what I find scary.

leo, posing as a patient, could set up a CG

Yeah. Same as posing as a CG to set up a pt. Why does it feel real cold to patients on this site? Yet there is a classified forum to find CGs. But try to advocate for pts and you are ripped to shreds. IT'S A BUSINESS,not a friendship club. So treat it that way. Are you all paying taxes on your CG income,including gas? Heck no. Does a pt get to claim the $ they pay for meds once they reach their deductable like health insurance? Nope. Both have to hide everything. So nothing has really changed,has it?

Yeah. Same as posing as a CG to set up a pt. Why does it feel real cold to patients on this site? Yet there is a classified forum to find CGs. But try to advocate for pts and you are ripped to shreds. IT'S A BUSINESS,not a friendship club. So treat it that way. Are you all paying taxes on your CG income,including gas? Heck no. Does a pt get to claim the $ they pay for meds once they reach their deductable like health insurance? Nope. Both have to hide everything. So nothing has really changed,has it?

Really?????  You're not paying taxes?????  I certainly wouldn't admit that on a public forum.

See? All you want to do is fight. So now you use a threatening tone with me about taxes? You don't even know me,nor do I know you. Do you not understand a RHETORICAL question? Are you going to call the IRS on me now? This is one scary website. Bye. It's been REAL.

I wasn't threatening.  I was pointing out that you shouldn't be admitting that you're breaking the law on an internet forum that is probably monitored by LEO.   I actually find it strange that you thought I was threatening.  There certainly isn't any malice in my original post.  

Could it be that it might just be your interpretation?

leo, posing as a patient, could set up a CG

I worry about this at every new patient visit I perform and I actually believe that law enforcement is collecting phone numbers from prospective caregivers here in the forums via private message to see if they can identify us via our phone records do yourself a favor buy a cheap tracphone there is no requirements to register it to your real name and address like a sprint or Verizon account.

Also if you plan on being a caregiver use a post office box for all of your LARA paperwork for your patients do not use your home address if you grow in your home like I do .

Very scary website, I stopped asking for help on here a long time ago.

Scary as in we tell you how the law operates and what you should and should not do for your own safety?

We may come off harsh on subjects that could get you criminally charged but if we didn't tell you the blunt truth on  a subject and you took bad advice and were arrested  you would come back and blame us about that as well.

The  staff and the admins are well versed on the law plus we have members here with backgrounds in the courts the only bad advice given here is the advice from people like you that say we are a scary website we clearly are here to help you navigate the current medical marijuana law in Michigan nothing more .

Is that what you say on your VERY PUBLIC Facebook page? You guys are so paranoid. Anybody that dares to have a different view than you is a bad guy,right? Do you take any responsibility for your own statements? Yes,of course I would do that,get my own butt in trouble because I don't like what you say. (That was SARCASM,in case you don't get it) All you did with your comments was to prove the point that you try to avoid the point....by attacking the person that made it. We all know our names are on a list. The same list that was SUPPOSED to NEVER EXIST,remember? LEO was NOT supposed to have access to that list,but they do now. Mind your own,follow the law,and you shouldn't have any problems. Scaring off every new poster here is like a red flag. And that is why your website will never go anywhere,while other ones help the public,donate food and try to show that MMJ pts are NOT potheads,that we want to contribute to our neighbors and neighborhoods,to educate them and show them that we are regular people. Now go wild. Flamesuit on.

Is that what you say on your VERY PUBLIC Facebook page? You guys are so paranoid. Anybody that dares to have a different view than you is a bad guy,right? Do you take any responsibility for your own statements? Yes,of course I would do that,get my own butt in trouble because I don't like what you say. (That was SARCASM,in case you don't get it) All you did with your comments was to prove the point that you try to avoid the point....by attacking the person that made it. We all know our names are on a list. The same list that was SUPPOSED to NEVER EXIST,remember? LEO was NOT supposed to have access to that list,but they do now. Mind your own,follow the law,and you shouldn't have any problems. Scaring off every new poster here is like a red flag. And that is why your website will never go anywhere,while other ones help the public,donate food and try to show that MMJ pts are NOT potheads,that we want to contribute to our neighbors and neighborhoods,to educate them and show them that we are regular people. Now go wild. Flamesuit on.

"LEO was NOT supposed to have access to that list,but they do now"

you make this statement based on what?

You don't need a flame suit.  A tin foil hat will do nicely. 

if you don't have the same opinions that I have about laying low, I don't think you're a bad guy.  I do think you might be a little foolish judging by the way LEO has treated patients over the last four years.

The first application forms in 08 had a teeny tiny sentence that said no LEO could have access to MMJ pts. Look on the 2008 form. Nice comment about the tin foil hat. Aren't you the cheeky little monkey behind the keyboard. 

There were no application forms in 2008.