Friends From California

Maybe I'm being over sensitive but it seems like lately we have been getting folks posting on the site that have recently moved here from other states and now want to start growing here. The ones from California seem to be a little belligerant.

They come here first asking for clones or seeds and then when they are told that patient to patient transfers are not legal here they become insulting and say California lets you do this or that and you should all break the law and do it here.

They seem to have a propensity for saying that we are all bad growers and don't know what we are doing. (I went to Oaksterdam! Woo Hoo!)

Odd call from people who don't even have connections to get seeds in this state. How could they have seen so many grows to know what kind of quality we have?

Are they judging by the schwag they've picked up in dispensaries?

While I haven't been targeted personally I am nevertheless insulted by the remarks made to others on this forum. I planted my first cannabis seed in 1972 and I'm willing to bet most of these "experts" weren't even born then.

If California is such a paradise why did you come here? Don't you have access to news reports in California? Aren't you aware of the raids on the elderly and parents being separated from their children here in Michigan?

Is a person that I have never met, particularly one who claims (on the internet no less) that they are here from out of town, going to take responsibility for my legal fees? Will they guarantee that I will not spend a day in jail?

I think not.

Edited by Wild Bill

Maybe I'm being over sensitive but it seems like lately we have been getting folks posting on the site that have recently moved here from other states and now want to start growing here. The ones from California seem to be a little belligerant.

They come here first asking for clones or seeds and then when they are told that patient to patient transfers are not legal here they become insulting and say California lets you do this or that and you should all break the law and do it here.

They seem to have a propensity for saying that we are all bad growers and don't know what we are doing. (I went to Oaksterdam! Woo Hoo!)

Odd call from people who don't even have connections to get seeds in this state. How could they have seen so many grows to know what kind of quality we have?

Are they judging by the schwag they've picked up in dispensaries?

While I haven't been targeted personally I am nevertheless insulted by the remarks made to others on this forum. I planted my first cannabis seed in 1972 and I'm willing to bet most of these "experts" weren't even born then.

If California is such a paradise why did you come here? Don't you have access to news reports in California? Aren't you aware of the raids on the elderly and parents being separated from their children here in Michigan?

Is a person that I have never met, particularly one who claims (on the internet no less) that they are here from out of town, take responsibility for my legal fees? Will they guarantee that I will not spend a day in jail?

I think not.

I know   right

cAlIfOrNiA rEjEcTs

Yeah, the hell with californians.

No, you are judging the lot based on a few loud, probably kids, bragging.

I have been gifted many excellent cuttings and seeds from visiting californians. Of course this was back when that kind of thing was ok. 

Many of them while being "elite" genetics  in my opinion, were not even labelled or named at all. Some were. Mostly from egoless growers who just wanted to help.

I find it very confusing that the people of this community, after being stereotyped their entire life would be so quick to stereotype another group.

Texans, they are the real problem. yes sarcasm.

Edited by I wood