Looking To Become A Caregiver

aku92

Well first off you need to establish residency in Michigan that's a 6 month process I believe second there is not a ton of money to be made growing cannabis since your only allowed to provide to up to 5 patients so unless they are big spenders you will likely just make minimal profit .

If you have any type of assaultive felony or a felony drug charge or any felony charges in the last 10 years you are precluded from becoming a caregiver but you can still be a patient and grow for yourself .

You also  have to find a county to move to that isn't  anti medical cannabis Wayne county seems to respect the medical law better than others .

It takes 30 days to establish residency.

You don't make people your patient, rather they make you their caregiver.  You can't be a caregiver until somebody makes you their caregiver.  If you're from out of town it can be difficult to establish patients.

You need to get an established grow before looking for patients.  You do this by becoming  patient yourself.  When you are growing enough for yourself, plus a surplus, it's time to go looking for patient.  

You're only allowed to legally sell to five patients.  If they don't spend a lot of money, it can be difficult to make a profit.  Mostly, it's like a good part-time job.

http://www.michigan.gov/som/0,4669,7-192--86428--,00.html

How do I Become a Resident of Michigan?

Residency means different things for different purposes. Some examples are:

For each of these instances, follow the link above to gain more information. In the case of in-state college tuition, each college has its own requirements. You will need to contact the college you plan to attend.

http://www.michigan.gov/som/0,4669,7-192--86428--,00.html

How do I Become a Resident of Michigan?

Residency means different things for different purposes. Some examples are:

For each of these instances, follow the link above to gain more information. In the case of in-state college tuition, each college has its own requirements. You will need to contact the college you plan to attend.

Very Good post thanks

I would not think you will make a living on growing ,medical here in Michigan. Not if your growing just for your patients. Not saying you would do anything other then that. but the law here is set up for small personal giverships. and those ya dont make a living at.

Oh yeah im going to stick to the guide lines to do things right and proper so im not breaking the law. What aboit selling my excess about of mmj to a dispensary?

Currently dispensaries are illegal, so you'd be taking a chance. Oh, there's also the fact that caregivers can legally only transfer meds to their own patients. However, there are a couple of farmers markets still operating. They may not be legal, but I understand that at least for the one operating in Flint, the powers that be accept it and don't give them any trouble. 

So she would have to have a room and myself a room or two seperate locations?

They just have to be separate, and locked so that the other person can't have any access to the plants. They can be right next to each other, as long as one person can't enter the other person's grow. At least that's my understanding.