"the Average Cg Spends A Hundred Dollars To Produce An Oz.

pic book

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather have Jim in my tent pïssïng out than outside the tent pïssing in.

bawahahahahaha yea dont tinkle in the fire either lol

he pm'd me after I read he was on vacation, he said he wishes he could meet me in person because he beat me to blank, i told him I live in hale  and the county,  I said bring your awsome mm with you becuase im gonna take it from ya after i spank your arse lol!

I guess he dont like being called the bestest super duper jedi grower, even though them are his words!

Now back to our normaly planned show :yahoo-wave:

hey John now that we met, you should be honered to have me in your tent, id stop ya from snoring, (i will leave that to your imagination) :lolu:

Peace

Come on Celliach,I can eat my chili and I don't have a colon! Budpuffer,BAT GUANO FROM ANTARTICA,APMSL!! We are trying to get it together,but all you city folks will have to come out here where it is DARK and SCAREY. We should do a Haunted Hayride as a group. Good one out in Armada and looks even scarier than last year. Me,I prefer Zombies in the cornfield at night.

armada is that st.clair county?

armada is that st.clair county?

North Macomb County .

No Macomb. But next to it. Jesus. I can see why you guys don't have parties. Spreading gloom,like life ain't enough of a rat race? A little fun doesn't hurt anybody. And if you are that miserable,nobody wants you around anyways.

O K , Armada is in northwest Macomb County . It is , however , in Macomb County and not "next to it" . 

EDIT: Also , I'm as happy as a Lark .  :D

Edited by knucklehead bob

From 52 posts to this thread I learned that $25 to $157 is the range of cost to produce an oz.

now you can add 200 for an oz, that is how much it is costing me since I had to shut down my grow lol!

Im hoping to be up and running by the end of nov again :hair: and im gonna keep it simple stupid, this time!

no clones coming in, no people going in, im not going in any one elses and hopeful no mites again, just when I had it made  booom I managed to get invaded by mites, and when you only do a few at a time I just get rid of all and clean and start over, Im glad I have some good beans to start with!

Happy Growing!

Peace

From 52 posts to this thread I learned that $25 to $157 is the range of cost to produce an oz.

Just add up your costs.  Container, growing medium, genetics, plant stakes, hemp rope, labels, nutrients, epsom salt, carbon filter replacement fund, electricity, water, lamps, and then there is always the labor.  Sounds easy, until you are pushing around 250 lbs. or growing medium.  Or 500 lbs. or 1,000 lbs., for that matter.

Wear and tear on pumps, timers, fans, reservoirs, feed lines, plumbing and emitters, environmental controls, lamps, light movers, fittings and ducting.  Waterproofing, construction, creating your airtight seal; it all adds up to the cost of the room.

Or, you could put 6-12 plants under a 400 watt light in 3-5 gallon bags.  Throw a fan on it or not, water it with tap, $30 in nutrients, $3 in salts, maybe some thrive alive.  Spend $50 a month in electricity and yeild about 8 oz.

The more you grow, and the more you grow for other people, the more your environmental control costs.  Bigger grows require moving lots of air.  Lots of electricity. 

Did you have your home rewired and spend $1,000 on electrical for a new sub-panel?  Pay for the inspections?  Electricians?  Each circumstance is different.

Maybe your grow room cost $350.  Or maybe it cost $6,000

Edited by greenleaf

Then space, the true cost.  With the law, there is a bigger demand on space.  Because everything has to be individually compartmentalized, according to the State police articles posted on this forum.

You could grow in your closet, or you could grow across your garage or basement.  As a general rule, probably you could crank out 1/2 lb. a month for $60 with no restrictions on plants and weights and a 400 watt lamp and a small closet setup.  If you can cram 12 or 16 plants in the closet at a time.  And spend no money on odor filtration and located it smartly in a basement or upstairs.  But when you start pushing numbers, now you need to spend $1,200 on equipment to handle processing air, plus the electricity to operate it, and the replacement every 18 months.

The more you scale up.  The more it costs.  The better and more commercial the product.

In our basement I could grow mushrooms.It's old and dank and not the good kind of dank. There can be money and improvements made. But then the Govt is going to want to TAX all of us,for their cut. What about those little portable grow rooms I have seen? I only grow flowers out side. And they are hard enough work as it is. I am not a pro,so I leave that up to my special person. Since I am a gardener,I could learn to indoor grow...but WHY? There are a lot of good growers out there. And because the law INSISTS,there can be no legal growers without the pt! So we have to stick together. Many have tried. I never see the word COMPASSION as pertaining to MMJ anymore. And our State govt,both parties,seem to forget we even have a MMJ law. They won't touch it,the sissies.

Is there really a basement improvement tax????????

In our basement I could grow mushrooms.It's old and dank and not the good kind of dank. There can be money and improvements made. But then the Govt is going to want to TAX all of us,for their cut. What about those little portable grow rooms I have seen? I only grow flowers out side. And they are hard enough work as it is. I am not a pro,so I leave that up to my special person. Since I am a gardener,I could learn to indoor grow...but WHY? There are a lot of good growers out there. And because the law INSISTS,there can be no legal growers without the pt! So we have to stick together. Many have tried. I never see the word COMPASSION as pertaining to MMJ anymore. And our State govt,both parties,seem to forget we even have a MMJ law. They won't touch it,the sissies.

The deal with the tent is, it's a room.  If you have space, it's cheaper to build with lumber.  But you know, it's a good light tight environment (i'd imagine that's the point, never grew with one).

With a tent you'll need the fan, in an open space, you can cheat and have no exhaust fan.  You don't need it to grow plants, but you do need it to control heat.  Then with the fan you'll likely end up getting the filter, and that's more cash vs. open space growing.  You need the fittings, reducers and flanges if you're using a hood and clamps and tape if you're running cool tubes.

If you open closet grow you can cheat the fan and filter and tent costs, so that's a few hundred bucks saved.  It isn't top flight commercial pot, but it's cheap to produce with a 400.  That way you can work on dialing in on the flavor and potency, and less about the mechanical / electrical systems.  And just focus in on dialing it in and learning to grow the plant and experiment.

For the OP -

I can set up a grow for $250, that's what I used for years, but right now I'm working on a $6,000 - $12,000 project, which is $1,000 - $2,000 per patient.  That's materials and skilled labor only.  It's probably valued at double.  The difference is automation, enviro controls, air handling, plumbing, safety and protection systems and more space & more power.

When you're hobbying, you can run out.  When you're medical, you have to ensure a steady supply of high quality for up to 5 patients to meet their needs and afford the overhead for electricity.  Meet the needs of dozens of strains and their optimal environmental conditions.  I can easily spend $600-$1,200 a month on electricity if I'm up and running with 5 patients.

And in my opinion, that is a budget set up for what I wish I could actually do.  But it's the next step in learning plumbing, meeting electrical needs and working with a variety of digital and mechanical systems.

I'm great with plants.  But there is a learning curve with commercial growing equipment and systems.  Always fighting heat and odor and air handling, or spending 1,000's to prevent fighting it.

Edited by greenleaf

Hand watering is free.  I'm designing a $700 irrigation system.  It's just where I am in the journey.  2 Reservoirs per patient.  That's about $150 per patient for the materials only, plus the design, the build, the mistakes and corrections that are going to happen, so it's really more in materials.

Basically $100 per reservoir x 10.  It's easy to water 12, it's exponentially harder with 60 or more.