Some Teaparty Terrorists

c2288420

These are some of the Terrorists that have shut down the government.

Representative Justin Amash (pronounced uh-MOSH) represents Michigan’s Third District in the 113th United States Congress. He was elected to his first term on November 2, 2010.

That nucleus of that group has stuck in the leadership’s craw for some time. Representative Justin Amash, Republican of Michigan, has voted against Republican positions 136 times in his short stretch in Congress. Representative Paul Broun, Republican of Georgia, has voted no on Republican motions 84 times. Representative Thomas Massie, a freshman from Kentucky, is rising in the pesky ranks with 91 no votes in nine months.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/02/us/politics/a-committed-group-of-conservatives-outflanks-the-house-leadership.html

I guess they are earning their campaign money.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose some folks are convinced anyone who doesn't toe the Obamaphone approach to governance is a terrorist.

Maybe they are simply people not unlike any other person whose beliefs lead them to take the actions they deem appropriate.

In this world it is tough to what is right and what is wrong.

But if our country has to raise its credit card limit to borrow more to pay its bills we have a real spending problem whether anyone wants to admit it or not.

Edited by outsideinthecold

The Affordable Care Act was passed, challenged in the Supreme Court and supported, Mr Romney ran on the platform that he would eliminate it and he was defeated. When a small group of individuals decide that they are going to shut down the government because the majority doesn't support them, this is terrorism IMHO. I suggest they remember that the United States government does not negotiate with terrorists.

If and when these individuals attend their religious services and profess their faith I wonder if denying health care, food, etc to their fellow human beings is always their top priority. We know that it is from their actions. May they receive their just rewards for these actions. 

Regards,

C

I suppose some folks are convinced anyone who doesn't toe the Obamaphone approach to governance is a terrorist.

Maybe they are simply people not unlike any other person whose beliefs lead them to take the actions they deem appropriate.

But if our country has to raise its credit card limit to borrow more to pay its bills we have a real spending problem whether anyone wants to admit it or not.

Actually the United States does apparently negotiate with terrorists-or what do you call the recent overtures to Iran and Syria?

I really don't care what happens with Obamacare and the shutdown.

All I know is the numbers don't make sense.

The most recent CBO estimate is Obamacare will now cost $1.8 trillion over ten years.

The best guess it will provide some sort of coverage to 20 million of the 50 million currently without coverage.

Simple math says that is $9000/year for coverage; coverage that does not include deductibles or co-pays.

In the end, like Benghazi, what difference does it make?

We're seventeen trillion in debt (that's over $200,000 for a typical household).

We've got massive unfunded liabilities and a dysfunctional government.

But we do have Obamaphones with 250 free minutes each month.

Ain't life grand.

Sickening watching people who are for or against one party or the other make no mistake here Washington as a whole is broken and corrupt politicians depend on you the public to keep attention away from the big picture with your bickering the political machine in the US is beyond repair.

Politicians are elected to serve those that cast votes but not anymore its all about special interests and playing puppet to the big corporations open up your eyes people quit being so darn naïve.

These considerations speak a persuasive language to every reflecting and virtuous mind, and exhibit the continuance of the union as a primary object of Patriotic desire. Is there a doubt, whether a common government can embrace so large a sphere? Let experience solve it. To listen to mere speculation in such a case were criminal. We are authorized to hope, that a proper organization of the whole, with the auxiliary agency of governments for the respective subdivisions, will afford a happy issue to the experiment. It is well worth a fair and full experiment.

With such powerful and obvious motives to Union, affecting all parts of our country, while experience shall not have demonstrated its impracticability, there will always be reason to distrust the patriotism of those, who in any quarter may endeavour to weaken its bands.

George Washington in his farewell address

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RS22926.pdf

"Since the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, Congress has appropriated more than a trillion 
dollars for military operations in Afghanistan, Iraq, and elsewhere around the world." 

Having been gainfully employed and unemployed throughout 2001-2010  our tax dollars went toward these wars.Maybe its time to start caring about our fellow human beings. Just maybe it's time to devote some of our taxes to healthcare like the rest of the world.

Just maybe we save a trillion not being involved in wars over the next ten years, now we are at 800 million. Would that work?

I understand that a few were never taught to share and now that they have theirs screw any and everybody else. Me thinks the majority has laid this issue to rest-however the Tea Party Terrorist will not be satisfied until??????

This reminds me of our situation here in Michigan and the MMMA. A few individuals have banded together to destroy our law and have succeeded in preventing any case from going before a jury. I wonder if we could get the Justice Department involved in this conspiracy?

Regards,
C

No such thing... just like calling cannabis oil RSO.

The Universal Service Fund (USF) was created by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in 1997 to meet Congressional universal service goals as mandated by the Telecommunications Act of 1996.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Service_Fund

I am FOR myself. Too bad if it makes YOU SICK. At least I give a crap about what is happening to MY country. I don't care if you agree with me or not,I have a Constitutional right to say what I want to. Try reading it sometime when you aren't trashing other peoples posts.

Where do I trash anyones specific  posts ?

If im responding directly to you ill quote your post I clearly didn't as you saw.

It is  meant for everyone who pulls for one party and lays blame solely on the other party's shoulders you are a blind fool  if you don't see its all to deflect attention away from the fact that they work in conjuction to screw the People as a whole.

If  the truth hurts blame those you voted for not the guy who sees through the BS.

I am FOR myself. Too bad if it makes YOU SICK. At least I give a crap about what is happening to MY country. I don't care if you agree with me or not,I have a Constitutional right to say what I want to. Try reading it sometime when you aren't trashing other peoples posts.

You have a constitutional right to say what you want, but a group of people who represent a minority of citizens do not have the right to take this country over a cliff simply because they don't agree with a majority decision.

The debt ceiling is all about money that the government has already agreed to spend. If the Tea Partiers don't like how the money is being spent there is a remedy for them - it is called elections and the legislative process. They can't get their way through regular channels so they have decided to take the country hostage. That is terrorism.

There is only ONE single person keeping the government shutdown. ONE person.  His name is John Boehner.

If he would just put the Senate bill on the floor for a vote, this would be over. At least the Democrats in the Senate have actually voted on the floor on the house bills and they have failed. John Boehner is such a chicken shiit he won't even put the Senate bill(a "clean continuing resolution) on the floor for a vote because he KNOWS it would pass with all democrats voting for it and a minority of Republicans.

So, whine and moan all you want people,... there is ONE singl eperson holding up this process and one single person keeping the government shutdown.

They said Medicare was going to destroy our freedom too.  Ronald Reagan even recorded a record album with a speech about how bad it was and how it was going to destroy the country if it was passed. 

My parents, and my grandmother couldn't have made it without Medicare.  

If the federal government was your household its finances would look like this:

Income of $22,000/year.

Spending $38,000/year.

Credit card debt $168,000.

I was drafted in 1968 and was sent to Vietnam as an infantryman.

How do think I feel about the so-called federal government safety net?

Big government is the problem from my perspective.

And bad parents who are unable to meet the basic responsibility of procreation; you breed 'em, you feed 'em.

Truth is this is a resource limited rock we all live and die on circling a small yellow sun situated on a spiral arm well away from the center of a rather ordinary galaxy wandering around in the endless expanse of the expanding universe.

We are insignificant and transitory.

We are on our own.

We have met the enemy and they are us.

See,I knew this would happen. Lets see how all you libturds feel when it kicks in. Have ANY OF YOU even checked the Michigan site to see what you will get and how much it will cost you? Or will you wait to "pass the bill before we can see what is in it"? I am sick. We NEED insurance. My only other choice is death. I am NOT on disability,even though I qualify and have qualified for 12 years now. I WORKED until I couldn't anymore. And it will be for all of you too. YOU are the reason our country is being destroyed piece by piece. YOU voted for this creep twice. So,the blame is on you. Not donkey rectum Mitt Romney,he is a useless tool,everybody hates that guy. What the hell are YOU doing to help anything? All you guys care about is this stupid MMJ bill. There actually IS LIFE out here,and we are all afraid. You will find out for yourselves. Now go check the Michigan site and see how much more you will be forced to pay for healthcare. Did the repugs decide that if an employer with less than 50 employees can just opt out and pay a 2000 fine and give you no health care? Did the repugs decide that this applies to every citizen but the ones that are Fed and State employed? Do you think you are NOT being drug tested anytime you have to go to the ER?  Watch what you wish for. EVERYTHING comes with a price. That includes FREEDOM. Now you can explain to your own kids in 10 years why YOU let it happen. And if you think most Repugs SUPPORT the GOP,you are very wrong. But you wouldn't know that. Just let it happen,sheeple. Maybe more people from both parties would agree to have the Congress and House scumbags try this out first,then let us know how it goes for them. Flamesuit on. You put up a post calling TPers terrorists? Gee are you a little slanted? Why do you all think that anybody that is pro MMJ is a libturd? Open your eyes. Can I put up a post title "Demorats support murdering unborn babies at 24 weeks?" Didn't think so. Free country,indeed. Free for you ENTITLED ones. Well bless your little white cotton socks

The coverage is great jointedone. Michigan is using the Federal system because the republican led government in Michigan failed to establish a healthcare exchange.  I had spoken with my Rep. and they had considered setting up a multistate exchange between like Michigan, Indiana, Illinois and Ohio because they could offer lower rates by having more states go in as a pool. So of course, I asked him if it would be even cheaper if we got more states to join to enlarge the pool and he said yes. So I asked him, why not just get all 50 states into the same pool so we could take advantage of the largest pool and spread risk.  He looked stupid for a few minutes and realized, yea, I am a dumb republican and didn't even think of that. A 50 state health exchange would offer the lowest prices. ;-)

Anyhow, you are buying standard ol health insurance with increased mandatory coverages  from plans prior to passing of the ACA. Same old plans you used to buy everywhere before. cheap arse plans cover 60/40 with a large deductible. then a 70/30 lower deductible plan, then a 80/20 plan etc.  There is zero difference between a health exchange plan today as there was to one before the ACA was passed. Nothing 'special' here. Same ol same ol except with better overall prices for almost everyone.

Next, the Federal employees ALREADY HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE FROM THEIR EMPLOYER. This(obamacare) is for people without an employer that offers health insurance. They should not even be included, BUT the republicans DEMANDED that federal employees MUST be on obamacare and were able to get the ACA amended before initial passage to make it so.  The only argument is whether Federal employees will still have their employer covering part of their insurance cost like almost every single other employer does.

The large employer issue effects a mere 2% of businesses with 50 or more employees. The other 98% already offer health insurance to their employees and it effects them ZERO.  Obama decided to give that 2% of employers with over 50 employees a break for 1 year to get their shite together before penalizing them.  Their employees can already sign up for insurance through the ACA healthcare exchanges.  The company won't be penalized until the next fiscal year(Oct 2014).

And lastly, my wonderful ol' lady is already receiving healthcare because of the ACA.

So you can totally pee off my friend as you are obviously clueless and just parroting nonsense talking points you don't even actually understand.

I have read the entire law before it passed, as it was being amended, and in it's current final form.

You my friend,... have no real clue obviously.

Have a nice day jointedone.   Enjoy living in fear.

p.s. Isn't your fear the one thing that deprives you of your freedom?

edited to add quote

Mal,

Could you explain how the Republicans could have insisted on any provision in the ACA as the Democrats controlled both houses of congress with a super majority in the Senate?

Simply not possible.

I'm glad you and yours benefit from the ACA. Whether this will be the case for all remains to be seen however.

The question isn't what's good for me. The question is what is good for our grandchildren.

Hell is a place where your dreams come true.

The Devil will come as a friend and not an enemy.

Nobody gets our of here alive.

Edited by outsideinthecold

It was a concession made by democrats done in the belief, albeit false belief, that some republicans would vote for it if republicans were allowed to offer and add amendments. A true mistake by democrats. Also, a couple democrats in the Senate wouldn't agree (Evan Bayh, Mary Landrieu, Joe Lieberman, Max Baucus and Kent Conrad) to pass the bill without allowing Republican amendments. Republicans were pushing filibusters for every single procedural vote and the Dem's needed all 58 votes plus the 2 independents to get 60 votes to override every single vote and procedure.

I will agree that this is just allowing everyone to buy insurance without penalty for pre existing conditions and such.  But I was quoted over $2000 a month for health insurance before the ACA. Looking at it now, insurance would cost me around $200/month for a similar plan in the health care exchange.

I agree we should completely cutout the profit motive of insurance companies in the healthcare field.  I am a single payer supporter. But this is much better than what we had by a long shot. I highly doubt any really sick people in here would say the healthcare system was peachy keen and fine 5 years ago. Far from it.  As a matter of fact, prices were skyrocketing by as much as 28% every single year for health coverage and costs. The ACA has already lowered the curve on those increases.