Advice

m3carbon

Oh i remember those days well ETS do they still call it that?

yup still ETS and im in my ACAP process now i can see the light

According to the Michigan Supreme Court you are not allowed to legally sell to anyone but your five registered patients.  There are stores operating, and there are stores getting raided all the time.  It's a gamble....one that could end up with you going to prison.

Dang even with the feds backing down that sucks this was one of the reasons i agreed with my wife to move to mi, hopefully by the time im ready things are diffrent

Weedmaps is showing 3 operating dispensaries in Grand Rapids and several in surrounding communities (I'm not advising you to "open up a shop", as you said). Dispensaries are illegal. Don't do it.

thanks for info and im just trying to get all my info and anything else i need ready so when they do become legal i will be rady to start providing some a grade medicine

I wish moving to another state was a option for me guess im just going to have to sit back and just prep myself and have everything ready for when the green light is givin on a state and fed level in my opion will be soon.

Thats all you need to do, hopefully you can become a pt and keep your grow rights, and maybe get a pt or 5 when you have your grow dialed in, and do things by the book, one day it may happen here, than again one day none of us may legaly be able to grow, I dont want to lead you in the wrong direction, MI is a great state and right now we have the best rules of the mm states, at least I think so.

Once you get your grow room up and running im sure you will be fine!

Thank You for serving our country!

Peace

Sounds like you are really set on the idea of being in business here in Michigan.   The advice you have gotten so far is solid, but just in case you talk yourself into the idea that you will be ok, you should at least have a good lawyer.  Contact Grow & Tarkowski over in Kalamazoo.   I expect they will have the same advice you got here, but like I said, if you go forward, they can at least help hook you  up with a good bailbondsman and they are very experienced w/ representing MMJ cases.

Thats all you need to do, hopefully you can become a pt and keep your grow rights, and maybe get a pt or 5 when you have your grow dialed in, and do things by the book, one day it may happen here, than again one day none of us may legaly be able to grow, I dont want to lead you in the wrong direction, MI is a great state and right now we have the best rules of the mm states, at least I think so.

Once you get your grow room up and running im sure you will be fine!

Thank You for serving our country!

your welcome and it was my plesure to serve also. I will be holding out untill i can be up and running without the worries of going to jail cant really offored that nor do i want to just hoping the feds open there eyes and realize this is one of the best things that can happen to the people of the good ol USA

Peace

Sounds like you are really set on the idea of being in business here in Michigan.   The advice you have gotten so far is solid, but just in case you talk yourself into the idea that you will be ok, you should at least have a good lawyer.  Contact Grow & Tarkowski over in Kalamazoo.   I expect they will have the same advice you got here, but like I said, if you go forward, they can at least help hook you  up with a good bailbondsman and they are very experienced w/ representing MMJ cases.

hope i wont need one or find myself in a spot were i would and yes i will be taking the advice of  you wonderful people on hear thanks all you guys

I'm not sure 4271 is going to make it, at least not in it's present form.  I'm not real confident that the dispensary people are throwing their money at the right politicians.  Remember back in January when they were saying they had HB 4271 stream-lined through the congress and it would be passed by March?  It is still in committee.  It still hasn't gotten past the first step, let alone been stream-lined through the congress.  

The fact that everything didn't happen the way the dispensary owners thought it would gives me the impression that they don't have the allies within the House they thought they did.  Either that, or they were paying for the wrong allies.  

I keep wondering what is holding it up.  Is it the majority of the committee?  Is it one person?  Is it someone behind the scenes puling the strings (Schuette or Snyder?).  One of the things I always complain about with  term limits is that the staffers start running the government because they're the only ones that have been doing the job for a long time, and they aren't held accountable like the people that get elected are. Our government, in many ways, is being run by employees of the different parties instead of the elected officials.  Could it be anonymous staffers?

It is obvious though that things aren't going the way they were planned.

I wish moving to another state was a option for me guess im just going to have to sit back and just prep myself and have everything ready for when the green light is givin on a state and fed level in my opion will be soon.

My advice would be to save up several million dollars in the meantime so you will be in a position to compete with the other players.

the time  it takes to open up shop and get to grossing $100k/month is roughly 1/10 of the time you spend fighting a case.

I voluntarily closed my disp March 2011.

dang that sucks sorry to hear that well hopefully congress gets there head out of there asses at state and fed level and lets us do what we have to do with this great product

imho, medical cannabis at this time is not a commercial product.

Cannabis is a miracle plant that helps many and I for one am

a incensed by the fact that you plan to move to MI

only to capitalize upon the medical need of others...

HOPING that laws will change and you can make bank.

However compassionate CAREGIVERS, again imo, are an asset to the program.

i agree and hope it stay's like that

ok guess i have to get into more detail so i wont give the wrong impresion. im not only moving to MI to make bank off of this wonder plant i understand all of its medical values i have a relative with cancer who i recomend heavily to that she uses it. Also my wife is a licened accupunterist and eastern medice wich deals with mostly herbs in wich we are going to do a joint buisness if posible. I have been researching and studying this plant for along time so im not just some guy who wants to open up shop and sell pot to make money i do care to help people As well as make money wich nothing is wrong with making money you dont see people giving these giant pharmasutical compines smack about making billions off people by just feeding posion into there system because most of the time these meds side affects are way worse then the symptoms. Also that the non-profit goodwill president makes over 500k a year for running a NON-PROFIT organization so yea if i want to make money by helping people get better and feel good why not. insted of letting these huge corprate industries come in and take over the market and either provide some low grade crap so they can maximize there profit or make it so expensive that regular people cant even affored it. also i hope the laws chnge so people can frelly grow supply and smoke with out having to worry about getting busted and going to jail. so if im willing to put up my own money and start a ligitament buisness then by all means i am going to so before you critisize someone about making money off this go talk to your doctor for making money off you then.

Sorry m3carbon,

There tends to be some animosity towards dispensary interests on this forum.  Some of them have thrown caregivers/patients under the bus repeatedly in public speeches in an attempt to get stores legalized by saying things like homegrowing isn't safe and caregivers bring crime into residential neighborhoods.  Many caregivers and patients are worried that we will lose homegrowing rights in the fight to legalize dispensaries.  You're just experiencing some of the blowback from that rhetoric from no fault of your own.  

Maybe everyone can lighten up a little on m3carbon seeing as he is from out of state and doesn't know anything about the situation in Michigan.  He did come to us for help and information.

Sorry m3carbon,

There tends to be some animosity towards dispensary interests on this forum.  Some of them have thrown caregivers/patients under the bus repeatedly in public speeches in an attempt to get stores legalized by saying things like homegrowing isn't safe and caregivers bring crime into residential neighborhoods.  Many caregivers and patients are worried that we will lose homegrowing rights in the fight to legalize dispensaries.  You're just experiencing some of the blowback from that rhetoric from no fault of your own.  

Maybe everyone can lighten up a little on m3carbon seeing as he is from out of state and doesn't know anything about the situation in Michigan.  He did come to us for help and information.

thanks and i understand the feeling people may have towards this topic i have no issues with homegrown im all for it and i think it should be kept at that level. like if you open a store everything has to be localy provided so we can keep the big coprate america greddy hands off of it. also its ashame that people bash home growers and even care givers if anything they are the best people for this. crime is going to happen no matter what and im sorry if i came across the wrong way to anyone on here i am on your side trust me i am not a millionare with a bunch of money to blow thru i just love the plant and what it dose.