Trouble Obtaining Records

TJ1988

I have severe IBS, Insomnia, Anxiety, and Joint and bone aches from vitimin D deficiantcy.

My problem is, I've tried having a clinic get a copy of my records from my doctor's office, no go, they just ignore, I brought up MMJ with my doctor and they won't recommend it.

This same doctor last month put me on Zoloft which had bad side affects, now she's pushing this Cymbalta on me, saying I need to take it even if they're side effects.

I called my pharmacy and this Cymbalta is $233 for a 30 day script, I can't afford that.

I've been wanting to get my card for well over a year now for my IBS pain and nasea as well as these painful joint and bone aches I have through out the day, often times these keep me up at night.

I know I can get pain managment and posible intestinal healing properties from high CBD cannabis.

What's a guy to do?

I'd really like to change doctors at this point, one, for pushing expenisive and dangerous drugs on me ( the zoloft gave me shortness of breath and other problems)

And because I'd like a phsician that would work with me on this, I want to see how well high CBD cannabis can help with my bowel health and pain as well as the joint and bone pain I expierence.

Edited by TJ1988

Just call your doctors office direct and tell them you need to pick up your doctors notes for the previous(1-5 years) and will pick them in (2-5 days). Tell them you will pay any minor printing fee. usually a buck per page. It is usually 1 page per visit you had. maybe 2.

If they ask why you need them, tell them you need it for your lawyer and the lawyer asked if you could just retrieve your health records yourself to save money. Tends to simply shut them up and your records magically appear.

Those should do it.

I actually hadn't looked at your picture. Thought it was just part of your sig.

I assume your qualifying condition is about a "chronic" issue and a minimum of 6 months history is likely needed. 3 months in certain cases of documented medical history to establish that a condition is "chronic"..

That's good news then, I'll have to call the local clinic.

I've had this for about 18 months now, but I've started seeing the doctor for it over the last few months.

Those should do it.

I actually hadn't looked at your picture. Thought it was just part of your sig.

I assume your qualifying condition is about a "chronic" issue and a minimum of 6 months history is likely needed. 3 months in certain cases of documented medical history to establish that a condition is "chronic"..

my dr. is a lil bit far for me to drive to, I called them and asked if they could fax it to my bank lol, they offer it free,(the bank) they said no Id have to pick them up, than I asked if they could fax them to my brother and that id be going there this weekend, they said yes, I gave them my clinic number, they faxed my records to my mm dr. now ive done it a few times eh? lmao!  I have had 3 dif dr.s in 4 yrs renew me!

I always get a copy of my records now, my primary care dr appt is once every 3 months, so i get 90 days at a time every time I go, I keep a copy for me, and I have a copy for my mm dr.

Best of luck!

Peace

p.s I have over 12 yrs worth of med records at my home now!

If they ask a reason, just say personal use.  I generally tell people to request the records and SIT DOWN in the waiting room.  Don't take this 'the service will be in to copy them a year from Tuesday'.  Just inform them you will be waiting, please copy them between patients.

It is only about 15 pages of records.  Places that use an electronic record can print them by hitting a button.  Be reasonable (ask for the last 3-5 office visits and your problem/med list) and be prepared to give them about an hour to convince themselves that you are not leaving until they are in your hand.

Dr. Bob