Medical Marihuana Review Panel November 14 Public Notice

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara/Medical_Marihuana_Review_Panel_November_2013_Public_Meeting_Notice_436841_7.pdf

Medical Marihuana Review Panel
(517) 335-6557

PUBLIC NOTICE

The Michigan Medical Marihuana Review Panel will meet on the following date to
conduct any business before the panel for consideration:

DAY DATE TIME LOCATION

Thursday 11/14/2013 9:00 AM Ottawa Building
Conference Room 1
Upper Parking Level

Ottawa Building, Conference Room 1
611 West Ottawa Street
Lansing, MI 48933

At this meeting they vote on PTSD and bi polar after a minimal discussion of facts.  At the end of the meeting any interested parties may give brief comments.  It is less than 5 minutes and not so formal as the "public testimony day"...

It will be similar to the meeting you attended a while back.....

note that the location has changed....

Ya know, the literature regarding cannabis tx for bipolar disorder is not compelling. There are not enough legitimate studies either way. What will be necessary is that medicine somehow find ways to establish more conclusively whether or not cannabis is an effective tx. There are those who can speak from personal and anecdotal experience, but there is not a lot in the way of repeatable studies, peer reviewed within the proper medical disciplines and published, that adequately establish the efficacy of the drug for this purpose. Studies that can be used to argue to the contrary are pretty well represented in the literature.

It would appear that cannabis is effective in treating some individuals in some limited aspect of the condition. But there are so many different affectations, some, but not all, of which are not found to respond favorably to cannabis treatment, that leave us at a loss for conclusive argument. In light of that I have to wonder if the effort is worthwhile.

Edited by GregS

I support PTSD being approved as a condition for cannabis use.

as a Combat Veteran i can personally attest to the benificial properties regular cannabis use can offer those who suffer from the life altering symptoms of Post Tramatic Stress.

please support PTSD as a qualifying condition.

saves money for the country...

also offers a physical as well as psycological benifit to the patient by learning to care for a living thing...

growing plants can be very theraputical.

I intend to work my hardest to see it added as a condition....

have you contacted other panel members and asked if they need transportation?

reminded them of the meeting? asked if they needed more scientific studies to review?

asked them if they got a copy of the petition (i remember someone complained in the last panel about not getting a copy...)

nows the time to ask the questions , thanks for helping hayduke! :)

thanks for the info kinda sucks because it works wonders. As soon as I start using it and not my advair and albuterol as much my heart rate stays at a much lower number around 80+ . While using the prescription asthma meds my heart rate is using kicking around 100+ and I am shaking inside all the time. Looks like it almost made it or did I read it wrong?

thanks for the info kinda sucks because it works wonders. As soon as I start using it and not my advair and albuterol as much my heart rate stays at a much lower number around 80+ . While using the prescription asthma meds my heart rate is using kicking around 100+ and I am shaking inside all the time. Looks like it almost made it or did I read it wrong?

It failed almost unanimously.  I was the only vote in favor.  The petition was very very short and did not provide the doctors with evidence to overturn their skepticism about smoking being bad for one's lungs.  When the public testimony was held, almost nobody showed.  Gersh was the lone voice.  Even the petitioner did not show.  

In order to come up again, it would need to be resubmitted, turned down by LARA, and then the petitioning party would need to file a lawsuit in Circuit Court....

heyduke, were you able to verify that all panel members had been given relevent scientific medical evidence to cannabis use for ptsd?

and that all panel members got a copy of the petition?

is there anything else we can do to help?

did everyone write in to the written testimony ?

Edited by t-pain

• 3 weeks later...