Essential Tools Of The Trade

I'd like to share some of the coolest bits I've picked up along the way.

I got this at amazon and its the best 12 bucks I've spent in a long time. absolutely flawless and efficient. get one

post-35225-0-87513200-1382463205_thumb.jpg

it makespost-35225-0-38810900-1382463372_thumb.jpg

from my rolling tray and overages.  I can warm it and press it with a hash press making pucks that are delicious to eat, cook with, or smoke, legally. Its just screened cleaned cannabis folks !

http://www.amazon.com/4-5-Aluminum-Pollen-Shaker/dp/B00AIQN2WO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382485327&sr=8-1&keywords=pollen+sifter

Edited by grassmatch

oh, sorry. it's a pollen shaker, as listed at amazon, for under 13 bucks.

holds about a half ounce of dried crushed bud. freeze and shake towards the bottom, where the 73(?) micron

screen sifts only the finest bits of the plant material for use, leaving behind most of the vegetable matter,

and is dry, ready for use.

I mistakenly omitted the amazon link to the product. I hope this helps. This is not my product, and I do not sell

these on amazon or anywhere else. I do own one and am more than satisfied with every use. I hope you enjoy yours if you

get one

oh you know what, now I feel like I dick. I bet you put the link in, and then it was taken out by admins. My bad man just didn't know if it was designed for cannabis or something else that you turned into that. I see what it does it looks awesome honestly I was hoping you'd reply with what it was. I use a rolling box with a screen on the bottom but this seems like a better way if you're trying to get it all off 

this can be treated exactly like the bubble bag results, but is already dry when made, minimizing mold in the end product. The waxy trichomes of the bud material gather in the catch area and can be warmed, whipped into wax, eaten, cooked directly into foods, candy, etc. It can be further screened for a full melt experience, or just sprinkled into a joint, bowl, or vaporized-my favorite.  This little gem removes most of the prize in the first three minutes of shaking it. A second freezing/shaking will yield some more, but I suspect after that it starts to be more crushed plant material, rather than broken heads.

Its cool man, I figured that's what happened. we all friends, most of the time right.

I own all the goody machines, from cheap to big bucks, and this is used weekly !

when I roll up I prefer one solid sample of one type of strain, freshly plucked from the drying tray.

that's just me. The next roll, first I clean the tray, and dump it into this device, then start over with another chosen strain sample.

In no time at all theres a quarter ounce of clean crushed bud in the can and I'm out of my sift ! voila.

I'll gift my newish hash bags to anyone who needs them in the area. this whips a hash bags donkey. Different micron sizes are available for a finer or coarser sift, but not from the seller, maybe google micron screens if necessary. I used it right out of the box and love it.

peace to the penis' amongst us .. :bong7bp:

oh you know what, now I feel like I penis. I bet you put the link in, and then it was taken out by admins. My bad man just didn't know if it was designed for cannabis or something else that you turned into that. I see what it does it looks awesome honestly I was hoping you'd reply with what it was. I use a rolling box with a screen on the bottom but this seems like a better way if you're trying to get it all off 

So, where is the link to the person who didn't go to jail for kief after the Carruthers decision?  I don't see how this is any safer than oil from a LEO viewpoint?

I thought the root of the matter is they don't consider the resin plant matter.  How then is pure resin okay?

crumbled cleaned cannabis bud is legal. think about it. run your herb through a screen and smoke the finer parts.. its sift.

there is no case of anyone being cited for having a card and a few grams of shake.

"keif" is not pure resin. it is broken up small bits of cannabis herb and its dried flowers. The resin resides inside of the waxy trichome heads that you melt and vaporize everytime you lite and inhale. Chemical extraction of this oil has ALWAYS been illegal, but the courts decided recently that the result of the chemical extracted resin is not covered by the act. 

Sifting cannabis is no more an extraction than pinching it with your fingers to gain a workable finer product.

hope this helps

How does a police officer prove that kief is not flower or leaf when it is chock full of both?

This is just a question; I am not arguing with your interpretation of Carruthers.

I guess I am confusing kief and dry-sift.   When I look at what comes out of my tumbler under the microscope,  I see trichs, resin heads, and the occasional pistil.  I would think if you are seeing lots of flower or leaves you are overprocessing the flowers.  I tumble for about 20 mins, after that I start getting a lot of plant material.  

If you are going to have bits of flower in the sift, why bother sifting?  Just grind the bud up in a coffee grinder or something?

You've probably seen it with hash bags also. Its just an agitation of the plant material to separate the finer bits from the larger ones. The trichomes break off of their stalks and are filtered through a screen of a micron size that's suitable to your needs. Some like 100 micron, some like 71, and some even finer.

The dry ice, water, or ice cubes are there to cool the finer bits of the bud so they break up easily and fall through the screen, hash bag, or sifter. the process will work with no water or ice, just not as efficiently. think about your grinder space case, with the micron screen on the bottom, it does catch, just not much.

YOu are looking at a pile of the sifted material in my pic. It works well. I'm just glad I'm not trying to sell it, I'd have a new arse torn by now, hehe

This looks interesting, but the only way I've seen this done is with dry ice. Is freezing the material in a freezer enough to get the kief? 

dry sift is keif. you are doing it right sir ! 20 minutes @ micron size of ?  just curious

I guess I am confusing kief and dry-sift.   When I look at what comes out of my tumbler under the microscope,  I see trichs, resin heads, and the occasional pistil.  I would think if you are seeing lots of flower or leaves you are overprocessing the flowers.  I tumble for about 20 mins, after that I start getting a lot of plant material.  

If you are going to have bits of flower in the sift, why bother sifting?  Just grind the bud up in a coffee grinder or something?

post-35225-0-51768500-1382741027_thumb.jpgThis one goes often with the above. It's the simplest maybe oldest form of herbal extraction I know of. The traditional coffee pot is a really good choice for making teas with our favorite herbs, and fresh medicated whipped cream is a treat on top. Sometimes I add juniper berries if they're in season, or a little nutmeg, and even top my coffee grounds with my herb and brew. 

The effects are strong, and I only use buds in mine. I don't grind the bud, but gently crush the  dried bud

I no handicraft, but I do go through picks often, and with free ones a fresh one is always nearby.

this next one is awesome. I changed the thermostat inside to match the temperature I needed. It comes ready to distill water @ 212, and I required a little less to make spirits. Boiled gallon potato water, couple pounds of sugar, and some yeast for 10 days or so and poured into this, run for an hour, makes one quart of 150, four 150 quarts run again results in one quart of 199 !

It is the finest way to make brandi's, vodka, and gin when finished through juniper berries. The dark purple ones have more of the piney flavor than the reds.

That flavor is the same terpene that gives marijuana strains the piney flavor/smell. Its called Pinene.

post-35225-0-09156400-1383266045_thumb.jpg

Edited by grassmatch

attachicon.gifpercs.jpgThis one goes often with the above. It's the simplest maybe oldest form of herbal extraction I know of. The traditional coffee pot is a really good choice for making teas with our favorite herbs, and fresh medicated whipped cream is a treat on top. Sometimes I add juniper berries if they're in season, or a little nutmeg, and even top my coffee grounds with my herb and brew. 

The effects are strong, and I only use buds in mine. I don't grind the bud, but gently crush the  dried bud

You do realize that most active cannabinoids are not water soluble, right?  They aren't extracted by hot water.

The active constituents do not need to be "soluble" to extract them into the hot water. Wax melts under hot water, plant parts dissolve, and the oil is left with no protection(waxy trichome heads) and easily fall into the results. I assure you that steaming hot water run through cannabis will result in a head flight stone. Oil is the key, think about the oils in coffee, rising to the top of your cup...where might they have come from ?  

. I use this to do the same thing with perfume, flowers, for the valuable terpenes, oil separation, and wicked hydrosols.  Its the oldest form of extraction known to man, it works.

post-35225-0-21588000-1383480133_thumb.gif

water is the universal solvent

of course for a different experience one could add a pat of butter or a squirt of hemp oil to the mix. In the privacy of your own kitchen there are little worries of the butter police.  

Edited by grassmatch

I know of tribes and schmucks that use cold water to extract the non active ingredients like chlorophyll, etc, from cannabis in order to concentrate the active ones in the vegetable material, resulting in a much more potent stash, one that tastes like dung, is usually compressed. a popular technique used by subpar product holders

• 2 weeks later...