Essential Tools Of The Trade

• 10 months later...

GOJO !!!! (not a spam style product plug, but a real life use recommendation from an avid cannabis trimmer)

although not plant based, this mechanic soap really does remove the sticky trim hazards from delicate fingertips. Its soft, effective, gentle, and doesn't stink like rubbing alcohol. I used to use plant based soaps, like limonene, some pumice etc, but find this soap better for my needs.

• 4 months later...

I use the shaker weekly. A stone will break up leafy material, not interested in that stuff. I actually sift lightly to avoid it. the little waste bothers me not.  I really is just rolling tray scraps going in there once in awhile as needed.  freezing the shaker with the contents facilitates a quick efficient trichome break.  I examine my shaked under the the  digi micro and see the broken/missing trichomes when finished. after a little exp I know when to discard and throw it away. theoretically a stone would reduce the contents to nothing if shaken long enough.

I love that little thing big time.

I use the shaker weekly. A stone will break up leafy material, not interested in that stuff. I actually sift lightly to avoid it. the little waste bothers me not.  I really is just rolling tray scraps going in there once in awhile as needed.  freezing the shaker with the contents facilitates a quick efficient trichome break.  I examine my shaked under the the  digi micro and see the broken/missing trichomes when finished. after a little exp I know when to discard and throw it away. theoretically a stone would reduce the contents to nothing if shaken long enough.

I love that little thing big time.

Thread started in 2013, the aluminum pollen shaker is no longer available on Amazon nor could I find anything with a quick googlin'. Amazon has only a plastic version which I don't want.

What about people who would shake some buds then sell them? Not pointing any fingers, just thinking about what could be happening. 

Could be?  A friend back in NY has a work buddy who gets it shipped from cali, I think it's all these ads you see spammed on sites of og-$3??/oz. etc., and he said he smoked it, it looked good and smelled ok but really didn't do anything. I speculated if they are taking cc and shipping all over the country, ya, there probably kiefing it  for oil/ hashmedibles to the local dispense and are shipping all over the country the spent/ half potency buds.

who puts buds into a shaker? its trash to stash, or rolling tray fodder, already ground up for the occasion.

I first learned how to make oil when I saw someone stealing thc this way with butane. Its very obvious to all but the inexperienced that a bud has been chemically stripped. They sell those big agitators shake pounds at a time, but this little device holds a quarter oz and getting the lids on and off are tiring, once a week shake is my max.

"learned how to make oil" deserves a closer look. a plastic tube, with his buds inside, open blasted behind the garage, that's what I learned. then I learned doing it to ground shake was way more efficient to get the oil. the result of a proper blast leaves no desired compounds, instead a puck of hay. probably immature users buying that dudes post blast...didn't know any better. its odorlss, tasteless and give up nothing but oxygen deprivation. maybe good in capsules for some

Shhhhh! That's a secret!

The idea first popped into my head when I heard of an arrest where a guy had two ounces of bud and another bag of kief stashed separately. I've been into cannabis for a long long time and have seen so many scams that my mind always goes there. One time I witnessed a guy trying to pass off hops as cannabis buds. 

The idea first popped into my head when I heard of an arrest where a guy had two ounces of bud and another bag of kief stashed separately. I've been into cannabis for a long long time and have seen so many scams that my mind always goes there. One time I witnessed a guy trying to pass off hops as cannabis buds. 

I've known commercial growers in the past that would screen the buds for the kief and then sell both. The kief actually screens better with only gentle shaking so the buds stay intact.

• 1 month later...