Mmmj Patients Rights

you are right, sort of. but when you have used(possess, drive, sleep, travel with, store at home, etc) cannabis, and possess a firearm, you are committing a felony. When you purchase a new one, you will be denied unless you lie, on a federal form, punishable by law. We voluntarily relinquish our right to possess a firearm when we choose to possess and use cannabis, according to the feds.

stay safe though, and eat well !

you are right, sort of. but when you have used(possess, drive, sleep, travel with, store at home, etc) cannabis, and possess a firearm, you are committing a felony. When you purchase a new one, you will be denied unless you lie, on a federal form, punishable by law. We voluntarily relinquish our right to possess a firearm when we choose to possess and use cannabis, according to the feds.

stay safe though, and eat well !

Marijuana is legal in Mi. Therefore you are not lie'n when you ck the box are you are using illegal drugs. you can ck NO. Because it is legal in MI. Our ForeFathers fought hard for our Firearms Ownership. FYI, I have'nt ever run into LEO while hunting in over 40 yrs. We now have a fudge factor for Driving With Cannibis in our systems. Are they gonna require a drug test before you get a hunting license. Fed law Can't trump State Law. So Registered Patients do have gun ownership legally.

that's right Pain, and when you tell the truth about your marijuana use it will be illegal for the vendor to sell you a firearm.  BUT the Federal Gov says you are wrong about----You cannot check NO legally, for any reason if you do actually use or grow or distribute marijuana, regardless of the legality in Michigan. There is no disclaimer allowing you to misrepresent just because its legal in your state. The feds do not recognize marijuana permissions we have.

I've paid an attorney for my information. You are not protected from prosecution under federal law for A) firearms and illegal scheduled drugs(federally defined, like marijuana, ecstasy etc) B) if you lie on a federal form with the intention of procuring a firearm.

FEDS WIN, sorry.

A conflict exists if a party cannot comply with both state law and federal law (for example, if state law forbids something that federal law requires).  The US Constitution includes what is called the “Supremacy Clause,” which says that the US Constitution, federal laws and US treaties negotiated with our countries are superior to state laws. Therefore, when a state and federal law explicitly conflict, the state law cannot be enforced. This happens when a state law expressly permits an action that the federal law expressly forbids. However, the opposite is not true. States have a right to impose more responsibility on their residents, and a state law can prohibit marijuana even if federal law permits it.

You are right when you say "Ownership" but very much wrong if you mean to say "Possession".

that's right Pain, and when you tell the truth about your marijuana use it will be illegal for the vendor to sell you a firearm.  BUT the Federal Gov says you are wrong about----You cannot check NO legally, for any reason if you do actually use or grow or distribute marijuana, regardless of the legality in Michigan. There is no disclaimer allowing you to misrepresent just because its legal in your state. The feds do not recognize marijuana permissions we have.

I've paid an attorney for my information. You are not protected from prosecution under federal law for A) firearms and illegal scheduled drugs(federally defined, like marijuana, ecstasy etc) B) if you lie on a federal form with the intention of procuring a firearm.

FEDS WIN, sorry.

A conflict exists if a party cannot comply with both state law and federal law (for example, if state law forbids something that federal law requires).  The US Constitution includes what is called the “Supremacy Clause,” which says that the US Constitution, federal laws and US treaties negotiated with our countries are superior to state laws. Therefore, when a state and federal law explicitly conflict, the state law cannot be enforced. This happens when a state law expressly permits an action that the federal law expressly forbids. However, the opposite is not true. States have a right to impose more responsibility on their residents, and a state law can prohibit marijuana even if federal law permits it.

You are right when you say "Ownership" but very much wrong if you mean to say "Possession".

Dang, here we go again, An Uncarded Person has More Rights then a Carded Patient. Back to the 70's underground is the word. 

thinking about it some more and it would seem that a stoned hunter with a gun could even reflect on our marijuana act, or even gun rights abound, by causing a court judgment not yet considered in either. who would have thought that "no headlights" would have led to "No Cannabis Extracts" in our state ! Cannabis extracts are paramount to our entire medical movement, and now its stalled. This affects many with cancers, ms, children with seizures, parkinsons sufferers etc.We have to be more responsible with our rights, so as not to negatively affect our brothers and sisters for our selfishness. Especially in areas that we have clear choices about. Poor guy didn't know his lights were off/suspended license, but a stoned hunter is well aware of the marijuana gun laws.

just an opinion, no judgment here man. be safe

Lawmakers fix this. I bleed for this Country (Combat Vet. W/Purple Heart). Because i use Cannabis to relieve Pain and PTSD. It ain't right i can't hunt for my food, protect my family and home with a Firearm, Is this country turning into Nazi Germany?  

Turning into ?

That boat already sailed on September 11 2001.

thank you for your service ! lawmakers are the enemies we vote into place. You can fix it by removing all who are not enacting the will of the people.

Lawmakers fix this. I bleed for this Country (Combat Vet. W/Purple Heart). Because i use Cannabis to relieve Pain and PTSD. It ain't right i can't hunt for my food, protect my family and home with a Firearm, Is this country turning into Nazi Germany?  

Marijuana is legal in Mi. Therefore you are not lie'n when you ck the box are you are using illegal drugs. you can ck NO. Because it is legal in MI. Our ForeFathers fought hard for our Firearms Ownership. FYI, I have'nt ever run into LEO while hunting in over 40 yrs. We now have a fudge factor for Driving With Cannibis in our systems. Are they gonna require a drug test before you get a hunting license. Fed law Can't trump State Law. So Registered Patients do have gun ownership legally.

Yeah, but the form you're filling out is a federal form and according to the feds MMJ is illegal.

As far as I know, nobody has been arrested for this.  There as been accessory crimes tacked on though in relation to firearms.