Defending The Guilty

trichcycler

I am at my wits end supporting all those who didn't support themselves with their own common sense. I have to wonder if the gun rights activists step up with cash to defend the guys that forgot to renew a ccw, maybe transporting an untagged deer, or leaving their ammo and guns out for children to find....if a court case threatens to remove more gun rights?

It sure doesn't seem like the law gives two hoots about what we do, until we break the law mostly. Set up shop, sell to passerby's, farmers markets, a "little smoke in my pipe for the ride", unauthorized people transporting cannabis/pants, driving illegal vehicles, "forgot my permits at home" , and the hundreds of other excuses I've read.

Now I would still find them all innocent at a jury trial, but unfortunately these defendants plea to a lesser charge in most of these cases, leading to a systematic dismantling of our Act. In the mean time we offer what seems to be basic common sense to our brothers and sisters, but weekly they drop the ball. I would think our efforts would be better spent in education, instead of ignorance defense funds. The people that "forgot" to follow the law will only learn, and maybe at that, AFTER the fact, and AFTER our act is further restricted.

A preemptive strike against ignorance seems like it might do better than pouring out hard earned cash to someone who forgot to put stink socks on their exhaust, leaving us with a flavor like "he's going to jail because of no stink sock" mantras, and nobody should be jailed for cannabis, no matter how stupid their behavior.

Then when good folks try to re remind readers of basic responsibilities, and real simple laws, many jump in and scold the redundancy of the information. Its as if many start at the bottom of what is necessary, to grow, to provide, to be high, to transport, to register, to remain legal, and let the law pick up the slack when they're caught. 

We continue to support this behavior while ignoring the real cause we're supporting. When we pay for defense of a guy who thought 600 clones in his 200 foot greenhouse was covered, or the one who was following the law, except for those mushrooms he was growing, or those 25 unregistered guns in his closet he thought was no big deal, what are we actually supporting here?

People look into the program and see we raise hundreds of thousands of dollars to defend the small percentage of people who just cant seem to get it together while breaking the law.

I'll continue to support those people, in a quasi hypocritical way, because I am a sheep and don't know what else to do with all my money, but I think that common sense cannot be instilled, and would not be surprised if many I support will not be running another beg-a-thon  in the near future.  some people missed out on the only year that taught common sense. "Most of us learned everything we need to know in kindergarten" I heard.

People are dying in prison for growing a plant, mothers are losing their babies, our country has hidden possible cures/treatments from us for a hundred years in the name of profit, while others forget to lock the door, or do a plant count every day. Some people have stories never told, while others brag of their ignorance and continue to bring our medical marijuana movement to a halt. After so many patriots for so many years have fought tougher wars than us to bring this plant to light, now they see us slowly ripping it apart with ignorance, pride, and just plain dumbassedness, while we blame the law. Maybe we could just give legal weed a chance?

Seems as long as they let just anybody grow medicine for sale to the public, there will be serious consequences to pay. Some of these growers can't remember to complete daily tasks in their life, and scoff at the most important ones. They decide for themselves how much poison is safe for their patients, which nutrients are not chocked full of heavy metals, and regularly believe that mold spores are trichomes !  Its very difficult to maintain a legal patient registry for these folks, as you can imagine, and guess where their substandard weed gets marketed..........markets, dispensaries, clubs, etc, where the sickest, oldest of us may have gone to procure our medicine.

but we'll continue to support them in their grow follies, with some hope that giving away money will gel our current rights unchanged, but the reality is that these lawless people will continue to folly, as repeat offenders, according to our legal history, and also will continue to result in further imposed restriction, more jail time and broken families.

way to go representing folks, keep u the good work.

Is there just one person arrested and jailed for growing their legal amounts of plants,legal cannabis weight, in a legal room, with legal occupants, no illegal sales, no unregistered firearms, no outstanding warrants, no prior drug convictions, no domestic violence, no buddy thefts ??

I've never heard of any that I recall, but surely they would receive my full support.

the flaw in your argument is that a person with an expired ccw is generally in good health.

whereas a medical marijuana patient maybe disabled or unable to undertake some tasks by themselves.

or even be under the influence and cannot drive themselves.

in which case, someone driving them + their plants sounds like an acceptable thing.

also ccw permits are issued (what i assume is) in a short time period. so its much easier to have a non-expired card.

LARA cannot issue cards on time. its a fact. a change of cg card can take months, because there is no time limit in the law for them to issue a change.

cooperative growing amongst husband and wife is not clearly illegal in the MMMA. you show me where in the MMMA collective posession is. i'm serious. its not even in the MCL anywhere. that was something made in case law. where is the case law compiled and printed? its not? then how can you expect regular people to follow the law, if the law isnt clear and the only clarification is case law? of which a ton of it isnt even accessable without a lexis nexis or other membership.

people v blysma:

In People v Wolfe, this Court articulated basic principles regarding the possession
of controlled substances:
A person need not have actual physical possession of a controlled
substance to be guilty of possessing it. Possession may be either actual or
constructive. People v Harper, 365 Mich 494, 506-507; 113 NW2d 808
(1962), cert den 371 US 930 (1962); see also People v Mumford, 60 Mich
App 279, 282-283; 230 NW2d 395 (1975). Likewise, possession may be
found even when the defendant is not the owner of recovered narcotics. Id.
See also People v Germaine, 234 Mich 623, 627; 208 NW 705 (1926).
Moreover, possession may be joint, with more than one person actually or
constructively possessing a controlled substance. Id. See also People v
Williams, 188 Mich App 54, 57; 469 NW2d 4 (1991).[36]

has anybody ever read those cases?

where can i read them?

people v germaine

people v williams

people v harper

people v wolfe

people v mumford

you can blame the victim all you want.

but a lot of people were following common sense. the letter of the law. the plain meaning of the words.

the supreme court is the one not following the law. the plain meaning of the words.

heres another fun fact. the law only allows you to move your plants once.

get kicked out of your apartment? too bad, cant move those plants again.

Edited by t-pain

collective posession is insane.

heres an example:

grandpa's not at home.

i'm in grandpa's home watching tv.

grandpa has a prescription for oxycontin, a controlled substance.

just being in his house, i'm in posession of a controlled substance without a prescription and i am in violation of the law.

in fact, its worse in the case of a husband and wife , both patients, growing together.

its like husband had oxycontin prescription, and wife had vicodin, and because both of thier bottles are next to each other in the medicine cabinet, they are posessing each others prescriptions, thus in violation of the law. they had 'dominion and control' of each others bottles, no?

does that make sense to you?

hah. now i'm wondering if a husband and wife can keep their usable marijuana in the same room or even the same house?

the flaw in your argument is that a person with an expired ccw is generally in good health.

whereas a medical marijuana patient maybe disabled or unable to undertake some tasks by themselves.

or even be under the influence and cannot drive themselves.

in which case, someone driving them + their plants sounds like an acceptable thing.

also ccw permits are issued (what i assume is) in a short time period. so its much easier to have a non-expired card.

LARA cannot issue cards on time. its a fact. a change of cg card can take months, because there is no time limit in the law for them to issue a change.

cooperative growing amongst husband and wife is not clearly illegal in the MMMA. you show me where in the MMMA collective posession is. i'm serious. its not even in the MCL anywhere. that was something made in case law. where is the case law compiled and printed? its not? then how can you expect regular people to follow the law, if the law isnt clear and the only clarification is case law? of which a ton of it isnt even accessable without a lexis nexis or other membership.

people v blysma:

has anybody ever read those cases?

where can i read them?

people v germaine

people v williams

people v harper

people v wolfe

people v mumford

you can blame the victim all you want.

but a lot of people were following common sense. the letter of the law. the plain meaning of the words.

the supreme court is the one not following the law. the plain meaning of the words.

heres another fun fact. the law only allows you to move your plants once.

get kicked out of your apartment? too bad, cant move those plants again.

Thanks for the post 

Thats how we went down because when we got to Court they charged us both with 21 plants = 42 plants how is that even fair for anyone

have you also read people vs Brown that is how they can get a warrant for just the smelling Cannabis coming from your home