Will Dispensaries Employ The Services Of Good Caregivers In Our Future?

trichcycler

Dispensaries are currently purchasing from caregivers. What may change is that they will want to have operations "in house".

In that case they will need experienced growers. How will they know who's experienced and who can provide a steady supply of quality meds?

That is shaking out right now as we type.

Is it fair? No, probably not, but as I've seen, sitting on the sidelines waiting for things to be all legal and safe does not benefit oneself.

Look at the dispensaries up and running in A2 with the city councils blessing. Did they wait patiently? Nope, jumped right in and were rewarded with being grandfathered in, then the caps came and if you weren't one of the first to open you are out of luck.

Same thing in Ypsi.

And those who are participating in that have only the AD to fall back on. They have chosen that risk.

I can't believe the question that starts this topic was even asked.

No they won't.  They will import it from their own grow operations in California and Colorado just like many are doing right now.  Why pay for something that you are growing?

I don't know why anyone would import MJ across state lines if they could get good quality MJ here in Michigan for whatever purposes they might use it for.

Importing makes no sense logistically because of the added threat of being arrested while crossing borders and the cost of transporting longer distances ruins cost effectiveness.

Getting a MJ supply locally would be the only way to go for dispensaries, the government or anyone else.

Yep, from floor sweepers to investors, managers, many types are needed to perform the duties within a successful business. I am glad they saw it fit to offer you a job. Michigan Works !!

LOL so true

i have been offered a job at one sweeping the floor   taking out the trash and so on can't wait to start my new Job after my in-depth knowledge of there operations 

That a group of people can all be connected through the registration process, an indeed is a model of some centers.

That's old news. If reports are accurate, the bunch that was busted last week had a chain going on. There are plenty of others. Not that it is in and of itself illegal, but it is an option.

That a group of people can all be connected through the registration process, an indeed is a model of some centers.

But that is a pretty poor model.  A basic rule of statutory interpretation is that every word in the statute means something.  So if someone thinks that "for assisting a qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process"  somehow means that all CGs are connected to all patients via the registration process, then they are headed for disaster.  If all CGs were connected to all patients automatically because they registered in the same database, then the quoted phrase would have no meaning in the law; it would be useless, extra, redundant language.

So it is certain that patients and CGs will be in the same database but are not "connected."

Exploring this a little further, if a CG is connected to every patient simply because they are in the same database, then a CG could possess 2.5 oz for each patient in the database, meaning he could have about 250,000 oz of usable marijuana, or 15,625 POUNDS.

Obviously, this is a dead-end approach.

Edited by Highlander

post-35225-0-68361600-1383163322_thumb.jpgYou've misunderstood. Without shredding the thread imagine this. I have five patients......better yet, dig this graphic for a better understanding.

If you are in the middle there, as a cg with five registered patients, of course it would be silly to believe you have the right to possess anymore than the law already allows, or transfer to more than the five registered patient. However, now the group has a different approach, within the law, to guarantee an uninterrupted supply of meds anytime. I worked this way exclusively a few years ago with an alternative cancer treatment group. It was like a revolving door of patients, who had patients, each procuring their limits and helping their own patients with the supply line. hope you sorta get it now, but its not necessary.

peace

But that is a pretty poor model.  A basic rule of statutory interpretation is that every word in the statute means something.  So if someone thinks that "for assisting a qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process"  somehow means that all CGs are connected to all patients via the registration process, then they are headed for disaster.  If all CGs were connected to all patients automatically because they registered in the same database, then the quoted phrase would have no meaning in the law; it would be useless, extra, redundant language.

So it is certain that patients and CGs will be in the same database but are not "connected."

Exploring this a little further, if a CG is connected to every patient simply because they are in the same database, then a CG could possess 2.5 oz for each patient in the database, meaning he could have about 250,000 oz of usable marijuana, or 15,625 POUNDS.

But the McQueen decision tells us that the SC has correctly interpreted the law using proper grammar with the conclusion that if you are a patient, then your conduct with MMJ must be for the purpose of alleviating YOUR condition. And if you are a CG then your conduct with MMJ must be for the purpose of alleviating YOUR patient's condition.

There is no section 4 protection for a CG transferring MMJ for the purpose of alleviating his patient's patient's condition.

Believe it or not all of the ones that are still up and running do hang their Hat on just as you say and if someone went to a Lawyer to open on up first they will take you $$$ about 5,000 to 7,000 grand and say yes i can argue that for you

The problem is that if you transfer meds to one of your PTs, and you know that the PT is going to transfer those same meds to another PT, you're breaking the law.......and the Feds can tack on conspiracy charges.

I never had a pt say they were gonna do that and expect I never will. They know that. If some dummass tries it, by golly, they will certainly run into trouble, IF I were to know anything about it.

Nah

Edited by GregS

If there is still a dispensary operating here in Michigan after the recent court decision, they're either crazy or they've got a lot more guts than I do.

Are you in another state? Maybe the U.P.?

What do you mean if?

They are operating in the open with cities blessing. I can count 20 in A2 and Ypsi alone.

The city council wants them here and they will remain here until legal. Operating under the radar in the open.

What do you mean if?

They are operating in the open with cities blessing. I can count 20 in A2 and Ypsi alone.

The city council wants them here and they will remain here until legal. Operating under the radar in the open.

Please don't confuse lucky with right.

Dr. Bob

The law comes after us for every little thing nit picking us to death break a branch off and your a felon over you plant count..  I cleaned out my grinder today did i commit a felony by doing so or have I been committing a felony all along with the keif the grinder accumulates?  I have carpal tunnel and arthritis in my joints in my hand.  That grinder help me facilitate the medical use of marijuana, is that not part of the act.  Just like i need help with many things in the growing process doe to my medical condition, basically anything physical raising or lowering my lights.  Am i allowed to have someone other than my care giver assist me with those needs?

What do you mean if?

"They are operating in the open with cities blessing. I can count 20 in A2 and Ypsi alone."

But NOT with the STATE'S or the FEDERAL government's blessing.

And until the state legalizes them they can still be raided and shut down, and if the feds choose to, even after the state approves them.

And yes, I live in another state... the state of Bliss...

The state just ignores the dispensary's openly thumbing there nose at the mi supreme court but i have to worry about forgetting to lock a door and thus committing a felon burns me up sometimes.

Everyone, and I mean everyone, is a potential felon with this "law". Make no mistake about it. If you are in the "program" you are a potential felon..

We felons are well aware of the risks we take to provide patients and ourselves with the greatest ancient herbal remedy known to man!

I believe mechanical screening and cleaning your herb to remove the large bits is a legally accepted rudimentary cannabis cleaning technique, leaving you with just pure ground up flowers for ease of use.