Will Dispensaries Employ The Services Of Good Caregivers In Our Future?

trichcycler

your allowed to clean your cannabis paraphernalia from your home without repercussions.

the COA description of cannabis follows the intent of the brownies creator...

a person at home cleaning their grinder should not fear anything.. particularly a felony for cleaning your pipe or grinder.

a person supplying brownies or any other cannabis related item to a dispensary should however.  they are involved in questionable behavior and should be aware of the risks.

if you need help with your personal grow because you are not able to complete the tasks involved then you must hire one caregiver to help you. 

the act clearly protects you so long as either you keep your plants and the caregiver comes to your facility or they keep your plants and you go to them... either way the law says only one person can register to help you.

if they have your plants and you want to go help them at there facility while learning...thats ok... so long as your plants are locked and kept separate from any one else's cannabis including the caregivers own.

my personal opinion is that dispensaries will acquire there cannabis wherever they can get the best quality for the best price...

it will be a product of margins like any other commodity.  many dispensaries will be evil and import it from cheap outsources... and isn't that ok? our entire capitalistic approach to value as Americans has shifted to operate that way..ship it to china or Mexico to build it but assemble it here..

eventually they will solve this dilemma

i propose a bunch of private sector cannabis resale sampling facilities (with proper legislative oversight) where you as a grower submit your cannabis for inspection - and it is tested-quantified and then you pay a tax to get a stamp where that package of cannabis is then sealed for redistribution.

JUST LIKE TOBACCO.

a simple tax stamp on a sealed product would solve many of the concerns our legislators cry about when it comes to distribution networks....

and then very similar to any vegetable you don't EVER need a stamp to grow your own.. only to sell any.. even one gram.. every amount could be easily sealed in a proofed container.. stamped.. sealed.. and then distributed under the producers label to any legal establishment authorized to resell the commodity.

Edited by mibrains

What?  You mean you have to have a separate locked room for each set of plants, veg and flower?  Now that's getting really obstructive!  So if I go on vaca I would have to have each individual patient come over and water their own plants and who could go in my room to water mine?  I'm thinking that some politicians just outright don't want us to grow and are being obstructionists.  How many other medications make you jump thru such hoops. If we are not to be treated differently how come we even need a state registered card for our meds?(which is a joke because we ARE being treated differently from procurement points, to traveling, to smell, etc)

The price of pot should be much higher just from the regulations.  Me not vacationing is a large cost!

your allowed to clean your cannabis paraphernalia from your home without repercussions.

the COA description of cannabis follows the intent of the brownies creator...

a person at home cleaning their grinder should not fear anything.. particularly a felony for cleaning your pipe or grinder.

a person supplying brownies or any other cannabis related item to a dispensary should however.  they are involved in questionable behavior and should be aware of the risks.

if you need help with your personal grow because you are not able to complete the tasks involved then you must hire one caregiver to help you. 

the act clearly protects you so long as either you keep your plants and the caregiver comes to your facility or they keep your plants and you go to them... either way the law says only one person can register to help you.

if they have your plants and you want to go help them at there facility while learning...thats ok... so long as your plants are locked and kept separate from any one else's cannabis including the caregivers own.

my personal opinion is that dispensaries will acquire there cannabis wherever they can get the best quality for the best price...

it will be a product of margins like any other commodity.  many dispensaries will be evil and import it from cheap outsources... and isn't that ok? our entire capitalistic approach to value as Americans has shifted to operate that way..ship it to china or Mexico to build it but assemble it here..

eventually they will solve this dilemma

i propose a bunch of private sector cannabis resale sampling facilities (with proper legislative oversight) where you as a grower submit your cannabis for inspection - and it is tested-quantified and then you pay a tax to get a stamp where that package of cannabis is then sealed for redistribution.

JUST LIKE TOBACCO.

a simple tax stamp on a sealed product would solve many of the concerns our legislators cry about when it comes to distribution networks....

and then very similar to any vegetable you don't EVER need a stamp to grow your own.. only to sell any.. even one gram.. every amount could be easily sealed in a proofed container.. stamped.. sealed.. and then distributed under the producers label to any legal establishment authorized to resell the commodity.

Edited by Norby

no other prescriptions are currently schedule 1.

yes

according to the current protections from arrest under section 4- only you or your patient can have access to the plants.  it does not matter what stage of growth (veg-flower-clones-seedlings) they are in so long as your amount is 12 total plants or less per registered patient.

much like someone stated above...no one enters my facility but me.

its just better that way..

and by the way.. whats a vacation?  never heard of that. :)

The law comes after us for every little thing nit picking us to death break a branch off and your a felon over you plant count..  I cleaned out my grinder today did i commit a felony by doing so or have I been committing a felony all along with the keif the grinder accumulates?  I have carpal tunnel and arthritis in my joints in my hand.  That grinder help me facilitate the medical use of marijuana, is that not part of the act.  Just like i need help with many things in the growing process doe to my medical condition, basically anything physical raising or lowering my lights.  Am i allowed to have someone other than my care giver assist me with those needs?

Thanks for your opinion i do agree but the way Leo is nit picking and the way the Courts are reading the Law no one is allowed to help out in the grow room other then you and your caregiver 

thats how they got us and it's sad know one knew back in 2008 that Leo and the Courts would fight so hard to keep the money flowing in there pockets 

"I'm thinking that some politicians just outright don't want us to grow and are being obstructionists." 

If the pols in Lansing, both Dems and Repubs, could have had their way, the MMM Act would NEVER have been allowed into law back when it was voted into place by the people of Michigan. 

"I'm thinking that some politicians just outright don't want us to grow and are being obstructionists." 

If the pols in Lansing, both Dems and Repubs, could have had their way, the MMM Act would NEVER have been allowed into law back when it was voted into place by the people of Michigan. 

Ya that was sarcasm.  I'm thinking there needs to be a third party.  Or a new initiative that removes most of the penalties so that we ARE treated like anyone else with a less harmful medication than opiates, valium, caffiene, alcohol, cigarettes and the like.  Something that actually makes sense as to the scale of risk w/ each drug.  I guess that would be asking a lot, for politicians to be realistic.  Pipe dream I guess.

OOPS, forgot to add aspirin to that list.

Edited by Norby

But back on topic, laws and people who break the law will decide it.  If it's allowed there'll probably be Uraguayan  meds at, let's see, $1/gram + shipping and tariffs and markup:) There'll be some who ship from Cali and Colorado and try to skirt the laws if it's not allowed.  There'll be some Michigan only etc. till the people decide what they want.  It's not about us it's about all of us.  The people should be able to choose what suits them pricewise, qualitywise, potency, strains, grower etc.

Personally, I like local and knowing what I'm supporting in my choices.

I would like to view the legislation that requires a caregiver to separate each group of twelve plants per their patient destination.

with a limit of 72 understood with 5+1 patients.

its as simple as the only person who can have access to the cannabis is the patient or the caregiver and no one else.

(d) There shall be a presumption that a qualifying patient or primary caregiver is engaged in the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act if the qualifying patient or primary caregiver:

(1) is in possession of a registry identification card; and

(2) is in possession of an amount of marihuana that does not exceed the amount allowed under this act. The presumption may be rebutted by evidence that conduct related to marihuana was not for the purpose of alleviating the qualifying patient's debilitating medical condition or symptoms associated with the debilitating medical condition, in accordance with this act.

if you allow as a caregiver a patient into your grow and you have more cannabis plants there than that patients 12 plants then you have violated section 4 and are subject to arrest.  Then you become subject to a section 8 defense to prove why its would be ok...since it would not be for the benefit of medical use for the patient to be near another patients plants...

should it be this way? absolutely not.. but thats not the question.

the short answer (and section 4 safe answer) is to not allow the patient in the caregivers facility unless there are only 12 plants present.

yes Norbit it seem like the bad apple conundrum is at work here... people want more.. and no matter how many times they get asked to be patient and follow the rules.. they dont want to.. on the flip side i feel like its about time everyone realized cannabis can free the Mind, body and spirit and should be used..by everyone at some point or another in their lives.

Opinion #7259

It isn't the "law"; but it has the effect of Law until a court says otherwise.

" Like,... that's just your opinion, man."

A primary caregiver is expressly limited to assisting no more than five patients, MCL 333.26426(d), and the primary caregiver must also keep each patient's plants in an "enclosed, locked facility." MCL 333.26424(b)(2). Further, because the MMMA only authorizes a patient to have 12 marihuana plants at any given time, primary caregivers assisting more than one patient must keep each patient's plants segregated and in a separate enclosed, locked facility. Looking again at the definition of "enclosed, locked facility," given the use of the singular "a" as discussed above, and the disjunctive term "or" between "registered primary caregiver" and "qualifying patient," confirms that only the registered primary caregiver may have access to the facility containing the individual patient's plants. MCL 333.26423©. See Paris Meadows, LLC v City of Kentwood, 287 Mich App 136, 148; 783 NW2d 133 (2010) ("In general, 'or' is a disjunctive term, indicating a choice between two alternatives, i.e., a unit or a portion of the common elements."); Yankee Springs Twp v Fox, 264 Mich App 604, 608; 692 NW2d 728 (2004). Thus, a registered primary caregiver's patients may not have access to their caregiver's enclosed, locked facility.

This interpretation is consistent with the plain language of the MMMA, and accords with basic principles of statutory construction that require this office to discern the intent of a statute from its language, and to forgo reading anything into a statute that is not within the intent of its drafters.8 Moreover, this construction ensures that the twelve-plant-per patient maximum is followed. It also protects against unauthorized access to marihuana plants because, at any given time, there is only one person responsible and accountable for a patient's plants. The plain language of the MMMA thus prohibits the joint cooperative cultivating or sharing of marihuana plants because only the individual authorized to cultivate the marihuana plants, either the registered patient or the patient's registered primary caregiver, may have access to the enclosed, locked facility housing the marihuana plants intended for the individual patient's use.

• 2 weeks later...

We're "still" allowed to produce our own supply of alcohol spirits, and I think a similar stance will result.

Without first standardizing cannabis, then dissecting each component, with a guarantee of repeatability, animal clinicals, human clinicals, synthesizing, patenting....quantifying cannabis as medicine will be difficult for the powers to digest. I believe it to eventually reach the "another dangerous recreational drug we control" status. the effects of FDA regulations were not in full enforcement at the time cannabis was being sold in the country as medicine by medical professionals. For instance heroin and cocaine were regularly handed out in a similar fashion as medicine, along with mercury and other strange elixirs.

Alcohol too was (and is) a medicine in history, and used accordingly often, but no dentists offer a swig of bourbon anymore, and the liquor store doesn't advertise any medicinal qualities, as the pharmacies did in the past.

Edited by grassmatch

Screw Testing

The patients ARE the test anyway.  Lets save $$$$$$ and remove the corrupt middleman.

The FDA did not Prevent ANY deaths from pharma.....Viox anyone?

Just another way to restrict and exploit the sick and poor.

eta...No they will not employ locals......there slaves,,er help, will be speaking spanish

Edited by beourbud