The Cure ?

trichcycler

I see the degradation daily as soon as 75% of the (water weight) is dried(per Jorge Cervantes books). At this stage I have sampled nothing any fresher, with bursting terpene profiles, and sweet smooth taste. three weeks in a burped jar and the trichs are shriveled, brown, and the effect is more couch lock. I know of no other fruit, flower, herb, spice, that "gets better over time".

Now on the other hand, if a plant is fertilized with salts to the end, with insufficient flushing maybe, curing in a jar will remove some of those constituents, along with chlorophyll, and smooth the flavor/smoke some.

I don't add commercial fertilizers and only use worm farm recycle, with fresh spring water daily. right to the end. I've just never noticed anything better than a fresh sampling properly dried in a controlled dry room, about a week-10 days.  my opinion only, and my patients of course.

What exactly did your lab reports show, that convinced you your smoke was tasting better, and was "stronger" ?  I know that terpene profiles will disappear in a burped jar, and that  equals "weaker" to me, with less flavor, so I'm confused.

Either way we choose what works for us, and our patients. They will always let us know what they don't like or do.

Ha ! that one I agree with. but stopped her long ago. I thought of her as on the negative side of my preference, she did stone a little heavier, after storage though... thinking that was "old weed" syndrome, of more decarb/more sleep. we dont like stony drooly couchlock strains, but more of the alert, thinkng mans herbs. Tahoe is a good rep, as well as Jesus OG, of what we dig. Have you noticed how fast a smell can disappear in a strain, like Critical + ? its crazy fast for the growers I know, and me.

I do store everything in glass after its dry, but I prefer it gone by then, by me or patients. as it ages it loses smells(important terpenes) and bums me out. after a couple weeks or so, I destroy it ! hehe

Ha ! that one I agree with. but stopped her long ago. I thought of her as on the negative side of my preference, she did stone a little heavier, after storage though... thinking that was "old weed" syndrome, of more decarb/more sleep. we dont like stony drooly couchlock strains, but more of the alert, thinkng mans herbs. Tahoe is a good rep, as well as Jesus OG, of what we dig. Have you noticed how fast a smell can disappear in a strain, like Critical + ? its crazy fast for the growers I know, and me.

I do store everything in glass after its dry, but I prefer it gone by then, by me or patients. as it ages it loses smells(important terpenes) and bums me out. after a couple weeks or so, I destroy it ! hehe

I would be willing to give my opinion if you want to send the herb you plan to destroy my way ;)

jk of course :)

Hi I've also noticed that the smell really diminishes after a week.

My patients are always most impressed with cannabis that has been cured just a few days.

Organic grower here, and because of the definition of usable MJ by the State I just deliver my product in glass to keep under my allowed amount. I let my patients know if they want to cure it longer they can hold on to it. They never do!

If my patients asked for a  different way , I would comply. I work for them, and urge them to provide feedback. They ultimately made the choice. each his own, but all of them want the freshest material available so far, full of floral hydrosols and a full spectrum of original terpene profiles. I have to agree with them. I would still use the fresh dried over the month dried/cured even if they didn't for sure. I get a better experience that way.

Some people bury theirs till it molds for weeks, some soak it in water to concentrate the active ingredients then dry even. now that's strange, but, to each his own.