This Is All Flummoxed Up, So I Have To Give Up My Grow?

My neighbors who live in the other unit in this duplex say, 'Damnn right.'  Til now they've not had a problem with my growing in this unit that's on the other side of the wall from them.

She is due to deliver at thanksgiving and they are saying that Child Protective Services will take their baby so i have to stop.  

Our landlord says they are nuts, carry on.

Edited by pic book

they are nuts, carry on. If you're providing to them, stop.

why do they know your business ?

spend some more money on air scrubbers.

I concur ! Tell them you quit growing right after you get your air cleaned up . Muffle all fans too for serenity .

on another note, not sure why CPS would even see fit to visit these new parents? but when they do, and they smell your grow, you will be questioned. smoking, harvesting, trimming, packaging areas should be filtered well. When they question you, I am guessing they will contact a sheriff to be there, either in the middle of the night, or at least a knock first, to make sure you're legal, and have to start all over.

C'mon,

When do they Knock? other than to Knock the door down?

Maybe CPS will,

However the Police continue to refuse to acknowledge a patients rights.

I let NO One Know... And I mean NO ONE...

Not a Soul.... But your Cat is out of the bag.

Good luck Pic Book...

Sounds like its time for a new grow spot...

They Can make Big trouble for you..

Legal and within limits or Not.

Not trying to be alarmist, just cautionary.

People Suck!!!

Of course they could say that about you.

Ever hear of the wrong address getting raided by mistake and innocent citizens getting killed?

For everyone's benefit be a good neighbor.

Kids Change Everything..

Just ask the Greens..

My friend's neighbor picked up on his indoor grow and called the police said he smelled "a lot" of marijuana. They did come and knock during the day even. they asked about the smell, which was obvious to them also, and he produced their cards. Wife and kids were inside eating dinner, the cops asked if they could look at the garden to count plants. My friend really wanted to pull the warrant card, but had a gut feeling and told them sure.  They went downstairs to the rooms, which were in order and legal. They smiled and said "smells good" but the neighbor doesn't like it, asked him if there was something more he could do, he promised the morning fix. They commended him on his cleanliness and went on their way. They fretted all night, considered the possibilities, and went to sleep, over a year ago. no issues since, their neighbor moved out, and he got a bigger stink sock. 

A guy down the road from me grows outside in a huge dog kennel that is only about 100 feet from the road in clear view. I've seen the police there talking to him a couple of times every year with no changes till this year, he put another piece of fence on the top. that's it. he grows indoors,, induces flowering indoors, and transplants them outside to flower all summer long. he still has two trees in there now, lookin sadder than ever, but 6 feet tall and huge colas, stinks form the road daily all summer. no probs.

the people I know that are hassled are fuggin up. Its important to keep a tidy life while growing, and not put flags all over you, your car, or your home. I talked to the police in my county at city hall and they don't give two chits, as long as you do not transfer to anyone not named on your five cards, and follow ALL of the other rules closely. ignorance is not an excuse. 12 means 12. clones are plants too. don't carry it in your pocket while driving. don't smoke it in public. don't tinkle off your neighbors. these are the things he was telling all of us. He joked that he recognized many from busts long ago, and even called a couple by name. He promised to prosecute them to the fullest extent if they fail to follow the rules.

look around here, most folks hassled are for those very similar common sense warnings. many share other common denominators also. I'm seeing things more clearly by the day. Not to say the corpocracy we live in hasn't put a bounty on our health, life, and freedoms, and will remove all three at once if given the chance, but WE must take responsibility also.

on another note, not sure why CPS would even see fit to visit these new parents? but when they do, and they smell your grow, you will be questioned. smoking, harvesting, trimming, packaging areas should be filtered well. When they question you, I am guessing they will contact a sheriff to be there, either in the middle of the night, or at least a knock first, to make sure you're legal, and have to start all over.

I dont see why cps would even talk to the neighbors, I dont know what kind of duplex it is, but yrs ago I lived in one, and it was totaly seperated from basement to roof by cement blocks, unless the new parents or one of the parents are a pt of the neighbors just keep your numbers low and follow the law to the t and you shouldnt have to worry about anything in the real world!

the grower says the land lord approves so grower must be legal, or get their real quick, I wouldnt worry about it, bawahahahahaha!  man Id like to think that, id probably worry less if I wasnt registered with the state! :judge:

Peace

It's not a house though KD, sounds like it's zoned R4 or something, multi-unit residential. Me thinks that makes a huge difference.

But he said his landlord approves of his grow so methinks the complainers are SOL unless they get DPD involved in some way even then he's within his rights to grow anywhere he chooses .

Just saying. We know how ignorant CPS can be. Nobody should ever have to go through what the Greens did.

I would consider moving just because it is obviously already affecting the mothers mental state. This will affect the ongoing human development process. Plants or people ? Seems like a no brainer to me.

If not the case, do you really think the world needs another idiot?

Edited by solabeirtan

Well being ran out of my last home over a disagreement with a drug and alcohol abusing Wayne county sheriff I can relate to an extent .

On one had having to change my way of living for family no problem ill make it work on the other doing it for a neighbor or just a casual acquaintance think id much rather buy them off and help them move if I couldn't afford to do that id let my landlord make the call plus like I said inside the apartment didn't reek like some places Ive been including mine so he is doing a good job of concealment..

agreed. legal or not, the preggo has a boner for the grower guy. That wont go away. cps would call the sherriff, and he does not have to ask for papers, or proof of legality, before the battering ram hits home.  I hope this turns out well. I am keeping an eye on this one!

please keep us in the loop?

Just saying. We know how ignorant CPS can be. Nobody should ever have to go through what the Greens did.

I would consider moving just because it is obviously already affecting the mothers mental state. This will affect the ongoing human development process. Plants or people ? Seems like a no brainer to me.

If not the case, do you really think the world needs another idiot?

I don't know the ordinances, but it sure doesn't seem right that you have to change your legal behavior because the neighbor doesn't like it.  It is not really the neighbor's business.  I would try to be accomodating as far as odor and obvious signs of cannabis, but if the landlord is in your corner, I think you are OK.  I don't think a tenant needs to pass any tests from other tenants, just the landlord.

If you are concerned about the sherriff smashing in your door, why not take the initiative and call the sherriff, explain the situation, and invite him over to discuss the problem.  If the police are later called out  to resolve some dispute, it will go a long way that you have already been attempting to resolve the problem

It sounds to me like you are legal and are making reasonable efforts to control the odor.  The neighbors need to accept that you live next door or they need to move out. 

they are my patients

they say cps in wayne county visits every new child's house

by the way she have not used during her pregnancy

Edited by pic book

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know the ordinances, but it sure doesn't seem right that you have to change your legal behavior because the neighbor doesn't like it.  It is not really the neighbor's business.  I would try to be accomodating as far as odor and obvious signs of cannabis, but if the landlord is in your corner, I think you are OK.  I don't think a tenant needs to pass any tests from other tenants, just the landlord.

If you are concerned about the sherriff smashing in your door, why not take the initiative and call the sherriff, explain the situation, and invite him over to discuss the problem.  If the police are later called out  to resolve some dispute, it will go a long way that you have already been attempting to resolve the problem

It sounds to me like you are legal and are making reasonable efforts to control the odor.  The neighbors need to accept that you live next door or they need to move out. 

call the sheriff?  dude thats as bad as signing a recomendation telling the state you smoke weed and grow it! lol

No one needs to call leo for their home grow, if you are totaly with in the limits and doing your best to hide the smell, charcoal filters,etc, and your land lord gave you permission and you can prove it, just be cordial with the idiots and do your thing, but man dont ever have more than your supposed to have just in case!

Peace

lmao @ rosemarys baby, tehe

Maybe a renter has a reasonable right to a non stink grow op in the next apartment, or the reasonable right to break a lease and move out ?  I wonder how this would apply to model airplane hobbies, and the glue stink in the apartment complex ?  good points all the way around 

So what happened with Rosemary's baby?