Disabled (Not Ssi) Now Has To Pay Full Price To State?

They dont honor ssi or ssdi or they make you jump thru to many hoops, but if you are on state aid ie food stamps, medicaid aka mi adult health you can get the discount!

I only did the discount the first yr, to many times they mess people up on the 25 buck one, so the extra 75 is worth me not worrying, at least that is what I say,

now they are good for  2 yrs so consider it 50 a yr!

Peace

This statement is not true I can get no help from the state I get SS and they tell me I make 3 bucks to much to get any help from the state of Michigan

Just because your disabled, does not mean you are poor. The discount is for "poor" people according to guidelines. 

If you qualify for SSI and/or Medicaid, you automatically qualify for at least a partial food stamp subsidy.

Mal is correct in his statement.  Zero, it is matter of proving you are poor and the state uses eligibility for medicaid and/or SSI as the cut off.  Clearly I do not agree with it, but that is the rational.  Your problem is that you are 'not poor enough' by $3 to make the cut.  I don't agree with that either.  But there is always a line drawn and it sucks to just barely be on the wrong side of it, but it doesn't change the fact you are on the wrong side of it.  If they said 'SSI/Medicaid or 110% of the poverty level (x dollars per year)' there would always be someone that made 'x dollars plus $3' who would be in the same position you are now.

Dr. Bob

Edited by Dr. Bob

If you qualify for SSI and/or Medicaid, you automatically qualify for at least a partial food stamp subsidy.. this is the statement I was talking about, as I have thought the same thing but when I went in to get help for me my wife and kids that is what they told me I make 3 bucks to much and I am diabled and get SS and my wife is a stay at home mom

Mal is correct in his statement.  Zero, it is matter of proving you are poor and the state uses eligibility for medicaid and/or SSI as the cut off.  Clearly I do not agree with it, but that is the rational.  Your problem is that you are 'not poor enough' by $3 to make the cut.  I don't agree with that either.  But there is always a line drawn and it sucks to just barely be on the wrong side of it, but it doesn't change the fact you are on the wrong side of it.  If they said 'SSI/Medicaid or 110% of the poverty level (x dollars per year)' there would always be someone that made 'x dollars plus $3' who would be in the same position you are now.

Dr. Bob

Edited by Zerocool

Social Security that is all I get I am at max Social Security as I worked my butt off all my life first job I had was diging graves at 12 that is when I started to pay in to ss and min wage was 75 cents lol I know not much but back that it was a lot

You say you get SS(Social Security) which is SSDI?  SSI(Supplemental Security Income) is what I am talking about?

Or are you both?