I Love Organic Medicine !

I Love Organic Medicine also.

Organic Medicine is grown..IN THE SUN        Not A Cave

The energy wasted in this folly is , well disgusting......anti green even

Hemp needs to be UNCONDITIONALLY FREE 

Grow your own, grow for someone else, buy sell, produce oil, rope, fabric, paper, fuel, food,....

Hemp is so much more than medicine

Edited by beourbud

beourbud

You are right! If we are just talking about the environmental/overall impact of our indoor growing activity, choice of nutrient / medium is pretty far down the the list in terms of the negative consequences we collectively create. And the biggest negative influence is certainly the power drain, and as we all know grow room use a ton of power. Not to mention the carbon footprint involved in just producing / transporting all of our equipment to site.

Edited by Guanotea1

beourbud

You are right! If we are just talking about the environmental/overall impact of our indoor growing activity, choice of nutrient / medium is pretty far down the the list in terms of the negative consequences we collectively create. And the biggest negative influence is certainly the power drain, and as we all know grow room use a ton of power. Not to mention the carbon footprint involved in just producing / transporting all of our equipment to site.

I am an indoor organic grower myself, but I don't pretend I'm saving the world over here, I hope none of us have those illusions. What good we MIGHT do today may easily translate into greater harm tomorrow. 

I am talking about a corp interests weaseling into our individual grow rights..  On top of that they dont care how much energy it takes to corner the market and take the grow rights from dying  patients.

We need to protect our  grow rights and expand...not further restrict. them

yeah we are trying to make the world a better place here for our children and the generations to come....if even  one patient at a time....thank you very little

Calling your (anyone)  meds organic without the Sun is ridiculous.

I am talking about a corp interests weaseling into our individual grow rights..  On top of that they dont care how much energy it takes to corner the market and take the grow rights from dying  patients.

But I am not talking about corporate interests, maybe I missed something on this thread titled "I love organic medicine". You are right, they don't care how much energy it takes to corner the market. They are profit making machines, don't give a hoot about being green unless it looks good in a marketing campaign. On the other hand, if corps really had their way they would much prefer to produce cannabis in fields, because it's so much cheaper. And that's what the people would do too, if our hands were untied completely.

Neither I nor any member of this site wants caregiver or patient grow rights taken away. That's pretty much a given... I hope.

Calling your (anyone)  meds organic without the Sun is ridiculous.

I'm not hung up on the word organic. Listen my patients know what I mean by organic, and they know that includes artificial light in some form all year round and they are fans of my work. What else is there to say really?

Edited by Guanotea1

ha haaa ha thank you very little.. now that makes me smile.. it's from one of my favorite movies :)

a zen philosopher once said....a flute with no holes is not a flute.. and a donut with no holes.... is a danish LOL

the shortest distance between two points is a straight line... in the opposite direction of course... :lolu:

My issue #1

I wish I could have legally supplied the needs of five patients year round using my greenhouses. With finished  weight restrictions, trespassers, helicopters, and meter maids I just couldn't do it in MI. Harvesting a plant when it is finished is my goal, and taking only a partial harvest allows for the remainder of the plant to be over ripened, a condition none of my patients would tolerate.  They all demand, as I do, a fresh, cloudy trich finish, as opposed to the amber degraded experience. This was the end of my outdoor organic attempts outdoors with cannabis.  During the no light/much snow months I would have to rely on an aging, perishable product through these months, along with a short supply because of those weight restrictions, not to mention the following season down time while the newly transplanted light deprived, force flowered, vegged indoors anyway, plants flowered, dried, as the first  harvest of the year awaits. My patients needed the same amounts, every month, without fail, and I could not legally do that. I'm not saying it cannot be done, depending on patient demands/grower expectations,  a program like this

could  and does work for some.

My issue#2

Garden Control

I could offer little to no pest control outdoors, and no controls for RH. This limited my ability to provide buds with no surprises inside, and sometimes resulted in fungus, just as it does in my natural surrounding forest setting. The risks of discovery or crop failure were ominous. The smells, although perfume to me, penetrated for thousands of feet out. Although the end results were always a biased fun, for me and the buddies, very little was suitable for most of the discerning patients I've registered. If it was just for me, maybe the way to go, dunno, but now I have 5 others to please, and they are not biased, but experienced medicators. I do grow food in those same greenhouses, some food year round, and they're great, and patients love those foods, for thought. I grow some of those foods indoors also, with these results;

Tomatoes=outdoor by a mile

lettuce=indoor hands down

shitake, button, morel=outdoor wins

basil=indoor by a mile

thyme=indoor by a mile

parsley-indoor by a mile

sage=outdoor by a mile

chives=indoors bam

saffron=indoors bam

roses=outdoors bam

dill=indoors

oregano=indoors bam

rosemary=outdoors bam

fennel=outdoor bam

cannabis-MI indoor bam

It seems to me that the terpene profiles of the most aromatic herbs are exploited in my indoor gardens. Since I grow and breed specifically exploiting terpene profiles, call me a Terpene Profiler, these aromatic differences are important to me. They may not be an issue at all for others. Don't get me wrong here, my herbs, and yes even my favorite ones, certainly smelled good and strong, but my comparisons stand. 

Of course there are many variables to this, like my soil indoors, light schedule, c02 augmentation, controlled temps, vegetarian fed worms/tea fed plants, exclusively, personal bias, and overall personal experience. Lack of outdoor growing techniques?? maybe a pot prick?  taking gardening/providing  too seriously?  Its not by accident that most of my patients share my sentiments, as that's one of the criteria of being a good grassmatch patient. :blink:    all of the above surely, but that's my experiences thus far. I should also note that my dirt pots outperform my hydro pots in terpene exploitation, photo finish, smells, quality, and physical stamina, B.A.M.

Edited by grassmatch

ha haaa ha thank you very little.. now that makes me smile.. it's from one of my favorite movies :)

a zen philosopher once said....a flute with no holes is not a flute.. and a donut with no holes.... is a danish LOL

the shortest distance between two points is a straight line... in the opposite direction of course... :lolu:

You take drugs, Danny?

Every day.

Good. Then what's your problem?

I don't know.

My issue #1

I wish I could have legally supplied the needs of five patients year round using my greenhouses. With finished  weight restrictions, trespassers, helicopters, and meter maids I just couldn't do it in MI. 

My issue#2

Garden Control

I could offer little to no pest control outdoors, and no controls for RH. 

What?   Werent those topics covered in the Book you and guattea pitched in on?

Wish I could have?  You cant find 5 patients that appreciate your gear?....

Good Luck in your future endeavors...whereever they take you, and may your good fortune follow .

Edited by beourbud

lmao

I know the guy who played the lifeguard.  He's got some great stories from being on the set.

I could go on all day with quotes from that movie!

This is a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff.

What?   Werent those topics covered in the Book you and guattea pitched in on? (pitched in on book ? sorry, I don't understand, I reference Jorge Cervantes occasionally, never written a book of my own, or with anyone else. Jorge's info is a solid expo held dear in the garden by many successful growers. I don't recall a reference to him from guanotea though, although many of the ideals he's mentioned are shared by Jorge, and his subscribers.

Wish I could have?  You cant find 5 patients that appreciate your gear?....(Nope, that's not it at all. An outdoor supply left me with no perpetual way to garden, keeping me legal, while supplying  my patients) All seasoned cg's know a perpetual garden is one good way to grow, with law and supply in mind. besides, these are two small points you refer to, misunderstood as they are. they are valid, not with opinion, but my personal experience. Not a comparison for ego sake, or a right or wrong way of doing things, just my experience. If you'd like to pick on me, you may start with my typographical dyslexia, or something like that ?) I know many growers who couldn't hack the trials of dialing in an indoor garden, or maintaining the product like the medicine it is. I would never judge them for choosing to use the original gardening techniques of the ancients, as long as they could do it safely and efficiently as you do. I think that's great ! wish I could too !  My patients have higher expectations than most maybe not sure. I work for them, and provide them with the exact positive outcome they've ordered up, one that I can successfully reproduce, regardless of rain, wind, snow, high or low temps, powdery mildew, insecticides, or any outdoor changes. Now that is a feat of worthwhile mention I'd say, and share it with thousands here who do exactly the same. They rock, and so do you !

Good Luck in your future endeavors...whereever they take you, and may your good fortune follow .(thank you much, we all need good wishes, and mine are sent to you also)