Senate Bill 660 - Prairie Plant Law Video A Must Watch

As much as we'd all like to think this company is stupid and is wasting money trying to get a foothold here in Michigan, I think you have to consider that people seldom just throw money away. 

There is a reasonable chance that there is something to be gained by getting this passed or the company wouldn't be spending the money

Yeas—22:  21 R, 1 D

Booher® Hansen® Marleau® Proos® 
Brandenburg® Hildenbrand® Meekhof® Richardville® 
Casperson® Jansen® Nofs® Robertson® 
Caswell® Jones® Pappageorge® Walker® 
Colbeck® Kahn® Pavlov® Warren(D) 
Green® Kowall® 

Nays—16: 5 R, 11 D 

Ananich(D) Gregory(D) Hunter(D) Schuitmaker® 
Anderson(D) Hood(D) Johnson(D) Smith(D) 
Bieda(D) Hopgood(D) Moolenaar® Whitmer(D) 
Emmons® Hune® Rocca® Young(D)

And here is the statement from the Democrat Whitmer speaking against the bill.

I rise for my "no" vote explanation on Senate Bill No. 660. I'm voting "no" not simply because of the substance of 

the bill, but because we are passing a bill today for a potential corporate constituent, if the law changes or may not 
change, requiring the feds to have a schedule change on marihuana in the future. I think that having been to our 
committee, I'm going to give voice to a lot of the people who showed up, who are saying "why." Why are we 
spending taxpayer time and resources to change the law for an out-of-state corporate constituent who may or may 
not come to Michigan based on whether or not the schedule is changed on marihuana by the feds? While at the same 
time, we're not doing squat to help our current residential citizen constituents who cannot access medical marihuana. 

I had to listen to the heartwrenching testimony of a man who brought in his sick child. I listened to people who 
came and talked to us about how this bill would do nothing to help people who are in hospice or hospitals. We 
listened to numbers of stories which say that the current system is not working, which is ironic because they were 
reassured at every juncture that the current system would stay in place. That's not much of a reassurance when the 
current system doesn’t work. 

Frankly, in Canada, where this is all modeled after, they took away individual's right to grow their own 
medication. Shouldn’t we spend our time and taxpayer resources fixing the current system, rather than streamlining 
it for a potential corporation that is out-of-state based on a contingency? This issue is not right, and it is not worthy 
of our time and resources until we've addressed the problem that our residents are facing. 

And the Republican Jones' statement in support.

I rise in support of this bill. The law that passed for medical marihuana was poorly written by people who simply 

wanted to legalize marihuana. That is why it is so grey and vague and makes no sense in many cases. Now I have 
never ever objected to the truly sick with cancer, somebody in great pain, or somebody in the last stages of their life 
having this product. What passed is a shame. We have card mills set up in motels, where people go get their card 
and they really don’t need it, many of them. This bill will take marihuana and put it where it should be as medicine 
in a pharmacy. 

I can tell you that on numerous occasions, I have gotten calls from people in District 23 begging for help, senior 
citizens who have said, "My neighborhood is falling apart." We have caregivers who have filled their houses with 
marihuana. Crime has gone up in our neighborhoods. It's time to get marihuana out of houses and put it somewhere 
else. Let pharmaceutical companies grow it; not just one company, but multiple companies growing it. Put it in the 
pharmacies; that's where it belongs. 

Yeas—22:  21 R, 1 D

Booher® Hansen® Marleau® Proos® 
Brandenburg® Hildenbrand® Meekhof® Richardville® 
Casperson® Jansen® Nofs® Robertson® 
Caswell® Jones® Pappageorge® Walker® 
Colbeck® Kahn® Pavlov® Warren(D) 
Green® Kowall® 

Nays—16: 5 R, 11 D 

Ananich(D) Gregory(D) Hunter(D) Schuitmaker® 
Anderson(D) Hood(D) Johnson(D) Smith(D) 
Bieda(D) Hopgood(D) Moolenaar® Whitmer(D) 
Emmons® Hune® Rocca® Young(D)

And here is the statement from the Democrat Whitmer speaking against the bill.

I guess Jones can say anything he wants to but can he back it up with some #No. i don't think so

i think it is here

Sec. 2. Section 21a-243-8 of the Regulations of Connecticut State Agencies is amended by adding a new subsection (g) as follows:

(NEW) (g) Marijuana, including any material, compound, mixture or preparation which con- tains its salts, isomers and salts of isomers, unless specifically excepted, whenever the existence of these salts, isomers, and salts of isomers is possible within the specific chemical designation.

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:

(A) Purpose: To reclassify marijuana as a Schedule II controlled substance pursuant to Public

Act No. 12-55.

(B) Summary: At present, marijuana is classified as a Schedule I controlled substance. The Department’s proposed regulations reclassify marijuana as a Schedule II controlled substance.

© Legal Effects: At present, marijuana is classified as a Schedule I controlled substance. Under this classification, marijuana cannot be legally produced, prescribed or possessed. The Department’s proposed regulations classify marijuana as a Schedule II controlled substance. As a Schedule II controlled substance, marijuana can be legally produced, prescribed and dispensed under strict controls. 

http://www.ct.gov/dcp/lib/dcp/pdf/laws_and_regulations/ecopy_reg_6135.pdf

So this didn't work ?

Well, the dispensary lobbyists begged and pleaded that marijuana is dangerous, that the current law was not "safe access", that marijuana grown in homes is full of mold and pathogens that can kill someone, and that the legislature needed to pass a bill that would allow safe medicine with safe access and this is the Republicans response.

Anyone surprised?  :-)

Be careful what ya ask for,... you just might get it.

That is how i read it but someone that knows more  then me can post their Opinion

They need federal government approval to reschedule cannabis Bob that would be nationwide news if it happened ASA  NORML and all the other pro cannabis websites would have been having parades if it had happened it hasn't to my knowledge nor will it happen here unless Prairie farms and the legislators slamming this through Lansing know something we don't.

Now I have never ever objected to the truly sick with cancer, somebody in great pain, or somebody in the last stages of their life having this product.

anyone willing to bet mr rick jones has objected to medical marijuana (not just the mmma law)?

can we find a quote of him saying it?