Jillybean Surprise--Massive Yield, Coke Bottle Colas 18"

pic book

sorry, after snowden the landlord does not allow pics.  i had thot of jilly as nothing but a fad flavor of the connsewewr, a forerunner of the faddiest fad weed, girl scout cookies, probably with only a drab of product.  but the 3 jillies jumped up with buds and huge stretch and floored me.  anybody else know that subcool's gf's plant was this.heavy??  (miss jill ain't heavy but her plant sure is...)

Edited by pic book

Sounds like you and I have a similar attitude about the latest and greatest, my friend. I knew I'd feel a little duped when I added GSC to the garden, I haven't even grown her out yet and I already feel that way. Nevermind that in 2-3 months when the finished product is ready, the fad I was late to jump on may long be over. Haha, I'm sure it will sell none-the-less. Just not going to clone her.

Subcool's descriptions are usually accurate. He's one of the good ones. I'm thinking jilly bean will replace my purple kush, same redunkulous structure and astronomical yield. Thanks for the idea!

http://www.tgagenetics.com/Strains/jillybean.html

Height: Short and stocky Yield:

Very heavy / Easy to trim

Sounds like you and I have a similar attitude about the latest and greatest, my friend. I knew I'd feel a little duped when I added GSC to the garden, I haven't even grown her out yet and I already feel that way. Nevermind that in 2-3 months when the finished product is ready, the fad I was late to jump on may long be over. Haha, I'm sure it will sell none-the-less. Just not going to clone her.

Subcool's descriptions are usually accurate. He's one of the good ones. I'm thinking jilly bean will replace my purple kush, same redunkulous structure and astronomical yield. Thanks for the idea!

http://www.tgagenetics.com/Strains/jillybean.html

Height: Short and stocky Yield:

Very heavy / Easy to trim

thats the problem with other peoples words, gotta learn to judge on your own. your stance seems almost silly, self defeating if you will. you are not gonna cut a clone of a strain.....because everyone says its killer bunny muffin. yep makes sense id personally only grow out the ones everyone says suck ,right? lol Unlike you, i smoked the cookies, forum, ogkb, etc.... then i picked the forum, and shes everything i wanted her to be.,

Hi GW,

I highlighted two  incorrect statements in your analysis of my selection criteria. I don't have time for forum drama, so this will be my last post on this thread.

I have selected plants same as you do today, 2 years ago, with clones from dispensaries, markets, friends. You pick your favorite finished product (in my case my patient's fav), and then get the clones. I got some great stuff that way, no regrets, nothing wrong with that method if you are utilizing more conventional growing techniques. In fact some of those selections I still have today and they are still killing it in my garden.

I have a VSCROG right now. It's great for energy savings! But it's a bit unnatural and some plants just don't play nice.

IN a horizontal grow, you usually want tightly packed internodes with minimal stretch. Exact opposite in a VSCROG. If the nodes are too tight you can end up with mold issues and if you don't have an adequete stretch in flower you end up with a crummy plant that has essentially lived it's whole life just being side-lit - which will be crummy. In addition, in V grows, the lower leaves get a ton of light, some genotypes are really sensitive to that.

So I decided on a little different selection criteria for 2013/2014. 

Phase 0 - Strains are initially selected based on leafly ratings, patient feedback, high times top strain lists, and a few are selected based solely on lab results if I'm looking for something in particular. So yea, I do listen to what other people think is great. But.., MY OPINION MEANS NOTHING! I am not looking to alleviate my own medical condition, I am looking to alleviate my patients conditions.

Phase 0.5 - I pick breeders from an approved list. Not giving out the list is a condition of getting the list, but sufficed to say I usually have good look with all 10 or so of these breeders. I.E. there products are generally respected (lots of people don't like CC, but it's not because there isn't some fire in the lineup, it's because he's an donkey rectum).

Phase I - I need to be impressed with how it grows in MY garden with MY methods. That is why I prefer seeds, and lots of them! Sometimes entire strains don't impress me, mostly just a pheno or two doesn't impress me, sometimes I'll do a seed run and I'm impressed with everything and it's hard to choose a winners, I just want to keep them all!

Phase II - It needs to impress my patients

Phase III - Clone and repeat

I can spare the extra capacity I assure you, and any phenotype that doesn't blow my mind in either phase just gets cut. It's not hard, but it was painful at first.

All my selections that make it past phase I come from a football tournament-style elimination. I don't use the marketing names when giving samples to patients for testing just A1 A2 A3 B1 B2.... where all the A's are the same strain (unknown to the patients) and the numbers represent SPECIFIC potential and actual cuts.

Now lets get back to GSC, lets call what I have CC GSC,

Could I get those cuts that you did - forum, ogb, etc, yes of course. At this point GSC is old news already, and any C.G. can get it - esp. one that has been around for 2 years. But it's irrelevant to me, I want to select my own phenotypes I haven't brought in outside clones for years. 

So far, 1 or 2 CC GSC phenos have made it past phase I (FOR ME). That's pretty poor compared to the average for my garden.

At the same time a very trusted friend has informed me that his CC GSC is good, and a great representation of the strain, but in the end just not good enough for him to keep. We end up the same wavelength most of the time and since this is someone I've known for years, and actually respect, I value his opinion A LOT when I'm making my selections. I have 10+ other strains going and I can take only so many clones due to plant count limits,gsc probably won't get cloned.

Ya never know, CC GSC could end up the #1 selection in my garden. My patients will tell me that, without ever even being told what strain it is. That would be awesome! If not, maybe I'll try a single forum cut or ogb, just for the sake of completeness before I write off the strain.

My method of selection has shown me that, for MY patients and in MY garden, I should be leery of fads. Just sayin'

thats the problem with other peoples words, gotta learn to judge on your own. your stance seems almost silly, self defeating if you will. you are not gonna cut a clone of a strain.....because everyone says its killer bunny muffin. yep makes sense id personally only grow out the ones everyone says suck ,right? lol Unlike you, i smoked the cookies, forum, ogkb, etc.... then i picked the forum, and shes everything i wanted her to be.,

I too was googoo and gaga for the GSC, when it was largely unavailable. After getting a couple representations, and growing more than a hundred out, I thought I would keep it, for the unique profile, thick effects. I did actually enjoy it, and hoped like hell my patients would too. Turns out they enjoyed for exactly as long as I did, then I ended her program, not because she "sucked" but because I have pant count limits, and there are "better" selections to use them up on.

"better"  "sucky" are subjective terms, and I know now that no two people will have the same experience form one strain, and no two strains will be indentical in the grow room, nor will both produce the same lab results very often. Even the time of day, diet, attitude, stress, will affect  the effect of cannabis in the human experience. I've fired phenos before, a lot, and revisited them at a later date, with even better results.

the cookie can kiss my donkey at this stage though. I keep a genetic record, but my last 6 are finishing now, and none will see a patient, at least until a rough tumbling or similar.