Michigan Bill Advances To Distribute Pot Through Pharmacies

I wonder who was writing their senators with concerns of;

"Marijuana if it’s to be medical marijuana should be held to the standard of medical safety and dosage predictability,” he said. “The mold issue is serious, the pesticide issue is serious. Both of those have the potential to be lethal.” 

Although a relevant issue, did patients get this ball rolling?  These politicians are enforcing the will of the people, and I bet it wasn't the non patients who cared enough to motivate them. If they are not, they should be removed at once.

"Marijuana if it’s to be medical marijuana should be held to the standard of medical safety and dosage predictability,” he said. “The mold issue is serious, the pesticide issue is serious. Both of those have the potential to be lethal.” 

Although a relevant issue, did patients get this ball rolling?  These politicians are enforcing the will of the people, and I bet it wasn't the non patients who cared enough to motivate them. If they are not, they should be removed at once.

Private monied interests entirely outside the patient community and Republican lawmakers are bringing this to bear. It is smoke and mirrors. As I said earlier, we have the means to sterilize cannabis, unarguably better than irradiation, with heat or with chemical extraction. This is not the will of the people, but the will of the government that wants desperately to bring it under their immediate control and corporations to earn profits at our expense and bringing quality and sanitation costs to add to the cost to patients who engage in medical use. The most perfunctory look at just about any cannabis website reveals almost obsessive attention to quality and purity.  Hell no.

Edited by GregS

IMO we have had protest after protest and many rallies all over the State people caring signs and  banners saying levee my medicine  alone  i guess they heard us ?

the fknrepublicans want to treat marijuana like any other medicine, in a pharmacy right?

so why would this law require people to get a special card and presumably pay a fee for an enhanced card?

you dont pay an extra fee to get oxycontin. to get antibiotics.

you dont get a special card that only allows you to have oxycontin or antibiotics.

wtf kind of silly billy thing is this anyways?

Edited by t-pain

it is funny business for sure, but do you honestly believe this, or any other issue in government is a rep-dem one?  They both always promise the same things, and lie about the same things too. They both participate in fraudulent contributions, lobbying. Often times running mates are relatives !  A two party system is their play, not ours. It does keep the people at odds though, just as they prescribed in the old days. imo

peace

Sec. 8152. (1) The department may issue an enhanced

25 pharmaceutical-grade cannabis registration card to an eligible

26 patient who is recommended by a physician to obtain a

27 registration card and who properly applies for that card. Before

1 issuing a card to an eligible patient under this section, the

2 department shall determine whether the individual has previously

3 been convicted of illegally manufacturing, creating,

4 distributing, possessing, or using a controlled substance or

5 conspiring or attempting to manufacture, create, distribute,

6 possess, or use a controlled substance in this state or

7 elsewhere. If the individual has previously been convicted of

8 illegally manufacturing, creating, distributing, possessing, or

9 using a controlled substance or conspiring or attempting to

10 manufacture, create, distribute, possess, or use a controlled

11 substance in this state or elsewhere, the department shall not

12 issue a registration card to that individual.

Senator Whitmer on Planet Green Trees program

just said

WE THE PEOPLE HAVE A VOICE, WE JUST HAVE TO USE IT

Let them know, we say NO.

Hand written letters are better than emails imo as they are tangable

They will stack up and be seen. In this electronic age maybe a handwritten

post may stand out? Taking the time to compose, address, stamp and post

a personal note should make a stronger statement.

I believe 'good' Legislators REALLY would like to hear from us, how else will they know :)

Paper still rules.

my 02

Sec. 8152. (1) The department may issue an enhanced

25 pharmaceutical-grade cannabis registration card to an eligible

26 patient who is recommended by a physician to obtain a

27 registration card and who properly applies for that card. Before

1 issuing a card to an eligible patient under this section, the

2 department shall determine whether the individual has previously

3 been convicted of illegally manufacturing, creating,

4 distributing, possessing, or using a controlled substance or

5 conspiring or attempting to manufacture, create, distribute,

6 possess, or use a controlled substance in this state or

7 elsewhere. If the individual has previously been convicted of

8 illegally manufacturing, creating, distributing, possessing, or

9 using a controlled substance or conspiring or attempting to

10 manufacture, create, distribute, possess, or use a controlled

11 substance in this state or elsewhere, the department shall not

12 issue a registration card to that individual.

Okay, so, felons are now going to be denied health care?

again, if these politico are not enforcing the will of the people, why don't we concentrate on removing them from office. Imagine a medical marijuana forum devoted to exactly that !  We keep doing the same things, carrying the same signs, repeating the same mantra, and expecting a different  result each time =insanity

: (

It was great while it lasted we all had so much fun growing our own Cannabis and helping many but i still think most won't stop growing just because of some Law it never stop them before it won't now

Speak for yourself. There are those of us who did not have prior felony convictions prior to the law's enactment and still don't, and we want to keep it that way. You may have little to lose, but some of us want no part in that. The present system offers a cost effective opportunity to grow and use excellent quality cannabis. We are reluctant to let that go in favor of a state regulated, cash intensive, and corporate option. This law kept you from jail.

Edited by GregS

If the state says I cannot grow my own, then I will comply while I live here. My family and safety is much more important to me than a weed. It will always be available, and I'll always have it, nothing changes with that.   I didn't grow until it was legal to do so. I've got no criminal record, and will keep it that way. I believe many in the program feel the same as I do.

Speak for yourself. There are those of us who did not have prior felony convictions prior to the law's enactment and still don't, and we want to keep it that way. You may have little to lose, but some of us want no part in that. The present system offers a cost effective opportunity to grow and use excellent quality cannabis. We are reluctant to let that go in favor of a state regulated, cash intensive, and corporate option. This law kept you from jail.

Are you saying that you have only used Cannabis from the start of 2008 and never before ? and if your Answer  is NO then it was people just like me that took the risk so that you could use Cannabis and Yes some got caught and more will if they follow your way stay within Sec 4 because no one wants to be under Sec 8 

P.S i am only speaking for myself