Most Mj Patients Prefer The Plant Over Pills

greenbuddha

Study: Most Medi-Pot Patients Prefer The Plant Over Pills
  • by Paul Armentano, NORML Deputy DirectorNovember 7, 2013
     check-big.png check-big.png check-big.png check-big.png

The results of a first-of-its-kind worldwide survey of nearly 1,000 medicinal cannabis consumers shows that most patients prefer their medicine in the way that nature, not Big Pharma, intended it to be.

Investigators from Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, and the United States conducted a web-based survey consisting of 21 structured questions to assess patients’ perceptions of different types of cannabinoid-based medicininal products as well as their preferred modes of consumption. Over 950 subjects participated in the survey.

The study’s findings appear in the Journal of Psychoactive Drugs.

Overall, subjects said that herbal cannabis preparations were more cost-effective and posed fewer side-effects than cannabis-derived pharmaceuticals. Participants also reported greater satisfaction with inhaled (via either smoking or vaporizing) forms of cannabis products as compared to oral dosing.

“In general, herbal non-pharmaceutical CBMs (cannabinoid-based medicines) received higher appreciation scores by participants than pharmaceutical products containing cannabinoids,” the study concluded. “[O]ur data suggest that overall there is good satisfaction with whole plant preparations that are affordable and administered in an inhaled manner, or in the form of a tincture.”

An abstract of the study, “The Medicinal Use of Cannabis and Cannabinoids — An International Cross-Sectional Survey on Administration Forms,” appears online here.

- See more at: http://blog.norml.org/2013/11/07/study-most-medi-pot-patients-prefer-the-plant-over-pills/#sthash.5oAeHb6C.dpuf

I was addicted to 750 mg hydracodones I would eat 2 every night just to be able to function once the law came into effect I quit cold turkey and just smoked heavily to overcome the dope sick withdrawl symptoms before I always felt like I was a member of the walking dead now I feel like I have a new lease on life and can actually look forward to tomorrow opiate free.

that is good news for sure !!   did cannabis use help you  before it was permitted ?

I know a lot of people that used both at the same time, wishing they could afford the amount of mj they needed. Once allowed to grow for themselves or find a

compassionate caregiver they had similar experiences as you.

natures pharmacy --BOOOYAaaa!