20 Thousand Pounds Of Marijuana Seized At Arizona Border

20 Thousand Pounds of Marijuana Seized at Arizona Border

US Border Protection officials in Arizona seized over 20,000 pounds of marijuana at the Mariposa port of entry on the outskirts of Nogales.  The seizure is being called the largest in Arizona.  The marijuana’s estimated value is $10.1 million.

The Mariposa port of entry to the United States is used primarily by commercial drivers, including trucks carrying Mexican produce to the US.

Previously, the largest recorded marijuana seizure by the US Customs and Border Protection in Arizona was 14,121 pounds on January 15, 2013.

[Source]

I think that works out to about $30/oz.

320,000 oz. x $30 = $9,600,000

Wow utilizing the Sun offers quite a savings over Lights.

whoda thunk

During the interview  one suspect was asked his opinion on prairy Terrarists plans to grow in a cave in Michigan.....he replied ......"We dont need no Stinking Cave"

of course a cave in nogales is just an incomplete tunnel.

Edited by beourbud

and with the dozens of 55 gallon drum barrels of pesticides/fungicides shown at the mexi grow sites, they must save a mint in real time controls !  But, as we all know, the street weed of yesteryear just was never the same as what we do now. Only the indoor boutique cultivars were desired by connoisseurs, often many more times as expensive, and rare as hell for some.  Mexi=outdoor schwag, always has in comparison.

I guess it depends on what street your on

That hemp may have been pretty good at one time but big corp cartels dont care about quality they just look at the margin.

So with dubious handling , warehouse and distr  you end up with ...well that.

Big cartels/corps are about quantity...not quality

Kudos to the Mom and Pops that bring true value thru quality 

The plant is so hardy,    Great Meds are Easy to Grow

Edited by beourbud

and with the dozens of 55 gallon drum barrels of pesticides/fungicides shown at the mexi grow sites, they must save a mint in real time controls ! But, as we all know, the street weed of yesteryear just was never the same as what we do now. Only the indoor boutique cultivars were desired by connoisseurs, often many more times as expensive, and rare as hell for some. Mexi=outdoor schwag, always has in comparison.

Speculation with imaginary photo ops? Amazing the power of suggestion... and the media! Must be getting the "pesticides/fungicides" for free maybe? More likely just their water reservoirs, I'd say...

Was getting some nice brown nugs there recently ...$50oz, on the beach! It's hard to imagine how much more intense the sun is down there.

Edited by solabeirtan

Speculation with imaginary photo ops? Amazing the power of suggestion... and the media! Must be getting the "pesticides/fungicides" for free maybe? More likely just their water reservoirs, I'd say...

I know  Right?

Everyone knows you label your honey oil as pesticide/fungiside to trip the rips....duh

Edited by beourbud

I speak with first had knowledge, not much for a television user. I too have sampled the brown weed, then and recently. Maybe it depends upon one's definition of "cheap" or  "quality", a subjective matter for sure. I've seen people content with smoking the leaves I feed to the rabbits, and say its awesome, others put their nose up at Tahoe Og, go figure. But I assure you that 55 gallon drums of pesticides exist in these fields, I've seen them. for sure I've had smoke form Acapulco that was top notch, not saying there isn't good available.

A trip to some dispensaries in a couple months will show you the mexi schwag, for what its worth.. denying that pesticides are used on cannabis is dangerous media I think. the grow store cant keep Hot Shots on the shelves. I threatened to boycott one until they remove it, they laughed at me. I changed to one that did remove them, because that was my duty. Asked a group of shoppers once, "what are those for" and they actually said "So you don't get those nasty mites !!"  a preventative mind you!   my head was removed from the sand quickly !

Now, Hawaii, holy moly !!! there's some sun grown goodness to be found there, Jamaica, not so much in my experience.

Was getting some nice brown nugs there recently ...$50oz, on the beach! It's hard to imagine how much more intense the sun is down there.

maybe ONLY in WA ?  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/24/marijuana-pesticides-contamination_n_3328122.html

http://tokesignals.com/wa-liquor-board-says-200-pesticides-allowed-on-marijuana/

or Berkely ?  http://scanalytical.com/industry-news/143-pot-and-pesticides-a-bustling-illegal-trade.html

or just in Maine ? http://www.thedailychronic.net/2013/16668/workers-blow-whistle-on-pesticide-use-at-maine-marijuana-dispensary-file-for-union-recognition/

ann arbor seems concerned too 

http://a2wellness.org/pesticide-testing.html

Gaylord maybe?  http://articles.petoskeynews.com/2011-09-06/medical-marijuana_30121082  those frisky petoskeins, I tell ya.

but no way, no how, would any for profit Mexican army use a pGR to promote growth and make more money?, or pesticide to fight bugs and save plants?, or fungicide to fight fungus, or ??/  okeedokee 

Ignoring the facts is as dangerous as purporting them here maybe?

Edited by grassmatch

GM first you speculate that the mayheecanos* are dosing the donkey poo out of their Meds, then you show us references of the rampant use of them throughout the US. So your conclusion is that since people in the US who are growing in their basements, in an environment that must be like heaven for the breeding of parasitic plant pests with no other natural predators. So then: the Mexicans must be using it since they are growing in completely different conditions.  Not to mention 3 of the 4 refs are Lab Proponents or Lab owners. 

The OP is about justifying a morally bankrupt policy... your "Drug War".  Now you're saying burn theirs and buy Premium Priced American Meds infested with "pesticides/fungicides".[according to your refs] And support opportunistic regulatory policies like State run grows and Laboratory Testing? Basically on your own personal testimony that you walked their* fields?    

Wow old news can even be new news to me: under the original article in your ref above I see this : Sept 6, 2011 Petoskey News:

" LANSING — A rally is taking place today (Wednesday) on the Capitol steps, where supporters of the medical marijuana law will promote changes to “simplify and clarify” it,       according to the owner of a local marijuana facility.

Choice Collective co-owner Drew Driver has rounded up more than 30 marijuana patients and caregivers to board one of at least 13 buses from around the state departing to Lansing today for the rally and to meet with legislators. Driver said it is an effort to promote changes to the law, including the licensing of medical marijuana facilities and hastening of the process of providing patients and caregivers with their state-issued cards.

The rally comes two weeks after a ruling by the Michigan Court of Appeals determined facilities such as Choice Collective, where marijuana is sold, are not permitted under the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act.

Information about the rally’s outcome will be posted online and placed in the Herald Times when it becomes available.

Grower says appeals court ruling ‘a shame’

By Frank Michels "

Very sad...   imho   : the people of Michigan deserve better than this bs. Patients suffer while Govt and Special Interests serve themselves to thwart the peoples choice. We've been victimized  in this State for way to long. Now were getting Fracked too!*

*more later 

Edited by solabeirtan

nah, I just copied and pasted, while you assumed I was "saying something". Just giving some nationwide thoughts and keeping it real. If one grower is using illegal pesticides, then our job as educators is not done.

I will say from my own heart, that if I was a patient I would first establish a trusting relationship with my potential grower, and listen carefully to the reasons they grow, their personal relationship status, with their family, friends, neighbors, and their beloved garden. I would inquire about all of their grow habits, as well as personal ones, rx use, alcohol, etc.

I'd want a list of ALL things used in "our garden" , and if a water test was performed, ever, and off the hip results even. I'd want to know about their gardening history, outside veggies even, and their thoughts on gmo's, round up, fertilizer industries, grow store follies, garden visitors, etc. I would fully expect my chosen caregiver to be using organic methods in the medical garden, dirt/peat, organic feed,c02 augmentation, ac, heat, HID's in flower, never a shortage, vast genetic selections, and strict rules.

I would be interested in their pest management practices, as the first question of the day. I am truthfully hearing less about pesticide use and more about management in the scene, mind you, mine is a small scene, and does not include grower friends or family(I have one family member, not seen for 5 years. He is the anti grassmatch, in most every point I make, so I wont include his stat at all, he has no patients but the ones in his house......

GM first you speculate that the mayheecanos* are dosing the donkey poo out of their Meds, then you show us references of the rampant use of them throughout the US. So your conclusion is that since people in the US who are growing in their basements, in an environment that must be like heaven for the breeding of parasitic plant pests with no other natural predators. So then: the Mexicans must be using it since they are growing in completely different conditions.  Not to mention 3 of the 4 refs are Lab Proponents or Lab owners. 

The OP is about justifying a morally bankrupt policy... your "Drug War".  Now you're saying burn theirs and buy Premium Priced American Meds infested with "pesticides/fungicides".[according to your refs] And support opportunistic regulatory policies like State run grows and Laboratory Testing? Basically on your own personal testimony that you walked their* fields?