Man, 26, Charged With Growing Marijuana Near Mt. Clemens School

bobandtorey

A 26-year-old New Baltimore man has been charged with growing 87 marijuana plants near a Mount Clemens school.

Macomb County Sheriff’s Office Lt. John Michalke said in a release issued today that Shane Boden first told investigators that he was a licensed medical marijuana caregiver. He later admitted he did not have a medical marijuana license and was leasing the building.

Officers discovered the plants Nov. 12 during a raid at the commercial building on Cass Avenue after receiving an anonymous tip. The 5-foot-tall plants being grown in five-gallon buckets were rigged into a sophisticated growing set-up that included air-cooled lamps, power inverters and power amplifiers, according to the Sheriff’s Office. The building is 120 feet from Prevail Academy, Michalke said today. The school has students in kindergarten through eighth grade.

Boden was arraigned Wednesday in 41B District Court in Clinton Township on charges of delivering/manufacturing marijuana; maintaining a drug house, and possession of marijuana in a school zone. Bond was set at $7500 cash or surety, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

http://www.freep.com/article/20131121/NEWS04/311210079/marijuana-man-arrested-license-school

well lets see it is crocker untill it reaches harper from jefferson,  than its cass untill grosebeck and I beleive clinton twp is on both sides of mt.clemens, and I only remember one school between gratiot and groesbeck on crocker.  and most comm property is near grosebeck, so where is the building at, I have a friend who owns a biz right near there pretty much on the train tracks,

Its actualy a pretty rough area.  Loose Lips Sink Ships!  I bet a Teacher/student got a loose lip or a sniff of it!

Peace

Edited by phaquetoo

I wonder what a power amplifier is?

It would have cost him, at most, 750 to pay for 6 doctors visits, 600 dollars for 6 applications, and 5 oz /mo for his 5 patients to just "buy" his license for 72 plants. Even though the individual transactions he would likely make (outside of his 5) would not be covered by the MMMA, it would have made law enforcement work much harder (they'd have to prove the specific illegal transactions). NOT that I'd recommend doing anything illegal, it's stupid to play with your freedom. But if you are going to be a criminal you could at least try to be good at it.

The way he was doing it, he might as well have just put the cuffs on himself.

Penny-wise, pound-poor. Sad.

Edited by Guanotea1

I wonder what a power amplifier is?

It would have cost him, at most, 750 to pay for 6 doctors visits, 600 dollars for 6 applications, and 5 oz /mo for his 5 patients to just "buy" his license for 72 plants. Even though the individual transactions he would likely make (outside of his 5) would not be covered by the MMMA, it would have made law enforcement work much harder (they'd have to prove the specific illegal transactions). NOT that I'd recommend doing anything illegal, it's stupid to play with your freedom. But if you are going to be a criminal you could at least try to be good at it.

The way he was doing it, he might as well have just put the cuffs on himself.

Penny-wise, pound-poor. Sad.

Yeah he would have made LEO work harder if he put up that front, but that invites conspiracy and other charges if they wade through it, so why bother?  Add to that the likely multiple counts of selling to a non-patient and racking up serious time.  So while a cardholder might have some initial smokescreen, if he get nabbed, he is worse of than if he had no card at all.    Do it right or don't do it at all.  :(

Edited by Highlander