Question About Obtaining Clones

vandowls

Is it leagal to purchase clones from another caregiver? I have tried finding "the law" on. It but have found contradictory information. Could someone please direct me ? I have no interest in breaking the law. I found throughout the net a person in my town willing to sell clones. I just want to make sure I'm not breaking the law!

if you're legitimately carded as able to possess plants you will be protected according to our Act. The seller will not , unless he also has a card, with your name on it, from the state, naming him as your caregiver. http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(ozcw2wisgpwoxe45s0m1chn3))/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-Initiated-Law-1-of-2008

Lol, then I guess the answer is no. I have my caregivers card, only. I didn't think it would be so difficult to find clones and seeds!

..turns out it really isn't that hard to find clones and seeds.....many, many CGs are willing to transfer clones and seeds to another CG (for a fee of course).  And the general consensus seems to be that the seller isn't protected in this transaction but the buyer is.

That said, I have not heard of a single incident of a narc or LEO selling clones or seeds and then arresting the legit CG or patient who bought them.  This sort of activity would be a huge waste of LEO's time, and it seems that even they know that.

Is it leagal to purchase clones from another caregiver? I have tried finding "the law" on. It but have found contradictory information. Could someone please direct me ? I have no interest in breaking the law. I found throughout the net a person in my town willing to sell clones. I just want to make sure I'm not breaking the law!

You may want to consider dropping your patients, then find the specific strains your patients prefer for their ailments from a CG who may have those strains and sign on to him as a patient, write a "rental agreement" so he can rent your room so you and him can transport the clones to "his" rented spot (closet perhaps). Then he can drop you as a patient, you re-register as a CG with LARA, cancel the rental agreement and bam! I think that may work for ya, but I'm no lawyer either, but good luck in your journey in not breaking any laws!

But he wouldn't be circumventing the law.  He is protected for acquiring from anyone - even a street dealer.

hes only a caregiver he said...

there is no precedence...

if it was me and i had to do it all over again and i was not a patient... i would be nervous.

as a caregiver who is starting out... and not a patient... it will be difficult to describe a legal resource.

it's a conundrum thats for sure..

hes only a caregiver he said...

there is no precedence...

if it was me and i had to do it all over again and i was not a patient... i would be nervous.

as a caregiver who is starting out... and not a patient... it will be difficult to describe a legal resource.

it's a conundrum thats for sure..

OK yes, very true.  The SC in the McQueen ruling seemed to tap-dance around this in the Appendix in a way hints that the CG would be protected for acquiring anywhere - same as a patient...but it is by no means explicit and is really only an advisory opinion anyway.  So I stand corrected.

• 4 weeks later...