Medical Marijuana Is Top Priority For House Panel In December

Sec. 8. (a) Except as provided in section 7(b), a patient and a patient's primary caregiver, if any, may assert the medical purpose for using marihuana as a defense to any prosecution involving marihuana...

Is it too much trouble to look to the law? Forgive me, but I thought this was common knowledge in the community. If anyone is unaware of that, please refresh yourselves or read it for the first time.

Edited by GregS

There was a case not to long ago, people Vs. Milliken, his Sec 8 failed, not sure why though.. Another thing I wish they would change is, "People Vs xxxxx" if it really was "the people" then "the people" voted for MMJ for an alternative medicine...

Try State v xxxx. They are used pretty much interchangeably for purposes of citation, though not always.

You might find this interesting:

Edited by GregS

profile_mask2.png
Judiciary Committee <hrep-judi@listserver.legislature.mi.gov>
11:13 AM (48 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to HREP-JUDI
cleardot.gif

House Standing Committee Meeting

Judiciary, Rep. Kevin Cotter, Chair

DATE: Thursday, December 05, 2013

TIME: 8:15 AM

PLACE: Room 521, House Office Building, Lansing, MI

AGENDA:
HB 4271 (Rep. Callton)  Controlled substances; marihuana; state and local regulation of marihuana provisioning centers; provide for.

HB 5104 (Rep. Kowall)   Health; medical marihuana; marihuana infused products; allow.

SB 660  (Sen. Kahn)     Controlled substances; marihuana; sale of pharmaceutical-grade cannabis through licensed facilities; allow under certain circumstances and regulate the possession and use of pharmaceutical-grade cannabis by certain individuals.

To view text of legislation go to:
 http://www.legislature.mi.gov/mileg.aspx?page=CommitteeBillRecord

Committee Clerk: Angie Lake
Phone: 517-373-5795
e-Mail: alake@house.mi.gov

Individuals who wish to bring written testimony need to supply a minimum of thirty copies for distribution.

Individuals needing special accommodations to participate in the meeting may contact the Chair's office.

Schedule changes or cancellations available at www.legislature.mi.gov or 24 hours at (517) 373-8140.

Notice posted: 12/2/2013

You beet me too it Lol :watching:  we both are watching how this is going down and it is only my opinion that we need a Army of Patients and Caregiver to show up

and if anyone is going from my area i could use a ride this is going to be one of the times that does count on all to get involved and put down any kind of disagreements you may have within this site or others

I would hope that the Lawyers will be there?

Edited by bobandtorey

Any updates? I'm an eager one for more info! I'm confident they will allow Dispencaries in some form, also the Medibles... Thousands of people prefer to eat cannabis over smoking it. I'm curios to know when this will be heard aswell, when in Dec.

yes they are open to the public, but seating is limited.  If it is an overflow crowd typically they open additional rooms and you can watch on closed circuit tv.

the hearing room is 521 of the House Office Building aka The Anderson Building...

located across the street from the Capitol, one block East….

It may be on internet tv as well, and for that you need to view using Microsoft Explorer...