Anxious And Embarrassed

vandowls

I have been sitting in front of my computer for about 15 minutes now wanting to ask a question, but am so utterly embarrassed, but my anxiety is getting the best of me. Ok, here goes……..several weeks ago we ordered seeds from the internet, when they never came in I just cut my losses to lesson learned. Well yesterdayI receive a slip in the mailbox stating we had a package we had to sign for at the post office. My son went to pick it up and they reported they could not find it (for our post office this is not at all uncommon!!!! in fact people in our community pay extra to have stuff shipped UPS or FedEx because its such a problem) So he told them just to redeliver it today. This whole time I am thinking it is the 4 rolls of wallpaper I ordered, or maybe the comforter I ordered. So the mailman comes today, has me sign the orange slip and hands me our regular mail and a small bubbled envelope. I open the envelope and apparently our seed order was confiscated in NY. Then I see the mailman siting in his truck on his phone. How prepared for the worst should I be here? I feel like I am just sitting here waiting to be arrested. 

Umm, not sure but just some thoughts..

Were the seeds shipped to your real name, umm by CC#, obviously shipped to your home addy?

I wouldn't be tripping to bad because your never gained position of anything, ANYONE could have shipped that to your house and just waited and grabbed the mail before you..

I haven't  heard of any many horror stories over some seeds.. dunno though just typing out loud.. hit the vape and relax

Trix
:bong2:

Well I thought I did, I ordered them from the Original Sensible Seed Company. This is becoming ever so frustrating to me as I can honestly say, when I ordered the seeds I honestly believed that since we are in Michigan and I have a caregivers card and my son a patient card, it was legal. It was not until I believed I wasn't going to receive them and began to google it that I was made aware that is not legal to ship seeds even to Michigan. I am having the damnedest time finding a legal way to obtain seed or clones! I am so very frustrated at this point! and now I feel like any minute I all be arrested because I signed for the envelope!!

There is always concern. :-)

But  usually when confiscated at customs, they merely send you a letter stating so.  Reputable seed companies, when given a copy of said letter, will replace your seed order as it is their fault for it not being delivered. They have not fulfilled their promise of delivery. 

You are not responsible for said delivery nor were you committing an illegal act until you received said seeds.  It is legal for you to possess seeds under Michigan law. The Feds will 99.9999999999% never prosecute a case on this. They simply confiscate at customs.

:-)

Yeah, I received "the letter" in the envelope that should have contained the seeds stating they were confiscated . To be perfectly honest, at this time I have no intentions of trying to have the order resent, as I do know now it is in fact illegal. Like I have said all along, my intent is to be totally within the law! I think what isn't helping me is I do not smoke therefore I have ABSOLUTELY NO resources for this sort of thing and it appears that you can't trust anyone from the stuff I have read. I had looked for clones and found a guy in my town that sells them, however, when I posed the question on here a few days ago, I learned that is illegal as well and since his post said "all sizes/stages" I thought it might be a set-up of some sort.

I guess its more of the signing for them that is making me nervous. Had I known it wasn't one of the other two packages, I would have declined to sign. I do know however the government does require signature on some mail received from other countries. I have belonged to a pen pal site for many years and when my pals and I have sent stuff back and forth, I often was required to go to the post office and sign for the mail. every time I received something from China, Egypt or Italy. 

You have nothing to worry about. Choose a different shipping company next time though, with shipping options.

your postman knows nothing of the contents, and some agent is cultivating all of the cannabis cup winners somewhere !

shtizu happens to the best of us. that company in particular will resent the package at no cost if you ask nicely, and prove the copy of the confiscate letter.

There are legal ways of obtaining seeds also. You can often find them at the still open dispensaries in Ann Arbor, and there are a few clubs offring them too. Some local seed reps have websites for more info. pureseedsmichigan com is one.

Edited by grassmatch

You the Patient can buy whatever... its the seller that is breaking the law "possibly"

I know the law sounds real hard to navigate and it is.. But take a few breaths meet a couple people, There are many Compassion Clubs that hold weekly or monthly Not sure on dates or Locations I can develop a list for you..

There are ways to do it "legaly" just always seems like your breaking some form some way..

This is your first go around in the program?

If so thats the hardest stage get past your first year and its all about staying on top of your new laws and such. hardest part is the paperwork, start networking and you should find the product. good luck stay calm :)

Trix
:bong2:

I am the caregiver only, can I still "buy what ever"? Yes I am as new as they get for doing this and I know absolutely no one! I tried posting on here and google-ing compassion clubs. I live in St. Johns and could not find any close, or when I did all of the posts, sites and calendars have not been updated for months to years! I would love, love, love to attend a meeting if I could find one, or hell even meet  others who do this but its not exactly the type of question you go around asking people!

Don't sweat it, I didn't. I had no problems, worst case is they take them and grow them, and you don't get your beans.. With x-mas coming up. There's alot of traffic there, I got two orders of beans with no problem, that was from Attitude Seed Bank, the website has a fist, great selection and speedy delivery.. If you are familiar with growing and really want specific strains that best suit your patients needs then order genetics, if your just starting out then I wouldn't (IMO) spend the money trying to dial everything in.. The downfall to going to some local guy is they can call a plant ANY strain they want, not likely but it's possible. Call them and explain to them that customs got your beans and you would like them to resend them, after all- it's only a couple dozen beans! That's just my opinion

Oh yea, Van you can purchase clones.. Now selling them is "illegal" they say. But you can buy them, only the seller is at risk, not you. Possession of a seed is not illegal either, seeds coming from other country's TO the states is illegal, but the only person that "I" have heard of going down for it is the prince of pot, Mr. Emery... but again I'm not legal counsel and you have to make your own choices, that's all I have to say. Enjoy

Yes, after major, extensive searching I have found the same MiMedical. That makes me feel only slightly less anxious. 

Grassmatch, I just noticed the second part of your comment: "There are legal ways of obtaining seeds also. You can often find them at the still open dispensaries in Ann Arbor, and there are a few clubs offring them too. Some local seed reps have websites for more info. pureseedsmichigan com is one."

Ann Arbor is about 2 hours from me, but I guess it would be worth it to avoid all this other trouble! I thought ALL dispensaries were ordered to shut down? 

Stop worrying.  Anyone could have had those sent to your address.  If they were going to bust  you for seeds, you would have received them.  It is pretty hard to bust someone for something they do not have.  When they raid someone for a illegal shipment, it happens within seconds of the shipment being received.  

People get those letters all the time.

Also, mail people tend to live on the phone.  Or at least mine does.

That being said, you should always stay well within the law.

Edited by thanks2

my mom used to tell me "stop it" all the time, I didn't listen much either.

get some TGA, rare dankness, Reserva Prada, mr nice, dna, and cali connection, for your needs, thank me later.

If you weren't hundreds of miles from me, I'd have coffee with you, and show you how to get all of those for free :bong2:

Yes, after major, extensive searching I have found the same MiMedical. That makes me feel only slightly less anxious. 

Grassmatch, I just noticed the second part of your comment: "There are legal ways of obtaining seeds also. You can often find them at the still open dispensaries in Ann Arbor, and there are a few clubs offring them too. Some local seed reps have websites for more info. pureseedsmichigan com is one."

Ann Arbor is about 2 hours from me, but I guess it would be worth it to avoid all this other trouble! I thought ALL dispensaries were ordered to shut down? 

If you have a medical marijuana card you can buy and possess all the seeds you want. You can own a pickup truck full. Seeds are not counted as usable marijuana along with stems and roots.

(k) "Usable marihuana" means the dried leaves and flowers of the marihuana plant, and any mixture or preparation thereof, but does not include the seeds, stalks, and roots of the plant.

It is only illegal to sell seeds and marijuana. Card holders are immune from prosecution for buying marijuana up to 2.5 ounces.

I thought it's been reasonably determined that Vando will be perfectly fine. Gypsy was a huge international seed seller, which has little to do w the specifics of this thread. Vando, get more seeds from a different supplier... it'll be thee best way to recover w a feeling of accomplishment.

Edited by abe supercro

If you have a medical marijuana card you can buy and possess all the seeds you want. You can own a pickup truck full. Seeds are not counted as usable marijuana along with stems and roots.

(k) "Usable marihuana" means the dried leaves and flowers of the marihuana plant, and any mixture or preparation thereof, but does not include the seeds, stalks, and roots of the plant.

It is only illegal to sell seeds and marijuana. Card holders are immune from prosecution for buying marijuana up to 2.5 ounces.

Let's not get carried away.  The law allows us any amount of "incidental" seeds.  "Incidental" means "unintended."  How in heaven's name would you be able to claim that your pickup truck load of seeds is "unintended?" 

It is great that you quoted what "usable marijuana" means.  But how is that relevant?  Seeds aren't included in "usable marijuana" .....so where is the protection for possessing seeds?  There's nothing in the MMMA that grants protection for possessing ununsable marijuana (seeds).  So maybe give us a better idea where you gather the support for this position.