If U Only Have 5 Patients Why Would U Need More Then 2 Plant Flowering?

JBINDICA

I have been a caregiver since 09 and can tell u I have never had  patient take more then a oz a month

but even on the high end of the allowed 2oz a month that would be 10oz a month,

u can grow an 8 to 12oz plant a month, thats one plant put into flower every 4 wks

this is more then enough for 5 patients, u maintain your veg with 3 tiered

Not everyone pulls that kind of weight off one plant and some strains do not yield those kind of numbers I keep 6-8 in flower at all times and harvest a couple a week I have 1 patient who smokes a ounce every 6 months and 1 who smokes 2-4 a month way too many variables involved here to give a specific number for each grower who is also a caregiver.

You can go the path of diversity and have them yield about 1 oz./plant.  Just flower them earlier.  Makes for a more spread out harvest cycle, easier plants to hang the whole plant.  Plus variety is the spice of life. 

Also regular seeds will yield half males on avg.  Just using reg seeds can double the amount of plants.  Or more if you get hi male ratios.  A problem I think I'm going to have w/ Afghan Kush.  5/5 males so far, 5 to go.

I agree with King and Norby. My patients insist on their preferred strains. With 5 patients, I would need at least 4 different strains to keep my patients happy.

Consumption: Well, when it comes to oil, one of the cancer patients I supplied oil to, he consumed as high as 1/2 oz per day of bud converted into oil. That batch of oil I made super clean. I only yielded about 3 grams of oil per ounce of bud. The patient at one point reached about 1 - 1.25 grams of oil per day! Even at one gram of oil per day, every three days that would equal an ounce of bud. Going through the Rick Simpson treatment program is not easy to provide and it is not easy to consume.

I have never really tried to grow giant plants indoors. I have always had at least 4 plants under each light. Under a 1000W HPS light, with the strains I am running, I average 12 - 16 ounces, usually only 12 though. By no means am I the most efficient grower. I have only focused on quality. If the law changes and our plant limits are cut in half, then I would consider growing 1 giant plant under each light.

It would be nice to see some pictures of those 8 ounce and larger plants that you are growing. Please show, would love to see.

I have been a caregiver since 09 and can tell u I have never had patient take more then a oz a month

u can grow an 8 to 12oz plant a month, thats one plant put into flower every 4 wks

12 plants are needed if you want to further experiment or diversify your genetics, also it is a buffer for any uninteded loss.

12 oz in a 30 day flower? The math is a little fuzzy...a pic would help

The repubs want to reduce the plant count to screw us patients.....don't let them

I would rather compost any theoretical overage than regret not having a sufficient uninterrupted supply for my patients.

I want a variety of strains for perspective patients. You never know what strain they will require. With 12 plants/patient you can have an arcenal of genetics at the ready to help them once they are in the system. Otherwise they may have to wait months for you to ramp up.

caregivers Need the plant count to be 12/patient to Best. Provide for the patient.

Happy Turkey Day

Edited by beourbud

one reason is when you harvest a plant that'll end up being 8  ounces of dried bud, you're now in possession of

useable marijuana, that weighs near 32 ounces the first day, shedding water for days until down to eight, at which anytime during

you may be over your weight limits of useable marijuana. along with every post mentioned so far, I'd like to add the fact an "eight ounce "

plant will require more indoor resources than 4- "2 ounce plants".  Its a ton of work indoors to manage a tree. I've done it in my room,

with 11 foot ceilings, and quickly learned from my follies.  I grow 10-15 under limit usually, in one gallon grow bags, 25 or so different strains at once, in a perpetually planted/harvested manner. All but three or four are in different stages of growth full time, half in flower, 1/4 in clone, and a 1/4 awaiting in veg around 18inches tall.. Patients need variety, as I do. I need to be able to supply them each twice monthly sometimes, with fresh, dried various buds on demand. I ask only for a 24 hour notice. It's magic when the schedule is working, always legal, always supplied. This depends largely on your patient registry, their consistency, and expected needs.

It's important to align your patients' expectations with your own, before registration. This makes my gardening experience more fun than it is work.

You blue ribbon gardeners have sort of screwed it up for the rest of us.  Growers that get the best yields choose proper genetics but then have all the technology and power possible to increase yield.  That is great that you can get 8-12 oz's per plant.  Congrats!

The problem is that many folks can't afford to run a system with multiple1000 watt lights with CO2 delivery and with light movers and with, etc, etc  so they don't yield nearly that much per plant.  You super growers have bragged so much about your record breaking yields that the politicians think anyone can harvest a pound per plant.  They think the average patient has way too much medicine by allowing 12 plants and that is just plain wrong. 

If I attempted to ration meds with erroneous "allowable limits", my registry would be reduced to a few needing less than an ounce also.

I've been a cg since 2008, and I never had a patient needing LESS than an ounce per month.

I know many cg's will register just anybody, and then see how it works out. but not me, I leave nothing to chance, because I'm worth the efforts of a successful registry full time.

Their is no "high end of allowable marijuana" to be rationed to patients by the way. No law limits their usage amount, only their possession at a given time. Please read the laws more carefully. The last thing we need is made up limits imposed upon needy patients.

peace out

I have been a caregiver since 09 and can tell u I have never had  patient take more then a oz a month

u can grow an 8 to 12oz plant a month, thats one plant put into flower every 4 wks

Medical cannabis isn't all about weights and numbers, it's medicine. I need 4 strains just for my own personal ailments. Everyone is different and their ailments may require different strains than I do.

If you are truely medical then you understand that it's not about how many ounces you pull off a plant. We have to deal with that because of the folks that just want to max out off of every plant they grow and cash in like that.

Gee thanks hogs and braggarts. I just had a talk with a couple in a long line at a store. We medical growers are all stupid hogs and braggarts to a lot of folks out there. Took me a half an hour to turn that impression around. We parted on good terms with a smile and good holiday wishes. Sometimes it not about the stuff you are buying, it's about the folks around you every day. Pay it forward, don't be a hog and braggart. Be a humble and hard working gardener that realizes it's not about a wheel barrow full of pot and a sack of cash.

You blue ribbon gardeners have sort of screwed it up for the rest of us.  Growers that get the best yields choose proper genetics but then have all the technology and power possible to increase yield.  That is great that you can get 8-12 oz's per plant.  Congrats!

The problem is that many folks can't afford to run a system with multiple1000 watt lights with CO2 delivery and with light movers and with, etc, etc  so they don't yield nearly that much per plant.  You super growers have bragged so much about your record breaking yields that the politicians think anyone can harvest a pound per plant.  They think the average patient has way too much medicine by allowing 12 plants and that is just plain wrong. 

Exactly.

From what I have seen and heard, growers who can get 8+ ounces off a single plant are few and far between. I hear about them on the internet and, as stated above, they use extreme methods and equipment to obtain those results. I guess I am what would be called an "average grower". I have never been able to get more than 2-3 ounces off a single plant no matter what I do.

People on the internet brag all the time about all sorts of amazing things they are able to do. Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Edited by Chauncy Gardner

There is a need for multiple plants when using mixtures or preparations thereof for seriously debilitated people. Yields are more typically 1 oz of dried leaves and flowers per plant rather than a pound for the average home grower. In many cases an ounce is not harvested. We know this. The intent of the law is, in my considerable opinion, to ensure that fully adequate capacity to produce is the norm. If we consider that we can produce enough in one harvest to meet our needs for a reasonable length of time, it is not necessary to have plants in continuing production.

Edited by GregS

if the resources are available, like outside, or ridiculous vegging times indoors, with artful training and support, these monsters appear easily. being a ridiculous amount of resources needed indoors, legal caregiver don't normally choose to expend those. Take a look in cali outdoor, 8 ounces is not a giant in comparison to these outdoor wonders.

Oh man I couldnt agree more, good if you only need a few, please don't fuel the fire. Crops fail, infestations, poor crop not of quality for patient, males, hermies, blah blah......those are the things you have to avoid.while.growing, if not, you must hurdle these obstacles to deliver meds consistently.

I am saddened we put things out there that say, you don't need more than 3. Some minds will presume that the truth, and everyone else the bad guy making money. Btw, if you can with 3 bravo. I've been around.too, can't do 3, and wouldnt want to....

But people, please get involved politically. We should not be debating numbers blindly, education in our government should teach them the issue is patient care, and the plants.should.be governed.to meet my patienta needs.

We must work to focus on the issues the way they should, not chase the leads they through and manipulate. In healthcare ( I am a member) each of our patients is expected to have the benefit.of the doubt with pain and "pain is what the patient reports".

This was needed as other people began placing opinions of what people felt and when.they obtained quality.of life, but people, this is.our right, in every medical situation, to have the respect that this is what we say it is, and we expect to be treated for what we say, until we feel its managed......done deal.....are there violators? Yup, but it serves the better good and.ensure the needy will be protected, unfortunately it adds a.cloak for a few.....worry about ensuring the sick and dying are heard for what they want, and only worry about not.hiding under a cloak.yourself. if you treat patients and.they heal.....that's al the banter we need ( at that level)o

And off the med note.....I'm in america, land of opportunity, this plant, this profession are tough, give me oppurtunity to succeed and peruse this career legally and regulated, and we are all set!

Be a humble and hard working gardener that realizes it's not about a wheel barrow full of pot and a sack of cash.

Thank You Joseph Stalin

Be Humble?....From a Guy who refers to himself as a hero in his sig line....Please

You would brag to if knew how to grow.outstanding meds at a fraction of the cost......Come out of the Closet

Not sure if i can quantify the nerve it takes for a politician to mention wheel barrel and cash in the same sentence,  must be pretty comfortable with the notion...

My question is can you grow MMJ in an outdoor greenhouse during summer or would it just get buggy?

It depends on the strain, the season and the conditions of the greenhouse and the native bugs in the area.  Some strains are bred for greenhouse conditions as some are better at withstanding heat, cold or mold.  It depends I guess would be the answer.  You'd have the most success by researching what strains you're going to use.

I already have the distinct feeling that I WILL have to grow for myself. Do any of you know what it is like to depend on someone and then find out they lied about EVERYTHING they told you for 2 years,then just dump you? Pts like me will end of doing for our selves. And those plants will be mine and I can finally get away from all this bull and people wanting to use me so they can grow 12 plants,sell me 1 oz and do what they want with the rest. What pt here can afford to even buy 2.5 oz?                                                        If I can grow awesome flowers,I can grow some MJ in our yard. The way nature intended. Deer will eat it,the outdoor harmless bugs will fly on it,it will have seeds,I don't care. At least I will know it is not poisoned,and will not tell ANYONE I am doing it. It will be watered with pure mineral rich well water or rain.Composted with my OWN clean compost pile ingredients. And then my dependence on others will be severed. Maybe it won't be cannabis cup worthy,but it will still be from Mother Nature. The green house can be used for vegetables that I can start in the house. I grow other herbs,so might as well give it a try. behind the fence,disguised by other "weeds". The dogs will be behind the fence,so if anybody wants to try and get in will deal with them. No gates,the only  way to get in is from inside the house. And I will start with the 30 years old seeds I still have. If they can pop,they can grow.

I already have the distinct feeling that I WILL have to grow for myself. Do any of you know what it is like to depend on someone and then find out they lied about EVERYTHING they told you for 2 years,then just dump you? Pts like me will end of doing for our selves. And those plants will be mine and I can finally get away from all this bull and people wanting to use me so they can grow 12 plants,sell me 1 oz and do what they want with the rest. What pt here can afford to even buy 2.5 oz?                                                        If I can grow awesome flowers,I can grow some MJ in our yard. The way nature intended. Deer will eat it,the outdoor harmless bugs will fly on it,it will have seeds,I don't care. At least I will know it is not poisoned,and will not tell ANYONE I am doing it. It will be watered with pure mineral rich well water or rain.Composted with my OWN clean compost pile ingredients. And then my dependence on others will be severed. Maybe it won't be cannabis cup worthy,but it will still be from Mother Nature. The green house can be used for vegetables that I can start in the house. I grow other herbs,so might as well give it a try. behind the fence,disguised by other "weeds". The dogs will be behind the fence,so if anybody wants to try and get in will deal with them. No gates,the only  way to get in is from inside the house. And I will start with the 30 years old seeds I still have. If they can pop,they can grow.

Now you're talking!

I understand that you have had a very bad CG experience.

You are not the only one.  However, I can personally empathize

with you as I had a couple of not so good experiences also.

I am in no way saying that all or even a larger % of CG's

are this way.  In fact I believe it to be the opposite.

I too have decided to grow my own.  It may not be the 'cannabis

cup' meds I would love to grow.  It will be mine though... and I can

only get better at it through time, trial and error.

I prefer my independence anyway... so, ever onward I shall go.

I too grow a whole bunch of other plants, some herbs, some foods,

some just ornamental... I am learning that as a 'weed', weed takes a

little bit of adjusting to for optimum results.  I am also an easier the

better kind of grower, so the 'kiss' method is what I strive for.

I wish you the best in your endeavor jointedone.

Dont put a whole bunch of seeds in one hole, last time I did that every single one of them popped lol, I was out there every morning yanking babys, dont worry when they start sexing you can catch it before they polinate your ladys! You can get your self an easy start out kit, a tent, lights, ballast or use t-5's they are flouro and dont use much electric, a few in line fans cheap ones, a lil fan you prob already have to put a breeze on the lady's . if ya kinda spend a lil less on christmas presents and get anything back from taxes im sure you can do it,

You dont realy need the tent, but it is way easier to keep it light tite, a closet will do just fine, and you just grow a few from start to finish and start again, you could prob put a lil lite above your growing lites on a shelf and have a lil clone cupboard also in one closet!

If there is a will there is a way!

Peace

• 2 weeks later...