Dispensaries And The Intent Of The Voters

bobandtorey

in your opinion do you think the reason is 1)Price, 2) Quality,3) Lack of local availability ?

This is purely my opinion, but I think price is the main reason.  Wholesale prices in NorCal are way cheaper than here.  I haven't worked with dispensaries since 2011, but I've heard many stories of local dispensaries offering no more than $125/oz. for top shelf indoor overages that they then gram out for $20-25.  That's basically saying "we don't want locally produced medicine unless you're giving it away." 

Again, this is based on anecdotal reports, and nothing more than my opinion.

yes they make a large profit,but look at the huge risk they take.They do a big business because people want to go there.Yes they charge up to 25 a gram but you can
also find decent meds for much less.
many people are not comfortable trying to find a caregiver,and lets face it a lot of them are growing mediocre meds.
People want easy access and convenience and many are willing to pay a little more for it.
Why do people spend a dollar for a bottle of water at a party store when they buy a case of 24 for four dollars,how much markup is that.
but to each his own ,i have a good caregiver but also go to dispensarys once in a while.
peace

maybe I should consider 280 a compliment !  not worth the risk to me, and they could not do it anon...... they were getting brick for 125oz$, no idea where from, but not local, green, mids, acceptable to most.

of course it was marked up as you say, but didn't slow the sales at all.

This is purely my opinion, but I think price is the main reason.  Wholesale prices in NorCal are way cheaper than here.  I haven't worked with dispensaries since 2011, but I've heard many stories of local dispensaries offering no more than $125/oz. for top shelf indoor overages that they then gram out for $20-25.  That's basically saying "we don't want locally produced medicine unless you're giving it away." 

Again, this is based on anecdotal reports, and nothing more than my opinion.

Any one remember what these 'compassionate' dispensary persons did in 2011?

Come time for outdoor harvest here in MI, they brought in cali and coli  herb instead of stocking local. 

Dirty, that was just plain dirty.

There are no provisions for dispensaries as we speak.

I did not even consider dispensaries when voting for Prop 1 in 2008.

I know right? I was seeing them pop up all over and was like, wow they must be legal. My local DTF visited nicely nearby and wished them the best of luck !. city hall was booming with ideas, it seemed perfect. They raised big money for all kinds of causes and fed hungry people by the hundreds. I couldn't believe it was the same dtf that raided the place within a couple yrs.

it's always more than 12 plants per patient, more than 2.5 ounces per patient, more than 5 patients being provided for, more than the allowed people in a grow room, rented buildings, common sense violations etc. the man gets pissed when an attempt to commercialize is shown, I saw that intent the very first time I read the Act. The people that searched for short cuts and tricks, justified those challenges on the backs of those who strive to follow the laws. Most of us did not need a re defining of our Act, but thanks to ALL who accepted minor plea deals, for their part in our further oppression.

I propose that it must continue to be profitable to open these places, and worth the misdemeanor offense. I'm afraid of a militarized police force bent on the destruction of their evil weed. I would be fearful for the lives and reputations of others who work for me in a dispensary setting, make purchases, or even hang out. We all value our freedoms to different extents, and we all grow for varying reasons. We all should be refraining from lawlessness while these matters are at hand, before we lose all of those granted freedoms, or worse, discover what our freedoms were worth.

how much bloody money would it take to calm my fears I wonder ??

Any one remember what these 'compassionate' dispensary persons did in 2011?

Come time for outdoor harvest here in MI, they brought in cali and coli  herb instead of stocking local. 

Dirty, that was just plain dirty.

There are no provisions for dispensaries as we speak.

I did not even consider dispensaries when voting for Prop 1 in 2008.

Right On

Dispensaries Suck.....Their scht looks like it was prevaped.  It is ALL about the $$$$...make no mistake.

Once your in the door they drop the facade and are just drug dealers.

Just Say NO

WARNING     Dispensaries Can be harmful to your wallet., privacy, health and FREEDOM.

Edited by beourbud

it's always more than 12 plants per patient, more than 2.5 ounces per patient, more than 5 patients being provided for, more than the allowed people in a grow room, rented buildings, common sense violations etc. the man gets pissed when an attempt to commercialize is shown, I saw that intent the very first time I read the Act. The people that searched for short cuts and tricks, justified those challenges on the backs of those who strive to follow the laws. Most of us did not need a re defining of our Act, but thanks to ALL who accepted minor plea deals, for their part in our further oppression.

I propose that it must continue to be profitable to open these places, and worth the misdemeanor offense. I'm afraid of a militarized police force bent on the destruction of their evil weed. I would be fearful for the lives and reputations of others who work for me in a dispensary setting, make purchases, or even hang out. We all value our freedoms to different extents, and we all grow for varying reasons. We all should be refraining from lawlessness while these matters are at hand, before we lose all of those granted freedoms, or worse, discover what our freedoms were worth.

how much bloody money would it take to calm my fears I wonder ??

but thanks to ALL who accepted minor plea deals, for their part in our further oppression 

Sorry but

can i add to this imho i feel that some people would have not taken any plea deals if they would of had more support form others

fair enough. I know of a reason to stop fighting an unjust law, and that's cash reserves for legal representation. I get it, I do. Any person setting up shop from day one had access to the same law I did for a pretty clear read. they didn't misread any of it. They did indeed purposely set up shop to make money. no harm in that, its the American way. They set up an illegal shop, and were well aware of the laws, as well as an undying support of cash flow from the masses...."support" for breaking the law publicly. This dotted the eye of anyone else working hard to not sell to more than five patients, and not make profits from the sick, and not buy bricks of cali weed to mark up for sale.

How can we claim to support our law as written, and even act within it, and at the same time support the activity of anyone who decides to break the rules in the Act, in an attempt to make more money, with a mj card as their shield?   I supported concealed carry in our state, but did not support the many who decided to do it their own way without permission, and get caught.   Those ideals do not sit straight with an aligned soul I fear.  I'm not judging  the activist breaking an unjust law, but that's not at all what these wise guys were up to thusfar.

lack of money seems the common, in the beginning of their business, and the end of its defense. who got the money? who encouraged and supported these poor folks and their delusions of success at anarchy in public? who wrote these laws? who enforces them? who profits from them?

Seems logical that he who holds investment in the private prison system would want it to profit, by filling them with prisoners.  those with  portfolios, ira, 4o1k, etc, should see if maybe they are actually supporting this insane witch hunt for marijuana users that continues to be the majority of population in these very prison systems, and the lobbying machine behind new laws. 

but thanks to ALL who accepted minor plea deals, for their part in our further oppression 

Sorry but

can i add to this imho i feel that some people would have not taken any plea deals if they would of had more support form others

fair enough. I know of a reason to stop fighting an unjust law, and that's cash reserves for legal representation. I get it, I do. Any person setting up shop from day one had access to the same law I did for a pretty clear read. they didn't misread any of it. They did indeed purposely set up shop to make money. no harm in that, its the American way. They set up an illegal shop, and were well aware of the laws, as well as an undying support of cash flow from the masses...."support" for breaking the law publicly. This dotted the eye of anyone else working hard to not sell to more than five patients, and not make profits from the sick, and not buy bricks of cali weed to mark up for sale.

How can we claim to support our law as written, and even act within it, and at the same time support the activity of anyone who decides to break the rules in the Act, in an attempt to make more money, with a mj card as their shield?   I supported concealed carry in our state, but did not support the many who decided to do it their own way without permission, and get caught.   Those ideals do not sit straight with an aligned soul I fear.  I'm not judging  the activist breaking an unjust law, but that's not at all what these wise guys were up to thusfar.

lack of money seems the common, in the beginning of their business, and the end of its defense. who got the money? who encouraged and supported these poor folks and their delusions of success at anarchy in public? who wrote these laws? who enforces them? who profits from them?

Seems logical that he who holds investment in the private prison system would want it to profit, by filling them with prisoners.  those with  portfolios, ira, 4o1k, etc, should see if maybe they are actually supporting this insane witch hunt for marijuana users that continues to be the majority of population in these very prison systems, and the lobbying machine behind new laws. 

Thank you

so people are against regular drug dealers, who sell to kids.

but then people are against dispensaries that pay taxes and try to legitimatize it? checking ages at the door?

would you rather want drug dealers in the streets, shooting each other over turf.

or dispensaries in the empty strip malls, competing with better products ?

you dont see miller and budweiser shooting at each other.

spend your time wisely comparing drug dealers in the streets to businesses buying licenses, getting regulated by cities like ferndale, and being inspected and keeping a safe enviornment.

or just keep saying 'marijuana' and 'illegal' in the same sentence over and over again. hows that been helping you out so far?

i'm not saying anyone has to like or love dispensaries. but, like the black market, they are here to stay. you can either fix them up, or prohibit them. hows prohibition going so far??

Edited by t-pain

but then people are against dispensaries that pay taxes and try to legitimatize it?

Thinkin the ones who dont like drug dealers ALSO do not like dispensaries.

Tens of thousands of compliant cardholders.  sans drama

The dispensaries set us back....we will never forget the uncompliant  unbridled greed that is a cancer to our Good Law.  

There is nothing legitimate about a dispensary at this time in MI.....and tens of thousands are working to keep it that way.

but then people are against dispensaries that pay taxes and try to legitimatize it? checking ages at the door?

would you rather want drug dealers in the streets, shooting each other over turf.

spend your time wisely comparing drug dealers in the streets to businesses buying licenses, getting regulated by cities like ferndale, and being inspected and keeping a safe enviornment.

or just keep saying 'marijuana' and 'illegal' in the same sentence over and over again. hows that been helping you out so far?

i'm not saying anyone has to like or love dispensaries. but, like the black market, they are here to stay. you can either fix them up, or prohibit them. hows prohibition going so far??

Sorry

checking ages at the door? the last person i know ended up in court for over 3 years and he had no grow or Cannabis on him or at home he was just checking cards and got 2 year of peeing in a cup

R.I.P Brian

people are against dispensaries again sorry but i don't think every one is against them i think it's more about trusting them

i do agree that they are legal IMHO and the people that work for all of us in Lansing must also think it or they would not be working this hard to change the Law

for clarification, one caregiver can sell only to five patients, and only the ones who possess cards with the caregivers name on it. any activity outside of that scheme is illegal, without opinions. I share the opinion that they should be "legalized", but do not believe that they ARE legal currently. Any who support them with sales is casting votes in one direction, or another, not both though. I don't understand what is so wrong with following the damned law as written, and supporting others who do so in the first place and avoiding the "give em an inch, they take a mile" police hippy mantra ?

the only thing wrong with being restricted to five patients, is its half the potential money as having 10 patients, that's it. If they want to sell it to 100 people, do it, just like they did it before the Act was written. that's where I bought mine, from some of the same folks maybe ! But hiding behind our Act is really fuggin things up for the rest of us who are just fine with five patients, completely compliant, and happy to be legal.

people are against dispensaries again sorry but i don't think every one is against them i think it's more about trusting them

i do agree that they are legal IMHO and the people that work for all of us in Lansing must also think it or they would not be working this hard to change the Law