Advice On How To Set Up A Perpetual Grow.

have2getit

I have picked up 3 patients which gives me a total of 4 plus myself I have to provide for, so the every 2 1/2 months of harvesting isn't going to be sufficient. I have 4 different strains in my room 2 are 9 week, 1 10 week & 1 11 week flower period. I just got a 4x8x7 tent for my veg with a 600 watt mh, my bloom room is 14x20 but I only use a 8x8 with 4 600 in use. What I was thinking I wanted to harvest 4-6 plants every 2-3 weeks under each lamp& needed help putting a schedule together. I would really appreciate any help or suggestions. Forgot to mention that I also have a 4 tier rack used for cloning 2 of the tiers have a single 4' t5 so I have the setup just need someone that can help me with the plan. Thanks in advance & have a blessed & bountiful day .

I've used the perpetual methods since day one, but it was started in veg, with every plant vegging for every minute I could afford. At each harvest the same amount of vegging plants would be placed into the flowering room. Variables such as flowering periods, finish weight, health of the room and plants, etc will play hard in these systems. I see no other way for me o sty legal at all times, while assuring a constant supply of fresh harvest buds for patients. I settled with around 25 strains full time, with 25 or so in flower, at different stages of done always, 20 or so in veg, and the remaining in clone. I don't keep mother plants anymore, instead I clone from clones, and keep my genetic library in animated suspension tissue culture. This saves me the plant count, and the trouble of moms.

I end up chopping my veg plants weekly just to control their height. I never have a plant in veg bigger than 18 inches. Most of mine finish in 60 days of flower. I found c02 to be very helpful with finish times, finish weight, and increased terpene profiles. If it takes longer than 75 days to finish, I wont grow the strain. just me.

when I used hydro I found veg times were cut in half, but flower time was the same. I use all dirt now, and have long forgotten the dirt delay in veg. It all catches up.

I have 3 plants in flower and 4 plants in veg, all of my plants are a few weeks apart, when ever I take one out of flower I put one back in from veg, and by than I have at least one of my 2 or 3 week old clones in veg, that leaves me 5 slots for the most parts, I dont need to have 5 clones, Im my lady's c.g so I only have 12 plants to grow, I have a c.g he has my 12 plants to grow, when every thing is going good, I dont need clones, my c.g will bring me fully vegged plants or clones when I need them,  I am trying to get away from getting clones from any one at this time, Im starting from seed this time, Im planting 12 seeds Im hoping to get 6 girls, but I will take as many as they give me or dont!!

Its been since last spring since ive grown, every one I know has mites, so im hoping to use seeds I recieved from a friend, it is a realy good strain and Im hoping for the best, I will slip a few more seeds of a different strain when I have what I want out of the 1st batch of seeds, and hopefully I can clone them for ever lol!

Peace

Genetics are la con, kosher kush, holy grail kush, & I call it so called girl scout can't call it the real thing until I get some kind of confirmation. That's why I was asking for help so I could get some kind of idea what I would have to do on the veg & cloning side to keep that schedule. I have mothers of each strain & for as demand it is gonna be about oz or more a week per patient everyone including me has chronic back pain it runs in my family.

Edited by have2getit

Take the total number of plants you are allowed and divide by the number of weeks needed to get from cutting to delivery.  Lets say you can have 48 plants.  Keep no mothers. 

Cutting to fully rooted:  2 weeks

veg time:  4 weeks

Flower time with nutes:  7 weeks

Flower time in flush:  2 weeks

Dry:  1 week

This totals 16 weeks from the day you take the cutting until the day your patient gets a jar of dry meds.  Some cure time would be good, but if you do it right and flush well, the cure won't be as important.  Let the patient do the final cure if necessary.

48 plants/16 weeks per plant = three plants cut down per week.  Should be pretty easy to provide 1oz/week per patient if not a lot more.

Then you tell yourself that you have to put three plants every week in the flower room.  The more you improve your skills and the fewer clones you lose (you should be able to get to 100% success fairly soon), the bigger those three plants will be when you start flowering them.  But come heck or high water, keep those three per week going to flower.  As your garden matures and your skills improve, you'll see those three plants getting bigger and bigger, which means your yields will continue to increase as time goes by.

Focus on cloning.  That's the point of the most likely failure.  Once you get to a point where you are getting three solid clones produced per week, you are where you need to be.  Do a decent job from week 1 until week 16 with the growing.  You'll find that the biggest hurdle is getting a reliable flow of clones.

Again, force yourself to get to 100% success with clones and force yourself to move three plants (or whatever depending on your count) to flower every week.  If you get to that point, the details kinda work themselves out.

Edited by Highlander

For that many patients plus yourself you have to have a minimum of two plants available for harvest each 10-18 day period .

My point was the 12-18 days part means add plants to flower at these intervals then each set of plants ripens and is ready for harvest before I got blasted with bugs I was pulling a half pound a week .

• 1 month later...

I've used the perpetual methods since day one, but it was started in veg, with every plant vegging for every minute I could afford. At each harvest the same amount of vegging plants would be placed into the flowering room. Variables such as flowering periods, finish weight, health of the room and plants, etc will play hard in these systems. I see no other way for me o sty legal at all times, while assuring a constant supply of fresh harvest buds for patients. I settled with around 25 strains full time, with 25 or so in flower, at different stages of done always, 20 or so in veg, and the remaining in clone. I don't keep mother plants anymore, instead I clone from clones, and keep my genetic library in animated suspension tissue culture. This saves me the plant count, and the trouble of moms.

I end up chopping my veg plants weekly just to control their height. I never have a plant in veg bigger than 18 inches. Most of mine finish in 60 days of flower. I found c02 to be very helpful with finish times, finish weight, and increased terpene profiles. If it takes longer than 75 days to finish, I wont grow the strain. just me.

when I used hydro I found veg times were cut in half, but flower time was the same. I use all dirt now, and have long forgotten the dirt delay in veg. It all catches up.

Teach me the ways of tissue culture oh master! It has been too big of an undertaking thud far but my mamas must go to cryo!

I have mine set up to harvest once a month, so much easier and less work than trying to harvest every week. I carry five strains and throw a new strain ive never done in every cycle. I try to work it out with my patients so i know what theyre going to need and i meet that demand every month. Usually after six months with me, everything works like clockwork between us.

I found that ridding the garden of moms is not enough motivation to accomplish success with closet culture. Its expensive, time consuming, and very much counts on a drive to create. It could take a person a year to produce viable samples to replace moms. if that doesn't scare you the best primer I know of is "Plants From Test Tubes, available at online bookstores, and maybe free at the scribd.

Teach me the ways of tissue culture oh master! It has been too big of an undertaking thud far but my mamas must go to cryo!