What Does A Caregiver Do With Overages?

1joseph1

Actually,yes I am,imiubu. And really regret ever getting the card and all this govt interfering with the law we voted in. It is so discouraging and we cannot wait to get off the grid and live our own lives. I spoke the truth as I know it as far as dealing with CGS. When you are honest with a person,is it too much to expect them to treat you with the same honesty? I don't think it is. But what I think does not matter. I don't think any more. I just react. I believe I speak for many pts out there that are too afraid to speak up,or they will be "punished" like I am. One of my friends wants to become a pt. Migraines. I don't know one CG I would send her to. Her hubs can be her CG,but until then,she can't get any meds legally.. She is going to be very disappointed when she finds out how long she will wait after paying for everything.....plants is plants. They take time. I have given away so many of my own meds and medibles to people that need them. I don't charge for them. But I did pay for them. I want to help,not make a living. BTW if anyone would like to learn how to ride,show and own a horse,I can do that. THAT I do charge for.

Edited by jointedone

I wonder why a cg would make you wait for a supply?  I see my patients on day 21, after I mail our application, for the first time, with their first delivery. There is no waiting beyond that, and no money is ever collected without a delivery. I 25% up weigh my deliveries, and include new and upcoming samples. Since day one with my first patient, nobody has ever been without meds. 

I just have difficulty figuring how patients "get ripped off", or are "scammed" by their cg.  maybe there should be a website devoted to correctly matching caregiver with patients, in a personal way, not just location, but every aspect expectation in the relationship. Like a "Match.com" (Hmmm??)

There should be no compromises or deals involved. Everything should be agreed upon before registration, when the agreement is broken either way, each is free to move on.

I would never generalize patients, and have met more of them than caregivers. I will say though that before I was a caregiver I had never met an incompatible marijuana user, in personality, ideals, life, etc.  That changed quickly with my first interviews of carded patients online. Today I interview an average of 15 patients before I agree to be a caregiver for one. They fortunately will be a perfect match for another cg somewhere maybe. I'm in no rush at all searching for my desired registrants, but unfortunately those 14 have to do without meds until they can locate one. A dispensary would fix that.

some growers use this Slide1.jpg

because its the safest purest way to do this yourself. I saw my first one used for a botanical extraction in a compounding pharmacy I worked with, its pure genious.

now, for the profits...lets see. find a alternative treatment center, like a dravets group and donate your end product. You will be privy to all the lab results of your product, and they will help you along to perfect your craft. Make sure you are registered to the patient you provide for, the group will do the rest. I suggest registering the overseeing physician as your patient if he has a card,  normally agreeable.  You'll profit very little in a monetary sense at that point, but wait....after your work is known, you'll be infamous, and then quickly name it after yourself, get the youtube machine working for you, and voila!!!  profit!

expect about an 7-10 gram return on 2 room temperature ounces of bud only. The whole process takes about 1hour, including recapturing 100% of your solvent for the next use. A digi hot plate, and a small freezer can expedite this. 

good luck

Can someone please answer a question about overages?  I am considering becoming a caregiver and I am wondering if there is a legal way to profit from any overages I might have above and beyond what I supply my 5 allowed patients.  I have asked several other people and I get different answers.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

I wonder why a cg would make you wait for a supply?  I see my patients on day 21, after I mail our application, for the first time, with their first delivery. There is no waiting beyond that, and no money is ever collected without a delivery. I 25% up weigh my deliveries, and include new and upcoming samples. Since day one with my first patient, nobody has ever been without meds. 

I just have difficulty figuring how patients "get ripped off", or are "scammed" by their cg.  maybe there should be a website devoted to correctly matching caregiver with patients, in a personal way, not just location, but every aspect expectation in the relationship. Like a "Match.com" (Hmmm??)

There should be no compromises or deals involved. Everything should be agreed upon before registration, when the agreement is broken either way, each is free to move on.

I would never generalize patients, and have met more of them than caregivers. I will say though that before I was a caregiver I had never met an incompatible marijuana user, in personality, ideals, life, etc.  That changed quickly with my first interviews of carded patients online. Today I interview an average of 15 patients before I agree to be a caregiver for one. They fortunately will be a perfect match for another cg somewhere maybe. I'm in no rush at all searching for my desired registrants, but unfortunately those 14 have to do without meds until they can locate one. A dispensary would fix that.

When the program first started there were more bad c.g's than good, every one was throwing a p about it, the c.g's were only in it for money, even I thought I might get to make some cash legaly off of the program, So NOT True!

People were looking at the law and what ever wasnt directly in it the figured/wished it to be legal, all of the dispenses and farm markets at the beginning proves this, 95% are no longer up and running, people actualy thought p2p was legal and c.g to any p and c.g to dispenses were legal,,(I never thought any of it was legal but went with it) alot of pt's were not getting meds untill after their c.g sold to despenses to get their money back and a profit and even made a good size profig off of their pt's it their pt's were gullable enough!

Now I feel we finaly are at a good place as far as pt's and c.g's go, c.g's are putting out some of the best mm you can get.  But now most have had to go back to work, most quit and went c.g full time expecting to make a good living off of being a c.g, The program was never about c.g's getting rich or fake pt growers to get rich, it is about medical use, people have been using mj for yrs to help them get thru their cancer treatments, even hospitals let cancer pt's smoke mj in the cancer dept waiting rooms, ( i have been there and witnessed this)  I knew of 2 people on chemo and radiation that their dr.s told them to find some mj to help them settle their stomach and make them get the munchies!  That was in the early 80's!!  Henry ford main campus, grand blvd, in the D.

when alot of us think back that had c.g's in the begining it doesnt bring back good memmories, this passed,  you dont have to sign some one on when you first get your card, take your time, check the box that pt has possesion of plants, if you dont want to grow you will find some one your happy with, those of us that had realy bad experiences in the begining Know it was very difficult,  I dont beleive it is like that any longer!

When they make a new law or amend this one for dispenses, drug stores, and only a few liscensed growers 99 to 100% of the current pt/growers and c.g's will be the ones to lose first, than the pt's, and who knows how good it will be or how much it will be taxed?

Peace

it's crazy and I feel bad for all who feel burned in the program. I never met a disgruntled patient in 6 years, or a chitty caregiver even. I guess I should feel fortunate to not have to deal with those types. The day I was doc cert in southfield I called a number on a flyer list in the office. A cg showed up, clean respectful and cool, he supplied me immediately, and I was in awe. I met his wife and we all went to dinner, and he told me of some key mj growing points, and key patient management points too. I bought from him, and even supplied my first patients with his product, until mine was ready. It was seamless, and he earned my respect quickly.

I do this full time, and don't work outside of the home. Sometimes I make money, some times I pay. I don't feel guilty when I pay the bills and am able to upgrade grow equipment, light bulbs etc. Sometimes I even make enough to try out the latest available tools of our trade. I use the info to educate my patients, and even gift them all portable vaporizers for the health of it. I'd be just fine growing my own again, like when first carded, but admit to wildly investing into my craft to be the best I can be. I could foresee the days of cg's throwing in the towel, getting caught up in greed, lawlessness, and knew I would survive it. I noticed the whole web world devoting their attentions to the cheapest ways to harvest, rather than the best ways. Growing tricks were marketed to "fix" all kinds of people deficiencies. People still subscribe to these silly outdated tricks, and all suffer the same woes, yr after yr. it was decided early on that I would save for the occasion, and work from the top down instead . It paid off eventually. I watched other growers fall down, and quit also. Some became my patients.

The day I'm legally allowed to stock a provisioning center, I'll be their best friend, and wont feel guilty then either. I don't know why our Act was passed really, could be just a round up of all the people with the know how and motivation to grow/sell for a mas witch hunt, or maybe a way to cut that population out form normal access, to guns, medicine, health care, life insurances, gub'ment subsidizing,  or??  I don't know, but I cant blame anyone in these times for attempting to capitalize on an American dream, for an American dream. Providing goods and services to others wanting them is the cornerstone of our system, and ingrained in our heritage. Marijuana is a recognized commodity, and now on wall street trading its wares. I don't suspect anybody to give away their time and energy, risk their lives and family safety, because they want to be nice to a 24 year old internet stranger looking for the cheapest pot he can find for his sore elbow.

what?  who said anything about owning a provisioning centeror only supplying one if owned ?

the bulk of all dispensaries nationwide are supplied by growers, its not too difficult to imagine that the next dispensary will be also. I stressed the importance of being able to legally supply one.

You will only supply a provisioning center if you own it. Good luck with that ......

They supply themselves, either outright, or by proxy. Live and learn. Some MIGHT use you for a short time when they first open. Just think about it a little more and you will realize they want to supply themselves, wouldn't you? It's just common sense and understanding the equation of how supplying yourself changes things immensely in your favor.

Edited by Restorium2

understood, but trust me, with plant counts in mind, they don't grow for themselves here. Daily, I could stock three off the top of my mind, with 100% of every bud I produce, if I had no scruples. This is indeed how they do business in MI, first hand knowledge, recent even. Taking in product, doubling and tripling investment, and never getting "dirty" is their goal.

I agree the centers will not be buying cannabis from someone they don't even know if  they do it would be only for a short time until there grow is up and running after that you'll on your own

we all know you can make more $$ growing then paying someone to do it because if the Law does protect them from getting raided thats the most fear anyone has

right now imho if that fear would ever goes away i would start growing myself and that has not happen as of yet there is nobody that i know could understand it unless 

it has happen to them it's easy to say you are protected until you end up in a Court room 

understood, but trust me, with plant counts in mind, they don't grow for themselves here. Daily, I could stock three off the top of my mind, with 100% of every bud I produce, if I had no scruples. This is indeed how they do business in MI, first hand knowledge, recent even. Taking in product, doubling and tripling investment, and never getting "dirty" is their goal.

There is many Big grow room i have been to more like trees then plants

It never ceases to amaze me that just because folks have something 'on the top of their mind', who haven't experience reality, think they know all about what is going on.  Like I said, you would need to own a provisioning center to take your place at the table of supplying it. You are doing yourself a huge disservice to not believe this right now. At least the readers here will not be fooled about this today.

lets say this.....I've been to dozens of dispensaries in six yrs, some still open today, and like then, today, they will take pounds and pounds any day of the week, if they are the quality they've come to expect. I have never seen or heard of a dispensary turning down a buy of quality medical buds, any day of the week. There are surely some in many areas I wouldn't travel to, and maybe we're talking about demographics?

There is many Big grow room i have been to more like trees then plants

settle down there ..... I personally know of one grower who has made a living selling to three dispensaries, for years. not new, not short lived, and I'm not saying this is the way to go, or that's the way its gonna be, or that's why I grow.

I was admitting to the reality of selling to a club if legal, that's it. not supporting clubs, not supporting supplying clubs.geesh

It never ceases to amaze me that just because folks have something 'on the top of their mind', who haven't experience reality, think they know all about what is going on.  Like I said, you would need to own a provisioning center to take your place at the table of supplying it. You are doing yourself a huge disservice to not believe this right now. At least the readers here will not be fooled about this today.

okedoke. I just googled the question, and with a hundred thousand answers, the general consensus is that the bulk of clubs get their provisions, that they resell, from their patients.

I am proud to say that the only supply chain types I've seen are exactly like that. I would be jaded if I found out they all employed gorilla vacant buildings and sold cali brick instead. I might be visiting a different demographic than you as mentioned, a more gently, safer one at that maybe

settle down there ..... I personally know of one grower who has made a living selling to three dispensaries, for years. not new, not short lived, and I'm not saying this is the way to go, or that's the way its gonna be, or that's why I grow.

I was admitting to the reality of selling to a club if legal, that's it. not supporting clubs, not supporting supplying clubs.geesh

Sorry i do believe you i also no first hand that they have at the start of 09 but back then it came from out of State most of it the ones i knew where buying at $125 an OZ and may still do but the way the Bill is written 4271 if you do make it their but the big plan is to grow there own

I never said they're not growing their own, even with their satellite members and staff, of course, but they cannot keep up with the demand, soooo....why is so hard to accept that they get the bulk of their gear from members of their own club? or cg's on the streets? look at every other state, google it, howstuffworks, cali suppliers, etc, the answers is clear. growers across the nation supply these clubs, and so do their own gardens , and so do other state growers, of course.  the ones I know rely on growers within their circle, and from the streets to stock their shelves. it is most profitable for those growers willing to take the risk of exposure during a paper raid. undeniably true according to all accounts.