What Does A Caregiver Do With Overages?

1joseph1

I've been offered to get tested and sell them my overages and I've only been to 2, and I didn't ask at the other.  I'm sure they'll take quality.  Actually I'm sure some would take quality, have been to less then 1%.  If locally small batch supplies the best quality and that's what people want, they'd go out if they didn't take it.  None that I saw was bricked.  We all know the best meds come from small, quality grows where the most care can be taken with the product. I don't think warehouse grows can match up.  Although I have no experience, it's just my thoughts on the matter.

They supply themselves, either outright, or by proxy. Live and learn. Some MIGHT use you for a short time when they first open. Just think about it a little more and you will realize they want to supply themselves, wouldn't you? It's just common sense and understanding the equation of how supplying yourself changes things immensely in your favor.

Why have all the electric bills, rent, etc. when you can just up the price and have someone else do the work and you pay for product, not employees?  What happens if you get bugs, power out, the cost of generators, etc.  We can supply it cheaper by using excess heat for our houses in the winter, using the existing infrastructure, etc.  If you have a shop all you need is a scale and computer and well, the shop.  I don't know why anyone would want to do it all, but that's me I guess.

There used to be warehouses breeding leopard geckos till people started breeding them at home.  If they take up part of your existing paying home they can cut costs compared to warehouses.  I think it would run similar w/ mj.

Plus you have biosecurity spreading it out.  Warehouses may fail but multiple growers would never all fail simultaneously.

Edited by Norby

Why have all the electric bills, rent, etc. when you can just up the price and have someone else do the work and you pay for product, not employees?  What happens if you get bugs, power out, the cost of generators, etc.  We can supply it cheaper by using excess heat for our houses in the winter, using the existing infrastructure, etc.  If you have a shop all you need is a scale and computer and well, the shop.  I don't know why anyone would want to do it all, but that's me I guess.

There used to be warehouses breeding leopard geckos till people started breeding them at home.  If they take up part of your existing paying home they can cut costs compared to warehouses.  I think it would run similar w/ mj. I don't know why anyone would want to do it all, but that's me I guess

" I don't know why anyone would want to do it all,"

simple answer, profit margin :)

What I'm saying is that that extra $150/oz(or less, if they pay $200 they'd pay $100 or more in bills/startups to produce it.) comes at the biggest work and production cost.  You could do 1/12th of the work for 1/2 of the money.  Sit behind the counter and watch the profits roll in or stress over cutters, drying, pests, outages in the cold, etc.etc.etc.  Well they are just stupid businessmen I guess.

Edited by Norby

What I'm saying is that that extra $150/oz comes at the biggest work and production cost.  You could do 1/12th of the work for 1/2 of the money.  Sit behind the counter and watch the profits roll in or stress over cutters, drying, pests, outages in the cold, etc.etc.etc.  Well they are just stupid businessmen I guess.

agree, but the first meeting of stake owner would go, How do we increase profit? First answer would be, grow our own.

Of course its speculation but IMO

We have 12 plant and they have 5000. We have rules and limits and they have none. They blow us away with production cost savings with high volume. It's a no brainer. They make ten times as much growing their own at a warehouse.

No, if I have 5 patients, I have 72 plants and cooperatively we have 720 if there are 10 of us and our product would be better.  They have to pay people to do subboutique quality work.  We do it all ourselves.  If you look at it all from one side it looks lopsided but I think if you crunched the #'s and looked thru the whole of dispensaries you'd see 2 or more models that are working because the individuals doing it will work in this environment.  I think when they become legal you'll see a model where dispensary owners realize they can have a life with few worries and do 1/12th of the work and make a lot of money too.

agree, but the first meeting of stake owner would go, How do we increase profit? First answer would be, grow our own.

Of course its speculation but IMO

But at how much more work and how risky?  Profit comin possibly at a higher risk may not be the way to go to stay in business.  1 big problem and your out if you can't make payments on that kind of investment.

And really regret ever getting the card and all this govt interfering with the law we voted in. It is so discouraging and we cannot wait to get off the grid and live our own lives

I'm with you there. And I'm to the point of giving up being a caregiver, too. I simply cannot find any new patients to work with (and the few replies I have had have been nothing more than individuals wanting to do "business"), and I become more and more discouraged with each new bit of lunacy that the State concocts in order to tinker with the Act. I have just one patient left who's terminally ill. Once that ends, I'll grow a small amount for myself -- the best way to avoid overages -- and wait for the State to end homegrown medicinal marijuana all together.

my problem is usually underage lol.

I no right

Who Needs overages...just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Continue to experiment, Grow Up to a Quality, Not Down to a price.

The better your gear the less you need.

Right Now ALL the Bills Proposed are BIG TURDS and so are the reps selling us out. Vote Hel No

Come Out of the cave and into His Marvelous Light

Edited by beourbud

To the OP, What Does A Caregiver Do With Overages?  you burn them :bong7bp:

Or you can make it unusable in compost...which by the way is a great source of nutes.

Managing Weights and Counts is easy once you are up to speed .

Grow Better Not More....We Dont Need NO Stinking dispensaries /provisional center

Listen to all the greedy bastages talking $$$$......Buy a Heart

Our Good Law is Working for EVERYONE except those who would control it.

Peace Love.....Lets give it a chance

No, if I have 5 patients, I have 72 plants and cooperatively we have 720 if there are 10 of us and our product would be better.  They have to pay people to do subboutique quality work.  We do it all ourselves.  If you look at it all from one side it looks lopsided but I think if you crunched the #'s and looked thru the whole of dispensaries you'd see 2 or more models that are working because the individuals doing it will work in this environment.  I think when they become legal you'll see a model where dispensary owners realize they can have a life with few worries and do 1/12th of the work and make a lot of money too.

do you have generators to make sure there is no power outage?  It will only be a few growers growing for the whole state, It is my op that they are trying to get rid of home grows period!  Im sure these big grows would love some great growers to work for them!  It is not looking good for mich, things are gonna change, we may have more places to get mm but its not gonna come from our own rooms!

Just my 3 cts

Peace

Yes. PROPANE powered. Ours is gas,and can run our whole house. Since we have a well,when power goes out,we have no water AND our basement will flood if the sump isn't working. Even during the winter, the sump pump is pumping water out from underneath our house.Without power,the well pump won't work. That means no water for us. No toilet,nothing. Best investment we ever made. You can buy gasoline powered ones,who is going to go out and start it in the middle of the night? What if you aren't home? What if you didn't buy enough gasoline? How much gasoline can you store before it becomes dangerous? When you live somewhere that does NOT have natural gas lines,propane is the only way.  And when the natural gas lines go,we will already be gone to another safe haven.                                                                                           

Edited by jointedone

It is my op that they are trying to get rid of home grows period! 

Just my 3 cts

Peace

We the People Voted for Our Good Law and now these greedy shitmakers want to take OUR Rights Away.

Get OFF Our Grass

If they want to test your meds it is to eliminate you as a source.

Funny how there NEVER was a problem til the attorneys got involved.

Free the Weeed..... Vote NO

Edited by beourbud

I have a small box plugged into my phone line and into the wall. when power goes out it beeps loudly to wake me, and it calls me every 5 minutes on my cell. I'm never more than an hour away. I've received phone calls from it four times. both my home and separate grow rooms are generator plug in ready, but I still have to start them and plug in/switch. No basement here, but also with a well pump/220, and an all electric home, with wood supplement heat.  I spend about 20 bucks each per gen pouring gasoline in once daily, giving me a whole new respect for the power company. There are apps now to allow a phone in monitoring of electric power usage in real time and with internet one could call the grow cam and watch the action.   the techy stuff is out there for the search, but living up north and growing does present some other issues, and a lot of advantages too!

don't forget to reset timers, unless your girls like bright lights in the middle of lights off.

You can never have enough wood,or water. 5 gallon jugs are about 6.50 with the deposit. Distilled is best,no solids. A couple of our trees went down,we cut them up for winter. We go into the woods and cut up old dead trees to add to our woodpile. This year we didn't even have to buy wood. I wouldn't waste precious energy during an emergency for MJ. I would be growing veggies instead,and adding them to the ones that have already been canned,grown right in my own town. We get our eggs fresh every week from the farmer down the road.  NOTE: you have to "pick your own" and chickens peck the crap out of you when you reach under them!. Just to let you know.........And the eggs aren't clean,you have to wash them off with soap and water.

I raise 125 free range chickens+50 rabbits yearly. I would stop growing tomatoes before I stopped growing mj.  we have a solar pump/battery back up for water supply, and a 14 foot deep pond with 700 stocked fish yearly, tilapia, bass, perch, and some feeders. good clean water I'd drink.

some peck me in the morning egg grab, but wife talks to them and they stand up for here. washing your eggs removes a protective coating from them. freshly laid eggs from healthy chicks are squeaky clean. If the eggs sit in the roost all day, they get crapped on by newbies. we collect day and nite to avoid the mess, and roost the newbies separate form the keepers. Float all eggs before using. If they float, discard them, sink is good. float means gas, from decay.

GRASS! Are you also a hillrod hick? I wash them because of salmonella. Aren't they delicious? So much better than old store bought! And I could really use some catfish for our pond next spring.A snapper got in this summer,and we did find her,she was small,but still nearly killed all the fish,and drove away all my painted and blevins turtles. I want to get a nanny goat for milk. But will have to hide her from the township,they are cutting down the number of livestock/acre. And I know she will eat every flower we have planted,so she has to be in a pen with a run-in. Don't have a coop yet,and think the dogs would kill them.