60 Pot Plants Seized In Erie Township

After receiving several tips from residents about possible drug activity, the Erie Township Police De­partment seized

more than sixty marijuana plants from a home in the 2000 block of Candance St. in Erie. #The street value of the plants

is estimated to be several thousand dollars. #While doing routine pa­trol of the area, Sgt. Tom Mohrbach of the ETPD re­portedly

saw a suspicious car in the driveway and could smell a strong odor of marijuana coming from the residence,

despite win­dows being closed. #Inside the home, a “so­phisticated grow opera­tion” was found, according to a press

release. #The homeowner claimed to have a Medical Marijua­na card, but was well over the legal limit. #All marijuana

plants were seized. Warrants to arrest the owner are now being sought. #Erie Police Chief Dean Ansel, Officer Jon

LaSotta and building inspector Mike Demski assisted Sgt. Mohrbach at the scene.

Read more at: http://www.monroenews.com/news/2013/dec/08/60-pot-plants-seized-erie-township/

what prompted this we wonder? zealous cops?  bad laws?

this comment under the story splains it a bit;

maybe we owe it to our Act, to get our Act together, and grow with proper parameters in place ?

Kristina Dickey · Top Commenter

Same thing going on in my neighborhood. This should be illegal in residential areas. I am tired of smelling *skunks* and the possibility of home invasions.
Reply · 1 · Like

Monroe is one of the worst countys in the country for drug overdoses yet residents and drug cops still think cannabis is dangerous.

The  Monroe Coalition for drug abuse tabbed cannabis as the #1 illegal drug problem in the county that just shows you that the focus is on money not saving lives if I didn't leave Monroe in the mid 90s due to the heavy narcotic culture in the county I would have been  long dead by now I am  actually safer living outside of Detroit imagine that  .

what prompted this we wonder? zealous cops?  bad laws?

this comment under the story splains it a bit;

maybe we owe it to our Act, to get our Act together, and grow with proper parameters in place ?

Kristina Dickey · Top Commenter

Same thing going on in my neighborhood. This should be illegal in residential areas. I am tired of smelling *skunks* and the possibility of home invasions.
Reply · 1 · Like

They had a sign saying I have mj for sale on their front lawn! 

That would make the cop a liar also!

Peace

They had a sign saying I have mj for sale on their front lawn! 

That would make the cop a liar also!

Peace

Not only inn her neighborhood but across the hole State and the county 

but i do agree people need to start counting and stay within their plant count i am starting to understand why Cannabis arrest are going up just because the Law say's (Sec8) that you can use it for any marihuana arrest 

Some relevant info I'd like to know:

(1) What was suspicious about this car?

(2) Why could you smell it outside the residence?

(3) Could you smell it all the way to the street

(4) Did this man consent to the search (probably yes ya dummy?)

(5) If he had exactly 60 plants that leads me to believe that he had a a total of 5 patients (or 4+1), maybe the po-po didn't accept a 21 day old application as I.D. or something.

Looking in the comment section really disgusts me. Why are people so paranoid about home invasion as it relates to MMJ? So I can keep thousands and thousands of dollars worth of flat screens, computers, jewelry, tools, aquariums and fish equipment, and other crap in my house no problem. But suddenly 72 pot plants (which are useless to anyone unless they already have a grow or plan on quickly setting up a grow) and a WHOPPING 15 oz (@ 250/oz worth about $3750) max on me and this is suddenly a neighborhood ending problem? People are worried about home invasions happening to THEM because their NEIGHBORS are making a stink? WTH is that about? If I'm in a neighborhood to rob a pot grower, I'm going to the house that stinks not the house next to it. I'm just constantly amazed by the rampant stupidity. My neighbors have a giant flatscreen, I'm scared for my childrens safety!

I love how the cops use the term sophisticated.

Every growing operation with lights and a water source is sophisticated. As soon as you've got everything you need to actually grow anything you're sophisticated. So to the average narco my op looks like what? A Nasa Space station??! LOL!

If you can smell the op from outside the residence it's not sophisticated. If you don't have cards for your plants you are not sophisticated. If people are robbing you you are not sophisticated. HELLO SIR! You're a dummy not Al Capone.

Some relevant info I'd like to know:

(1) What was suspicious about this car?

(2) Why could you smell it outside the residence?

(3) Could you smell it all the way to the street

(4) Did this man consent to the search (probably yes ya dummy?)

(5) If he had exactly 60 plants that leads me to believe that he had a a total of 5 patients (or 4+1), maybe the po-po didn't accept a 21 day old application as I.D. or something.

Looking in the comment section really disgusts me. Why are people so paranoid about home invasion as it relates to MMJ? So I can keep thousands and thousands of dollars worth of flat screens, computers, jewelry, tools, aquariums and fish equipment, and other crap in my house no problem. But suddenly 72 pot plants (which are useless to anyone unless they already have a grow or plan on quickly setting up a grow) and a WHOPPING 15 oz (@ 250/oz worth about $3750) max on me and this is suddenly a neighborhood ending problem? People are worried about home invasions happening to THEM because their NEIGHBORS are making a stink? WTH is that about? If I'm in a neighborhood to rob a pot grower, I'm going to the house that stinks not the house next to it. I'm just constantly amazed by the rampant stupidity. My neighbors have a giant flatscreen, I'm scared for my childrens safety!

I love how the cops use the term sophisticated.

Every growing operation with lights and a water source is sophisticated. As soon as you've got everything you need to actually grow anything you're sophisticated. So to the average narco my op looks like what? A Nasa Space station??! LOL!

If you can smell the op from outside the residence it's not sophisticated. If you don't have cards for your plants you are not sophisticated. If people are robbing you you are not sophisticated. HELLO SIR! You're a dummy not Al Capone.

I guess im bored! :bong2:  :judge:  :butt2:  :yahoo-wave: