Anyone Notice Similarities To The 'born Again' ?

washtenaut

Many years ago a very close friend became a born again Christian.  Once these folks see the light, they are determined to share this light and to save those around them.  Most conversations with this friend eventually turned to beliefs and the Lord.  This turn in the conversation was not always appreciated but I did recognize and appreciate that my friend was trying to help me.

My point isn't to equate belief in the powers of cannabis with Christianity but instead I wish to point out that now that I feel I have seen the light, I wish to share it.  I have also found that, like my born again Christian friend, I can overdo that sharing. 

Have any of the other cannabis disciples been told that they are turning too many conversations toward cannabis?  It just seems there is soooo much information that soooo many do not know.  The laws, the injustices, the FDA, the police, the judges, the research, the misconceptions, the driving, the topicals, the medibles, the oils, the terpenes, the tinctures, etc, etc. 

Sorry, there I go again...lol

Many years ago a very close friend became a born again Christian.  Once these folks see the light, they are determined to share this light and to save those around them.  Most conversations with this friend eventually turned to beliefs and the Lord.  This turn in the conversation was not always appreciated but I did recognize and appreciate that my friend was trying to help me.

My point isn't to equate belief in the powers of cannabis with Christianity but instead I wish to point out that now that I feel I have seen the light, I wish to share it.  I have also found that, like my born again Christian friend, I can overdo that sharing. 

Have any of the other cannabis disciples been told that they are turning too many conversations toward cannabis?  It just seems there is soooo much information that soooo many do not know.  The laws, the injustices, the FDA, the police, the judges, the research, the misconceptions, the driving, the topicals, the medibles, the oils, the terpenes, the tinctures, etc, etc. 

I think I understand. Yes. Converts often take up the cause in extreme measures. It happens.

You might find interesting William James' Varieties of Religious Experience.

I find that if I'm patient long enough someone else will bring it up and then I'm in a better 'position of strength' to comment. Keep your cards close to your chest and wait for others to show their hand. Then you know what you are up against before you even open your mouth.

Will the real resorium please stand up, please stand up, bawahahahahaha!  I think you seen the light also!

I hear ya wash!  when I first got in the program I was alot loose with my lips and my legality!!! :bong7bp:

I always used mj but when I discoverd mm I was hooked on the benifits vs pharmo's!!

Lmao  I was married in a assembly of god church oh just saying that I almost spit on my screen in laughter,,,,but it is true rotglmfao!

That just brought up a whole lot of memory's and most of them are not to good lol, some are funny as hell, I believe I am very well read when it comes to bibles, including the mj bible lol!  I practice no religion, I have my belieif's and I generaly shut my mouth when it comes to religion, like politics we all have our own believe's I have been to so many different sects of christianity and I believe catholics are one of the first forms of christianity! (i was baptised catholic) my mother is a catholic jew bawahahahaha!  I s h i t you not!

I find myself interested in the free masons now, Ive read many books and it kinda makes alot of sense when you throw the masons into the pile, masons claim to not practice religious belief's, I beleive they started as a fraternity of some sort in masonary, like the old ruins, and everything that is from over 2000 yrs ago,  upto today, I believe they have ties to a religion and people of power and have done the dirty work for ever, and not just building the pyrimids. many of our presidents were and are still free masons!

wow that coming from me and im not realy a conspiracy theorist, but I do have an open mind! and an opinion lol!

I like the post, I believe alot of us know born agains and mm users!

Peace

yes

• 3 weeks later...

I know exactly what you mean. I stop myself from interjecting often, to avoid the "everything is cannabis shaped" projection. good observation and comparison.

peace

I think that too many people still think that anyone who speaks about marijuana in positive terms is looking to sell them some. They see see anyone who speaks in positive terms about marijuana as a "pusher". There are too many negative connotations associated with the term "pusher". As soon as marijuana is brought up in a conversation with some people, you can feel the tension in the room rise by about 1000% and there is no way that their negative feelings are going to be changed by anything that anyone says. It is bad and they just know it. I would lump just about all seriously religious people into the "I-know-it-all-already" category.

I find it amusing to watch the "Born Again Christians" at a church service holding their hands in the air and jumping around like they are on drugs or something (watch some old videos of Woodstock and notice what the tripping hippies do). The really extreme born agains handle snakes and speak in tongues. I have to wonder if acting like this somehow increases the bodies tendency to produce its own cannabinoids.