Need Help

chi_guy

Hi I am a cg in the kzoo area. I have been a member of this site since 2008 and have hundreds of posts on here.

I am reaching out to the true cg's out there. I currently have a patient who has been fighting a tough breast cancer situation for the past couple years. She has just under went a double mastectomy and is about to go through another round of chemotherapy. I need access to elite cuts. Don't get me wrong I have great genetics but I know there are much better out there. I'm talking about those specific cuts that people hold so dearly that they will never leave their garden. I assure that there is no alterior motive here other than a caregiver that wants to get their patient the best meds possible to hopefully help keep them alive. Willing to compensate whatever that's not the point but I'm only looking for serious cuts. Don't care about thc or cbd percentages just really good medicine. The true cg's know what I'm looking for.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

If it's a clone only elite cut that's probably what I'm looking for. If it came from seed probably not what we're looking for(I know they all came from seed at one point) this is for dry meds only as extracts are legally questionable right now even I know she could benefit greatly from them. I've tried many different strains with her with varying thc and cbd profiles. I know she's responded well to the kush lines but I know that even though we have great strains but we have sampled better especially from out west. Which led me to believe it's definitely a genetic thing and less to do with certain cannabinoid profiles.

genetics are only part of the equation. "clone only" or "seed form" wont be a good judge of character or efficacy I'm afraid.

If she's smoking her herb, kush=,(afghan), it should be knocking her down, in a good way. The staple "OG Kush is a top contender in the medical field for good reason. The top ten Cup winners of the year

in various countries are always available in seed form, and I've had them all. Each has been medically sound and a pleasure to

grow and use. I find gems all the time in the dna afghan pack, ones not ever seen before. The possibilities are endless, and 100% of the afghani I've grown has been knock down pur goodness for everyone. You wont find a more powerful selection than some properly expressed Rare Dankness gear, if drool and nod is your thing. 

good luck with her, don't give up helping

kudos

Which led me to believe it's definitely a genetic thing and less to do with cannabinoid profiles ........

BINGO. That's what you find when you pay attention to what patients say and not so much what a machine tells you. The cannabinoid profiles shown with current testing are mostly to back up hype designed to help advertise strains for sale to make people rich.

We are talking about strain 'potential' I believe. Sure you can mess it up. Some strains have a much greater potential for medical uses than others. You learn that from patients, not machines. If you look into the research done by companies who do more than just scratch the service of medical cannabis testing you see how complicated testing needs to be to even provide a clue about a strain. Most testing that any grower here in Michigan would have done is junk science.

Real testing takes weeks/months of lab work, combined with clinical studies involving patients. Do they do that before they 'give you a number'? To understand what real science involving cannabis plants and patient effects looks like then go over to the Sativex site and see what they did in regards to testing. I'm not even sure what they did was really good enough to understand cannabis strains and how they work/differ. But it is a far cry closer to REAL than any junk science a grower here can get/afford. The best testing a Michigan caregiver has access to is done by patients.

Real testing takes weeks/months of lab work, combined with clinical studies involving patients. Do they do that before they 'give you a number'? To understand what real science involving cannabis plants and patient effects looks like then go over to the Sativex site and see what they did in regards to testing. I'm not even sure what they did was really good enough to understand cannabis strains and how they work/differ. But it is a far cry closer to REAL than any junk science a grower here can get/afford. The best testing a Michigan caregiver has access to is done by patients.

I agree and that is why Cannabis is  a wonder plant

Thanks for the input. I would have to disagree that kush=afghan. Most true OG kushes seem to stem from the chemdog/sour diesel family and the pure kushes like the pre 98 and master and purple kushes seem to come from landrace from the pakistani/India borders. I'm looking for true cuts of strains like these that don't come from any of the recent seed companies stock. So again if it's a cut of strains like these that is older than ten years I think it might be right. But nowadays all the seed companies do is take two elites and cross them and sell us unproven stock then we have to go n a pheno hunt. My patients don't have the time or health to go through that. That is why Is rather have the elite mother and keep her well cared for.

"Kush" is a place/region..  You are right, the "OG" is most likely another hybridized Kush with the aforementioned strains. There is Tahoe, and Lemon, and even some sativa dom, purple Kush hybrids too.

Origins of the Kush

The disputed region known as the Hindu Kush shares its boundaries with Pakistan and Afghanistan just north of Indian-controlled Jammu and Kashmir. The area has long been known for its ongoing conflicts as well as its history of cannabis and hashish production. Part of the legendary Himalayas mountain range, the fertile valleys and hillsides of the Hindu Kush have, for centuries, produced the world’s finest hash. Years of natural and human selection for the most resinous, indica-dominant plants have resulted in short, stocky bushes covered with huge, shiny trichomes

wiki says;

Kush refers to a subset of strains of Cannabis indica

The origins of Kush Cannabis are from landrace plants mainly in Afghanistan, Northern Pakistan and North-Western India with the name coming from the Hindu Kush mountain range.

"Hindu Kush" strains of Cannabis were brought to the United States in the mid-to-late 1970s and continue to be available there to the present day.

Kush strains were among those cultivated by the British firm GW Pharmaceuticals for its legally licensed commercial trial of medicinal cannabis

The Kandy Kush x Skunk is a whopper flavor filled strong medicine, commercially available, and a mainstay here.

peace out

Thanks for the input. I would have to disagree that kush=afghan. Most true OG kushes seem to stem from the chemdog/sour diesel family and the pure kushes like the pre 98 and master and purple kushes seem to come from landrace from the pakistani/India borders. I'm looking for true cuts of strains like these that don't come from any of the recent seed companies stock. So again if it's a cut of strains like these that is older than ten years I think it might be right. But nowadays all the seed companies do is take two elites and cross them and sell us unproven stock then we have to go n a pheno hunt. My patients don't have the time or health to go through that. That is why Is rather have the elite mother and keep her well cared for.

strains like you are looking for won't be easy to fine because growers  won't give them up back before 2008 i knew someone that sold 1 cut for $10,000 

i still have it and plan to start my grow as soon as the Bills pass and no one  has it as it was passed down many years ago i can't wait to help the sick 

Maybe an easy way to start is to hit the dispensary for a sample pack of everything available, give it to her, ask for her feedback, then at least you narrow your selection criteria considerably?

I think if you tell them what you are trying to do, and are willing to pay for total weight of the meds, they would be willing to help out. Geez they should be!

Edited by Guanotea1

Marijuana's effect, particular strain by strain, I've found to be highly idiosyncratic I.E. different from person to person taking the same drug. Doctors go through this all the time, for example minocycline does nothing to control my acne, but doxycycline works a treat. Both are good and effective acne drugs in general. Just something to ponder!

strains like you are looking for won't be easy to fine because growers  won't give them up back before 2008 i knew someone that sold 1 cut for $10,000 

i still have it and plan to start my grow as soon as the Bills pass and no one  has it as it was passed down many years ago i can't wait to help the sick 

10k!!! that's a lot for any strain no matter how amazing. I guess nobody is willing to part with their gold. Honestly as caregivers we all should do what we can to help eachother help our patients. Because once the pharmacies take over the quality of the medicine in this state will drop significantly. I know they say they wont interfere with the caregiver patient relationship but they also said that in Canada and look what happened, Too much money for them to look the other way. If anybody does have an elite cut they are willing to part with pm me if not I understand. Im just trying to do right by my patient so I figured I would ask.

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the genetics race, I hope you find what you are looking for. The request for older lines makes me not.able to help you, although I don't think thats the proper question for what your looking for. You just need a caregiver, not a grower, they find the standouts...and it takes cracking many beans and lots of time, and In the future your own breeding maybe. When you do find somethin, especially a gifted clones ( even when paying for elites, its a big gift...) I would hope to see you offering the genetics to people in need since you know the other side now.

If you can be clear to what exactly.they respond well.to, what Yoi have tried etc the community can help more.

What about larger amounts raw, limited decarb to get total levels higher? Potentiators added to ingestion to facilitate stronger uptake? Tell me what you do, maybe we can tell you if there's any tips for your current regiment while struggling.

And most with elites will want you to show your efforts and path is proper before handing out gold. Best wishes for both! Alternative therapy like reiki also help, I'm a practitioner, ask away if your ok adding other modalities for patient optimization!

Thanks for the responses and keeping this thread alive. People keep asking what am I specifically looking for. I've tried to be as descriptive as possible but honestly I don't even know. As far as other treatment methods such as zofran and reiki eating healthy I've made these suggestions to her. But I'm trying to focus on the treatment I'm supposed to help her and my other patients with and that is cannabis. I know and willing to show and prove my path and efforts are genuine