Grow Room Address

trichcycler

in the beginning I saw the majority of problems arising from family and friends in a registry. It seemed like so much hassle for some people I decided to let patients find me, establish a relationship, and move forward with that. Granted, it's a slower process, but I have the rest of my life to grow, and in no rush. Being very specific with my requirements, and comparative expectations also slows the process down further. But, when finally we meet and register, I find these patients to be like long lost friends of mine, with great respect and appreciation for what we do. No family, no friends allowed in my registry since day one, works well for me, and no strange ranger issues yet. None are ever invited to my home or grow, ever.

I have the rest of my life to grow? this does sound like even if the Law would stop someone from growing you still would grow ?

Keep the fate brother is what someone i know say's 

Out of context I suppose you are correct. within context though, it sounds like I'm in no rush to register patients, I'm in it for the grow, not the dough. I enjoy growing, but did not grow cannabis before the state gave me a card. I wanted to, most of my life, but chose not to. I even had indoor grow rooms most years of my life, and greenhouses too, very tempting, but nope. I did however use marijuana most yrs of my life, before permitted to do so. shame on me.

if laws changed and I was not permitted to grow, within weeks of both our moms passing, we would most likely relocate to a place I can grow state legally. We currently provide care to both mums, strokes, Alzheimer's, pain, etc. neither is capable of doing much of anything, and I'd refrain from growing cannabis.  I grow other cash crops, with no legal ramifications, so still can enjoy the grow scene indoors year round. I'd find someone willing to sell me my needs surely, as I always have yrs ago . I ain't suitable for prison, and haven't saved up much money, so I'd be scared of growing illegally. using is a misdemeanor, no worries.

I am not so sure as I am understanding the wording that LARA means that the patient has to PHYSICALLY be the one

to submit the change/ cg attestation form.  I think (and I have been wrong b4) that it means it must be included w/ the

patients forms.

Feel free to correct me.

My 'P.O.' box does not read "P.O. Box # - -" I have a regular street address with a number as in an apt complex or something.

I only recently bought a box for privacy reasons. 

Due to FOIA I/we have no privacy and it takes a LOT doing to get removed from the internet as I am finding.

It is really freaky when a person to whom you do not want on your door step, is able to 'google' (stalk) you then after

10 years actually comes to your home.  Really freaked me out. 

With my 2nd cg, we went to the post office together, it worked out that way except.... I still got a denial bc LARA said

that I did not send in a copy of my DL! WHAT?  I did, cg double checked the packet... LARA mucked that one up.

I paid for my criminal back ground check and for the caregiver change.  I do not have any issue paying these fees either.

I have not seen this.  This "requirement" is contrary to my own experience.  I have never had a problem signing a new patient, even when the patient provides a copy of their ID, they sign the app/Change Form, and then turn everything over to me...and then I write the $10 check from a personal bank account and package/mail it myself and give the patient no copies of my card/ID.

Can you post a link to such a requirement? 

I am not so sure as I am understanding the wording that LARA means that the patient has to PHYSICALLY be the one

to submit the change/ cg attestation form. 

Edited by Highlander

I do what you do concerning the mailing, but ^^^^^^

They cold not advise me any further than following the directions on the forms. I think its safe to say, if we don't trust them with our address, then we shouldn't be growing and providing medical marijuana to them. tough call for me, as I don't know any patients until after I register them, and then how much do you really know someone you met online a short time ago?....ah, one stet closer to growing only 12 for me....

I have not seen this.  This "requirement" is contrary to my own experience.  I have never had a problem signing a new patient, even when the patient provides a copy of their ID, they sign the app/Change Form, and then turn everything over to me...and then I write the $10 check from a personal bank account and package/mail it myself and give the patient no copies of my card/ID.

does your doctor give you his home addy ? yes/no

does your pharmacist give you his home addy? yes/no

does the radiologist give you his home addy? yes/no

does the nurse who wipes your donkey give you his home addy? yes/no

then why the flower should i give some guy off the street my home addy?

how could we effect change in the lara directions?

when a patient reads directions on the forms and a caregiver wants to do it differently, I understand the caution flag rising in the patient. I've thusfar required an siple interview in email, all info be forwarded to me via email when patient is comfortable with me, I complete the forms/info, cert mail it, and 21 days later I meet for the first time. some don't like that, but the ones that do are always my ideal patients and are rewarded well for their trust.

does your doctor give you his home addy ? yes/no

does your pharmacist give you his home addy? yes/no

does the radiologist give you his home addy? yes/no

does the nurse who wipes your donkey give you his home addy? yes/no

then why the flower should i give some guy off the street my home addy?

Yeah, wow F.  I guess I've been lucky enough to not need to deal with this crap....due to long-term patients...a couple of which share my mailing address.  Things were different a couple of years ago.  F.

I've done the mailings with both my patients and they understand if they don't get my address no one else will either and that's the safest way.  I told them I have my wife's protection to think about first and foremost and they understand that.  If they don't they can find another caregiver.

I wouldn't worry if it was NY because my patients would be people who already knew where I live and I grew up with but here it's a completely different story.

I was replying to the recommendation by LARA that the patient send in the form.

I was pondering as to whether this meant that patients had to be the person that physically sent

the caregiver attestation or change form in, or if they only meant that those forms need to accompany

the patients other forms as in when 1st applying to the registry, renewing or, just changing.

I don't see how they would know who actually sent the forms.

• 2 weeks later...

If you grow in your home, the "act" says that the patient can have access to the "grow". I have never had a patient that did NOT want to at least see the grow room(s) at least once. If I was a patient, I would insist on it before any thing went through.

I think we are still working under the assumption that the plants you grow for patients, BELONG TO THE PATIENT, at least in theory. Right????

So the premise of "not divulging address" or access, seems at the very least to be a caregiver wish and not a reality in most cases. Exceptions exist for sure. Growing in other locations, etc.

This can get very complicated.

Other issues include LARA eventually using only internet submissions in the future (bound to happen). We will access a private page at LARA and manage our patients through that portal. Privacy would be best served at this point IF they do it correctly.

Personally, I would be more worried that you are throwing your Social Security number around on all these forms and the many copies that most people make.

You also have the issue of all the people who have access to your info at the place you get your Dr. cert. (especially if you let THEM do your paperwork-very common). A whole nother can of worms.

Well, if you insisted that you come to a cg home and see their garden, "before anything went through", how could you legally have access to see the garden unlocked, or 12 plants that are not yours, if not already a registered patient of your prospective cg?  I've never had  patient ask to come to my home, or see my garden(other than pics) since 08. As a grower I definitely understand they the answer will always be a big fat NO, and then NEXT, from me.

Imagine the hoards of rippers posing as patients just to get to your addy and see your harvest schedule.

since patients are not required to accept the amount of usable material they agreed on, and they wont get charged for any plants found in my garden,  I grow the 12 plants on behalf of my patients. They have NO legal right to remove them from me, and cg's are not required to provide on gram of mj to a patient, "ownership"  remains questionable, imo. I know that the state refers to the plants as "patients plants". I've never seen a patient able to retrieve their plants if not satisfied with service.