Friendly Police Visit?

trichcycler

specifically, this "club" required club fees, just to buy illegal marijuana from them, geesh, the politics.

yet, they had lines of good law abiding folks, supporting the illegal activity 7 days a week, into the dark even.

so, why do they exist? who's the bad guys there?   how do they get financial support for their activities? 

who's fault ?

I have also been to some of these clubs and was in one that got raided back in 2011 when i was their and when Leo searched me and found Cannabis on me they ended up giving it back

I said to them thats the first time a Cop has ever gave  me marijuana 

Edited by bobandtorey

Semantics might not effect the dispensaries, but it does effect the clubs.  I take calls every week from people thinking our club is a dispensary.  I've talked to people that won't go to the club because they think it is selling MMJ and they don't want to be involved with it.  Semantics really does make a difference.  It's one of the main reasons we haven't been able to relaunch the whole compassion club program.  It's hard to start patient support clubs when everyone thinks a club is a dispensary.

Barbi and I are fine thank you ! Without getting too far off subject, we are both fighting the same for you still on a local, state, and federal level. We just do it very quietly. But know that we are always thinking about all of you, are grateful for everything always, and always look forward to seeing you. We have been able to make a couple of surprise functions visits, but other than that, we are just living.

As for this forum question ... there really are to many variables for a good answer really. Just be careful, God bless .. and I will see you all soon at the legalization bash. We will be in Uruguay ;)

it is a bummer. Maybe these fine places can have names like Advanced Health Alternatives , or Holistic Choices for example, and bag the whole "club" mentality?

Semantics might not effect the dispensaries, but it does effect the clubs.  I take calls every week from people thinking our club is a dispensary.  I've talked to people that won't go to the club because they think it is selling MMJ and they don't want to be involved with it.  Semantics really does make a difference.  It's one of the main reasons we haven't been able to relaunch the whole compassion club program.  It's hard to start patient support clubs when everyone thinks a club is a dispensary.

Cops scare me. A few weeks ago I called 911 about a house across the street. The owner was at work and their dog(Pit Bull) had jumped through a window and took off. Normally I don't call the cops for anything, especially if it isn't my business. The only reason I even called was because the dog was bleeding like crazy. Blood was all over the window sill. I was just looking out for the animals well being really. Anyway, the cop get's here and starts asking "ME" my name, birthdate, and all this personal info. I gave him all the info because I have nothing to hide but WTF? He made me feel like I had done something wrong. I do know now that I don't have to answer these questions as long as I'm not a suspect to a crime. I don't know what this has to do with the OP but just thought I'd vent. No hijack intended.

• 1 month later...

nothing good ever comes outta talking to a cop

Cops scare me. A few weeks ago I called 911 about a house across the street. The owner was at work and their dog(Pit Bull) had jumped through a window and took off. Normally I don't call the cops for anything, especially if it isn't my business. The only reason I even called was because the dog was bleeding like crazy. Blood was all over the window sill. I was just looking out for the animals well being really. Anyway, the cop get's here and starts asking "ME" my name, birthdate, and all this personal info. I gave him all the info because I have nothing to hide but WTF? He made me feel like I had done something wrong. I do know now that I don't have to answer these questions as long as I'm not a suspect to a crime. I don't know what this has to do with the OP but just thought I'd vent. No hijack intended.

you're beef is with clubs selling marijuana I think, not with  folks who know of them. Its no secret there are good and bad in every organization. But are clubs that sell marijuana considered "bad" ? I don't know about that, considering they wouldn't exist if not for their monetary support from illegal sales.(not equal to "bad"?)

you're beef is with clubs selling marijuana I think, not with  folks who know of them. Its no secret there are good and bad in every organization. But are clubs that sell marijuana considered "bad" ? I don't know about that, considering they wouldn't exist if not for their monetary support from illegal sales.(not equal to "bad"?)

Where did you ever get the idea that illegal sales are needed to exist?

Folks will tell you that as a poor excuse to get what they want out of a club. Bully you into it. Been there and done that. They will tell lies and tear a club down just to take it over and use it for illegal sales.

Would the Genesee county Compassion Club exist without transfers?  and what of the others than are closed down already, why would they close?

when a member asks for help to find a club or dispensary, there is no shortage of smoke reviews and prices from "Clubs" listed. Why would a club take that risk if it wasn't necessary? 

I know there are great efforts and awesome clubs for patients to come and learn, socialize, and share experiences, with no transfers, of course.  But we're talking specifically of the "clubs" that are mentioned in the forum that do indeed transfer, as part of their revenue stream. when they are caught, the club fizzles. sorry they shine badly on the law abiding ones.

Folks will tell you that as a poor excuse to get what they want out of a club. Bully you into it. Been there and done that. They will tell lies and tear a club down just to take it over and use it for illegal sales.

Edited by grassmatch

Would the Genesee county Compassion Club exist without transfers?  and what of the others than are closed down already, why would they close?

when a member asks for help to find a club or dispensary, there is no shortage of smoke reviews and prices from "Clubs" listed. Why would a club take that risk if it wasn't necessary? 

I know there are great efforts and awesome clubs for patients to come and learn, socialize, and share experiences, with no transfers, of course.  But we're talking specifically of the "clubs" that are mentioned in the forum that do indeed transfer, as part of their revenue stream. when they are caught, the club fizzles. sorry they shine badly on the law abiding ones.

G3c survives because they claim no transfers outside of card relations.

It's been covered over and over. I have provided live video of the leaders of the club and the local prosecutor saying that.

I have been to quite a few clubs now, and although sales are frowned upon by the club owners, ive yet to go to a club yet that I couldnt get some mm or the likes, and I also could have sold some, but I dont bring anything to a meeting, Im to afraid im going to get pulled over and get a dui! I think there are plenty of good clubs still and they absolutly do not allow transfers in their club or in the parking lot after, but it dont stop members or visitors from going else where after the meetings, that doesnt make the club bad, it makes some of the members and or visitors bad! and that gives the rest of us a bad name, now a private pic nic on private property and maybe a week end thing with no agenda's is way different and way more friendly, and still ive been to one of them and all I seen was people sharing with pts who are in the same place at the same time, I see nothing wrong with that, leo might, but as long as people act like normal sick people act, leo will never even stop, they may go by, but what they would see is people of all ages no weed flags and nothing out of the ordinary, oh they may not see people drinking alcohol, that is a different concept eh?

Those are my fav, hoping to have one or two next summer, I cant tell you how bad my face hurt from meeting with a bunch of strangers (many i talked to on here but never met in person) I smiled all day and my face muscles hurt the next day lol!

Peace

how they transfer is not the issue here. the point is that they, the "Club" does indeed(edit(ALLOW) transfer.  so defend away.

G3c survives because they claim no transfers outside of card relations.

It's been covered over and over. I have provided live video of the leaders of the club and the local prosecutor saying that.

Edited by grassmatch

how they transfer is not the issue here. the point is that they, the "Club" does indeed transfer. they also advertised mail order cannabis, so defend away.

Defend what? Un substantiated claims from an annonymous user?

Like I said, the Club and the Prosecutor, David Leyton, have made public press conferences that outline the activities and they have stressed that there are no tranfers outside of card relations that they know of.

Until you have something more credible than the club Pres and Pros. Leyton on video speaking specifically there's no defense needed.

You grassmatch, just went and posted about something you have no knowledge of again.

when a member asks for help to find a club or dispensary, there is no shortage of smoke reviews and prices from "Clubs" listed. 

i've been here a few years and i dont remember seeing someone post a dispensary with a smoke review and prices.

i've seen people review dispensaries in negative light, or people point to weedmaps (like me hah). but no one advertising a dispensary like that. you see any posts on here like that or are you talking about somewhere else?

I've seen some here too. "having trouble finding a good club help" 

oh try this one, good prices, good meds, open now. see it at other forums too.

I don't see "advertisement" but suggestions and directions, neighborhood reviews, general good/bdd prices etc.

some are even called "Compassion Clubs" . California uses this term loosely also, and I imagine other states do as well.

Like I said, the Club and the Prosecutor, David Leyton, have made public press conferences that outline the activities and they have stressed that there are no tranfers outside of card relations that they know of.

Until you have something more credible than the club Pres and Pros. Leyton on video speaking specifically there's no defense needed.

You grassmatch, just went and posted about something you have no knowledge of again.

Jeremiah has an excellent working relationship with Leyton and other local government.  Whatever reason Leyton gives for buying in is fine with me. I gotta hand it to those guys. Genessee County is an island of sanity in an ocean of bullschit and I'm glad to be here. The club is a friendly, comfortable place. I've heard of no crime spike on account of it or of security issues, and talked with a lot of fine and interesting people. The coffee isn't half bad, the drugs are always good and prices whatever the market will bear, which is frequetly $10 or less per gram. The assortment is great, and there is a tavern next door that serves up beer and sandwiches. What's not to like? The club does not engage in any transfers, and subsequently stays out of the crosshairs. A pharmer's market, individual arrests are of little interest to law enforcement. I think it a great model that can work many places, and this is not the first time I've said so.

Edited by GregS

really? I saw their website, and am using the info they had posted. sorry that upset you.

for clarification; you say the "clubis friendly......drugs are good, and prices....10$ gram,.......but then later you said the club does not engage in transfers. please explain.

I may be confusing the "Club" with a related dispensary ?

Jeremiah has an excellent working relationship with Leyton and other local government.  Whatever reason Leyton gives for buying in is fine with me. I gotta hand it to those guys. Genessee County is an island of sanity in an ocean of bullschit and I'm glad to be here. The club is a friendly, comfortable place. I've heard of no crime spike on account of it or of security issues, and talked with a lot of fine and interesting people. The coffee isn't half bad, the drugs are always good and prices whatever the market will bear, which is frequetly $10 or less per gram. The assortment is great, and there is a tavern next door that serves up beer and sandwiches. What's not to like? The club does not engage in any transfers, and subsequently stays out of the crosshairs. A pharmer's market, individual arrests are of little interest to law enforcement. I think it a great model that can work many places, and this is not the first time I've said so.

for clarification; you say the "clubis friendly......drugs are good, and prices....10$ gram,.......but then later you said the club does not engage in transfers. please explain.

I may be confusing the "Club" with a related dispensary ?

Could it just possibly mean the caregivers have decent medical cannabis for their patients or would that be too tame of an interpretation? You can make whatever you want to see out of it.

I don't know what it means, until the poster, gregs explains it to me. I'd rather not try and guess what he meant in his post, hence the request for clarification.

Could it just possibly mean the caregivers have decent medical cannabis for their patients or would that be too tame of an interpretation? You can make whatever you want to see out of it.