Did You Catch It?

I happen to be looking for a new caregiver and tonight while wasting some time 'fore bed...stumbled upon this ad:

SG Labs now has caregivers accepting patients in Adrian!Varies
Description
In order for SG Labs to flourish and meet the growing demand for Michigan’s medical marijuana patients, we’re proud to announce that we now have qualified caregivers in Adrian. Frank is a Certified Master Grower with many years of experience and now currently accepting qualified patients. The caregivers service Adrian and all surround cities. To get more information Call Frank at 419-234-XXXX and let him and his compassionate staff help you with your marijuana needs.

Sign up today for Caregiver services and receive free gifts, while supplies last!

Like we’ve always said.. “We have enough problems in life to deal with and getting quality marijuana should not be one of them.”

URL: 
Tags: 
Stats: 109 total views, 1 so far today /-b

Notice anything? The number listed for said Master Grower has an Ohio area code?! I do realize he could've recently moved and not changed his phone service and/or picked up a disposable cell phone, etc. Personally, it'd make me nervous to even contact this person! So this is my friendly and gentle reminder to everyone to pay attention to the details for everyone's sake and safety please!

I'd hate to hear that someone had to spend the holidays with LEO or legal troubles!!  :watching:

I'm suspicious of any CG ad that discusses the CG being part of something big. 

In order for SG Labs to flourish and meet the growing demand for Michigan’s medical marijuana patients, we’re proud to announce that we now have qualified caregivers in Adrian

I always get a chuckle out of stuff like this.  Sounds more like a carpet cleaning business.  Any business that "has caregivers" reeks of a scam or an illegal network.

Hey I know of carded patients/caregivers with all kinds of phone numbers.

Cali, Colorado, Maine and yes Ohio too.

Since phone numbers are portable now who changes theirs when they move?

i know I didn't when I moved back to Michigan from Ohio.

Although that operation sounds very fishy regardless of the given phone number.

could be a couple of caregivers enterprising ?  I've never heard of a caregiver leo setting up a patient by registering them.

Since the majority of caregivers and patients in our state are legitimate folks, I see the ad at face value.

Thank you both for your replies! Not saying they aren't legit, however, it just struck me as odd to see someone listing an OH phone number. (Admittedly, first time I've seen it. Haven't had to look for cg services in several years.) I just thought it prudent to share and perhaps spark some discussion as well. :) (Especially given the recent posts regarding allowing your patient to see your i.d.) Just as caregivers want to ensure for their own peace of mind, sanity, etc., that their patients are legal, we patients also want to feel that same comfort with our caregivers. 

a couple google taps turns these up. looks legit to me. real phones are listed, soil sold, worm tea sold, new website, doctor advertisement...

this ad appears on budtrader also. http://sglabsdotbiz.blogspot.com/

http://www.sglabs.biz/

Thank you for the links :) I do plan on posting an ad here, just need to get off my behind... *sheepish look* I like looking around to see what is being offered and to mainly, just arm myself with more info. Gives me something to do when I can't sleep and/or am in too much pain; so I look for ways to distract myself. 

Hey anner, good to see you 'out' posting, I hope all is well with you!

Let me be 'Frank' (lmao), WTH is a "Master Grower" ?

It seems we have been round and round about what defines a Master Grower  :)

Just cuz I can bait a hook, does that indeed make me a Master Baiter ? :D

I can grow food stuffs like maters, herbs, peppers and the likes, am I now a Master Gardener?

edit to add:  The adv. says "Certified Master Grower".  Where does this certification come from?

Like Oaksterdam or some such? humm

Edited by imiubu

Hey anner, good to see you 'out' posting, I hope all is well with you!

Let me be 'Frank' (lmao), WTH is a "Master Grower" ?

It seems we have been round and round about what defines a Master Grower  :)

Just cuz I can bait a hook, does that indeed make me a Master Baiter ? :D

I can grow food stuffs like maters, herbs, peppers and the likes, am I now a Master Gardener?

edit to add:  The adv. says "Certified Master Grower".  Where does this certification come from?

Like Oaksterdam or some such? humm

Heyas m'dear :) Trying to get ready for the dreaded upcoming holidays, ugh! (everyday is Halloween for me :D)  How've you been doing? 

*Just gonna behave myself and not comment on the Master skillz to spare the masses from my pervy/warped sense of humor :D 

LOL! You aren't pervy/ warped.  Well, not too much imo anyway :P:D

I am doing well thanks.

Just waiting til Jan. 1, 2014 when this 'Happy Holidays' crappola will be done with.

This is my last year being guilted against my better judgement into buying Christmas gifts YAY! :dodgyrun:

I will be buggin out of State for warmer climes starting 2014 "Holiday Season".

bah humbug with commerical 'Holidiays' !

hey anner, we ought to get chat back up and fun here again!

Edited by imiubu

I still have my New York area code.  Just got a local tracfone today for caregiver stuff though.

Thank you for the links :) I do plan on posting an ad here, just need to get off my behind... *sheepish look* I like looking around to see what is being offered and to mainly, just arm myself with more info. Gives me something to do when I can't sleep and/or am in too much pain; so I look for ways to distract myself. 

I've always considered myself a great distraction.

Good post, and good to see ya.

It is an extremely common business trick to casually but not explicitly misrepresent the size of your organization. Not that I'm saying that's what this is but lets think about it.

Example is putting the sole member of the LLC as a "Vice President" that way your company appears larger than it is. That trick, btw, comes directly from Timothy Ferriss author of 4 hour work week. (And yes a large portion of that book is bullcrap). In my business affairs (non-mmj) I do like to keep the man behind the curtain real or imagined it's useful.

People think you have someone to answer to. It can give you leverage in a negotiation (hold on I gotta run this upstairs!), can make it easier to escape accountability as well.

Besides that, in caregiving there are a lot of good reasons to appear shall we say larger than life

(1) Security, are you gonna mess more with a lone wolf or a powerful cabal? With our powers combined... we are captain cannabis!

(2) Reduce the number of stupid calls?? For example someone called me today asking for a caregiver referal (random) and was very put off when I begin to talk about monthly pricing and consumption. OH I THOUGHT THIS WAS FREE. YOU'RE TRYING TO SELL ME WEED??? Hahaha I said no sir I'm not trying to sell anybody anything. I don't get any cut if you're not my patient on my registry and my registry is full. Just trying to hook good people up with each other! I did tell him that mostly people offering that are into something illegal and even though it's still possible to get those arrangements, they are dwindling in numbers. W/E.

Now would you call a professional organization and be like hey give me free product? Call up the dispensary and do that? hmmm.. I'm guessing they field much fewer of those calls :) I'm also guessing fewer people email them asking about pounds for export or any of the other CRAZY stuff just a few BAD APPLES occassionally do. Not sure, just a guess.